Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Alts have Real World Usages and are not pump and dumps?  (Read 576 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:15:54 PM

Bitcoin does not have triangle pump and dump shapes in its charts. Im Looking for established Alts that have real world usages in the top 200 of coinmarketcap.

Bitcoin and Ethereum have real world usages hence they are at the top 2.

Generally real world usages Alts are mostly cloned into several different Alts claiming to be better, cheaper, faster etc.

Which Alts are unique, established, has a committing team behind it to see it into the future and will definitely survive in a long term bear market?

Hopefully I get good responses that are not Biased.
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:48:24 PM

Take a look at ArtByte, the digital currency created to benefit artists of all kinds: painters, musicians, sculptors, actors, dancers, writers, film makers, photographers, etc.

ArtByte has supported over 15,000 artists around the world since our launch on May 1, 2014, with tipping apps, showcases, awards, grants, forum participation, etc. Musicians can sell their work for ArtBytes and keep 100% of the proceeds on: http://music.artbyte.me The next step is a gallery for all types of artists to sell their work.

Sites:

Main site: http://artbyte.me
Announce Thread: https://bitcointalk.or/index.php?topic=503131.0
ArtByte Forum: http://forum.artbyte.me
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtByteMe
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artbyteme
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtByte/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/artbyte/

ArtByte is traded on:

Bittrex: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ABY
LiteBit.eu https://www.litebit.eu/nl/kopen/artbyte
Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ABY_BTC
Yobit: https://yobit.net/en/trade/ABY/BTC

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:51:37 PM

Bitcoin does not have triangle pump and dump shapes in its charts. Im Looking for established Alts that have real world usages in the top 200 of coinmarketcap.

Generally real world usages Alts are mostly cloned into several different Alts claiming to be better, cheaper, faster etc.

Which Alts are unique, established, has a committing team behind it to see it into the future and will definitely survive in a long term bear market?

BCC is on top, without any real Usages. So your statement is false Smiley
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:54:36 PM

None of them actually do.
All of the altcoins came into the market talking about a specific purpose or usage in real life but they all end up in the same place.
They just exist to be traded and to be pumped and dumped from time to time. Nothing else.

The only altcoin that I can say has some importance is Ethereum. Its smart contracts system is useful and unique. I guess you already know that it's always used in creating tokens in ICOs. Its confirmation speed is quite good too. Some others force shops that accept crypto to accept them just because they're old enough (I'm referring to LTC in this case Cheesy ).
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:05:43 AM

None of them actually do.
All of the altcoins came into the market talking about a specific purpose or usage in real life but they all end up in the same place.
They just exist to be traded and to be pumped and dumped from time to time. Nothing else.

The only altcoin that I can say has some importance is Ethereum. Its smart contracts system is useful and unique. I guess you already know that it's always used in creating tokens in ICOs. Its confirmation speed is quite good too. Some others force shops that accept crypto to accept them just because they're old enough (I'm referring to LTC in this case Cheesy ).
Correct! no coins is exempted in pumping and dumping by investors and traders. Even bitcoin the best known coin got dumped and pumped.
Dumping and pumping cannot be avoided. When traders/investors don't feel their money is safe in the coin they will sell and buy when they feel it's safe they buy.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:08:34 AM

Omisego is a payment system

Tenx (pay) has crypto debit cards

Syscoin and bitbay are marketplaces

I’m sure there are a few but these are off the top of my head
Enk or Aege

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:14:24 AM

Maybe some simple statics will give some idea, so I suggest you to look by yourself, go https://www.tradingview.com/markets/cryptocurrencies/quotes-all/  select "performance" tab. So now you can compare coins according to their 1 week performance, 1 month performance, 3 months performance, 6 months performance, YTD performance and 1 year performance. Only some coins have stable, secure and strong performance together with high profit at each intervals.
Excluding 1 year performance, these can be named Bitcoin, Monero, Iota, Zcoin, Lisk, Neo, Groestlcoin, Ardor, Monacoin, Zencash and Dash.  Ethereum, Litecoin and Zcash are also strong coins but were not much profitable as above for the last 6 months.
CryptoCoinNews

Activity: 504
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:17:53 AM

bitcoin and ETH is same another coin can dump , can down and up price
if coin without up and down price this mean flat rate, can't trade, function only use digital payment same with USDT
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:31:54 AM

bitcoin and ETH is same another coin can dump , can down and up price
if coin without up and down price this mean flat rate, can't trade, function only use digital payment same with USDT

But the OP is asking about altcoins. ETH looks very promising with its smart contract features. And its quite fast, and its mainly offer as a ICO investment. But I'm sorry to tell you that all altcoins exist just to be pump & dump, including ETH. And for all the shitcoins, its evident that they are there for traders to make a lot of money just by applying p & d. That's why altcoin market is very volatile as compare to bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:10:27 AM

There are a several Alts with uses ... SIA and  Storj is decentralized file storage, Golem is a shared CPU network, Wings is a prediction market, Tether is a safe heaven, Salt is a loan platform, Civic is a indenity verification platform, etc. 

Not saying any of these are great investments, but they are platforms with a useful purpose that IMO have a better chance to last that some new coin that is trying to compete with Bitcoin as a straight up currency. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:50:58 AM

Ok any more Alt coins that can be added to the above responses?

Ok next stage is to cross examine these real world usage Alts:

Cross examination is: Is there already an established well known system in place that already does that real world usage so that Alt is not needed?

I understand paypal already exists and people say that makes bitcoin redundant however bitcoin is decentralised and paypal isnt hence bitcoin has a unique selling point otherwise there's no need for bitcoin.

Ok from the logic above which Alts mentioned in this thread passes the cross examination?

bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:56:42 AM

I got a new favorite coin that has an amazing usecase. The coin is called modum and they build a chip to track cooled transports. They already have over 30 active partnerships and one of the partnership ist the "Schweizer Post". They are going to reduce the transport costs for cooled stuff alot! You should have a look at it! modum.io
danmoris

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:11:58 AM

Ripple is used for exchanging one fiat currency to another, mostly used by banks. So this is an Alt that has real life usage.
BlockGemini

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 11:20:33 AM

Ripple would be most prominent, but first Banks all around the world need to realize the potential Smiley
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:21:06 AM

Usualy only top coins (ofcourse exapt bitcoin forks) have some real value, usualy they are backed by different strong projects or have sone unique usage. Once such coins are pumped this real value helps to correct the price without a strong dumps.

danmoris

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:28:47 AM

Ripple would transfer XRP from Bank A to Bank B (Banks that would adopt the technology) and then XRP will be converted to Fiat and the transfer would happen in shorter time than your usual bank transaction... That is what i meant, hence Real World usage!
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:04:53 PM

Tenx pays already integrated with master card, you can try to use dash to buy in some online stores right now, Omisego already accepted in thailand McDonald. That will be difficult to find the coin with actual use.
I think that the crypterium will be the next token that has a lot of the actual use.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:19:58 PM

Ethereum will probably be the most widely used crypto (after Bitcoin) in the upcoming years, just because of the sheer amount of ERC20 tokens in the top100 by market cap and the developer numbers that keep increasing daily. So if i were to pick an alt with real use, i guess the main pick would be pretty clear.

baam25

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:32:20 PM

As others have said that platform coins will be the best - look for coins that can have tokens on them like stratis and ethereum. Connector coins like Ark or Shift will be big as well.

Finally do your own research, that is the best way to learn. Good luck! It's an unpredictable market
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:52:21 PM

Theres nearly 1000 Alts.

Gonna be tedious and time consuming to research them one by one.

Hence why I am here in the forums for help  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: