Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:34:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DEA Seized Bitcoins In A Silk Road Drug Raid  (Read 7464 times)
tclo (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:11:08 PM

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/27/the-dea-seized-bitcoins-in-a-silk-road-drug-raid/
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:15:30 PM

Yeah, you are quite late to the party. It was posted a few days ago and discussed.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
tclo (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:47:31 PM

Ok thanks. I was confused why I didn't see a thread about it on the first page.  I guess the mainstream media is just reporting it late and I need to check here more for my timely bitcoin news.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:48:06 PM

11BTC big deal. Must be linked to the Mexican cartel.  Roll Eyes
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:50:44 PM

wonder if the coins will be in a gov auction...  lol

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:52:51 PM

Note the part in that article where he freely gave his home address away while using his SR Vendor account to buy himself drugs. Surprised they gave him bail, guess he's only facing minor charges
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 05:19:57 PM

Note the part in that article where he freely gave his home address away while using his SR Vendor account to buy himself drugs. Surprised they gave him bail, guess he's only facing minor charges

Did he flip?

If;
1ETDwGUC1Q was his address, and the DEA took his 11.02 BTC here, then WTF is happening here?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:45:28 PM

Not creating a buyers account & not setting up a auxiliary drop box is a result of pure laziness.

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:06:32 AM

This will continue to happen if people are careless, and stupid. 

A couple months ago someone wanting to buy BTC with cash contacted me through localbitcoins and I googled their username, naturally, which turned out to be the same username they were using on the SR forums talking about their business endeavors. 

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:16:07 AM

This will continue to happen if people are careless, and stupid. 

A couple months ago someone wanting to buy BTC with cash contacted me through localbitcoins and I googled their username, naturally, which turned out to be the same username they were using on the SR forums talking about their business endeavors. 

lol - You're the Lead Core Bitcoin Developer. It took me a minute to get it. You should put Jacketed Lead Core Bitcoin Developer.

On topic: That's pretty stupid. Why wouldn't they always use different names? That's the kind of person that gets busted.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:09:22 AM

How the hell they could have seized bitcoins Huh

legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:38:40 AM

The point of this is, even the DEA is forced to accept Bitcoins value.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:43:30 AM

Did he flip?

If;
1ETDwGUC1Q was his address, and the DEA took his 11.02 BTC here, then WTF is happening here?
Whoa, whoa, whoa -- what the Hell IS happening there?

The DEA has a coin vault? Or they actually just outright sold the coins? Are they actually already engaging in entrapment on SR?
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:48:14 AM

Did he flip?

If;

i guess if i was the DEA i'd be buying drugs on SR to try and get people for more BTC

i don't know if that's how it works but i imagine they do whatever they want and ask for permission later

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:55:53 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 05:08:24 AM by QuestionAuthority

Did he flip?

If;

The DEA has a coin vault? Or they actually just outright sold the coins? Are they actually already engaging in entrapment on SR?

Oh come on dude, you know the DEA has to have a honeypot set up at SR. It's perfect for them like an "all you can eat buffet" is perfect for a fat bitch. What a great lazy way to bust people. Sell some fake dope, ship a package, track the shipment, pounce, eat donuts to celebrate.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:03:48 AM

Did he flip?

If;

Oh come on dude, you know the DEA has to have a honeypot set up at SR. It's perfect for them like an "all you can buffet" is perfect for a fat bitch. What a great lazy way to bust people. Sell some fake dope, ship a package, track the shipment, pounce, eat donuts to celebrate.

Since when do they bother trying to catch end-users of drugs? On SR, the buyers shouldn't have any useful info on sellers, so Idunno how the DEA could justify spending time there. The DEA might be able to find which post offices the biggest sellers are using, but so what?

Selling on SR is pretty close to the perfect crime... right up until you confess by giving away info.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:07:37 AM

Did he flip?

If;

Oh come on dude, you know the DEA has to have a honeypot set up at SR. It's perfect for them like an "all you can buffet" is perfect for a fat bitch. What a great lazy way to bust people. Sell some fake dope, ship a package, track the shipment, pounce, eat donuts to celebrate.

Since when do they bother trying to catch end-users of drugs? On SR, the buyers shouldn't have any useful info on sellers, so Idunno how the DEA could justify spending time there. The DEA might be able to find which post offices the biggest sellers are using, but so what?

Selling on SR is pretty close to the perfect crime... right up until you confess by giving away info.

Because they are lazy pieces of crap that want to tally up convictions to look good/justify their jobs.

solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:49:58 AM

Did he flip?

If;

Because they are lazy pieces of crap that want to tally up convictions to look good/justify their jobs.

Yes, please tell us about your experience with working for the DEA.

Because it sounds to me that you're making a bunch of assumptions based off movies you've seen about how they go about their jobs.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:25:35 AM

Did he flip?

If;

Yes, please tell us about your experience with working for the DEA.

Because it sounds to me that you're making a bunch of assumptions based off movies you've seen about how they go about their jobs.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Truck-owner-wants-DEA-to-pay-up-after-botched-3743683.php
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/daniel-chong-ucsd-san-diego-dea-149758275.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrHecD8JhfY
http://www.amazon.com/Solemnly-Swear-Conmen-DEA-Media/dp/0595660843
http://www.naturalnews.com/036236_DEA_raids_mistakes.html
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/mar/29/dea_targets_fedex_ups_online_pha
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/06/1191977/-Former-Head-of-DEA-DHS-defends-inability-to-tell-toilet-paper-from-shower-curtains

Need more? There's plenty if you do. LOL

bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:02:59 PM

its only a matter of time before the IRS and other nosey american scam artists get involved. if they arent getting a piece of the drug trade or flow of cash then they are goning to do something about it!

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: