Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin used to finance ISIS. Governments to step in  (Read 826 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:26:47 AM

I don't support North Koreas nuclear war program in any way.

Once again you are contradiction yourself - or simply lying.

Earlier today you wrote explicitly:

I don't mind if NK would help to sustain the Bitcoin Network.

Doesn't contradict, because everybody can mine and use Bitcoin. That's one of the magic features of Bitcoin. One day you will understand that....

Wrong. It is a simple code change to ensure only approved miners can contribute, and thereby eliminate the possibility for criminals (and unstable governments building more nuclear weapons) to monetize it.

Go on and build an Altcoin that does exactly that. Then you form a comitee, that decides which countries will be banned. Great idea. Start programming and open your own forum for that, because Bitcoin is different.

You can call it 'Bancoin. The coin NOT for everyone!'

Well - that is exactly what you will be asked to build if the governments are not to shut you down. And with key people in Bitcoin having fortunes tied up in it, there will be a majority to go down that path when the day comes.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:30:47 AM

I don't support North Koreas nuclear war program in any way.

Once again you are contradiction yourself - or simply lying.

Earlier today you wrote explicitly:

I don't mind if NK would help to sustain the Bitcoin Network.

Doesn't contradict, because everybody can mine and use Bitcoin. That's one of the magic features of Bitcoin. One day you will understand that....

Wrong. It is a simple code change to ensure only approved miners can contribute, and thereby eliminate the possibility for criminals (and unstable governments building more nuclear weapons) to monetize it.

Go on and build an Altcoin that does exactly that. Then you form a comitee, that decides which countries will be banned. Great idea. Start programming and open your own forum for that, because Bitcoin is different.

You can call it 'Bancoin. The coin NOT for everyone!'

Well - that is exactly what you will be asked to build if the governments are not to shut you down. And with key people in Bitcoin having fortunes tied up in it, there will be a majority to go down that path when the day comes.

Oh my ... you actually don't understand Bitcoin a bit ....
How can you discuss things, that are completely out of your range?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:36:21 AM

I am not happy if the government allows ISIS entry in the crypto world, will have an impact on bitcoin.

Xianantung

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:41:39 AM

I am not happy if the government allows ISIS entry in the crypto world, will have an impact on bitcoin.

I thought most of the IS is supported by some rich Arabs, they do not use the Bitcoin.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:43:01 AM

I thought most of the IS is supported by some rich Arabs, they do not use the Bitcoin.

ISIS uses FIAT money like USD EUR and such.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

The key value proposition of Bitcoin is becoming clearer.

ISIS, and similar groups, are using it to fund their activities.

This is one of the key reasons why governments will step in and force regulation on Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cfr.org/article/bitcoin-bombs

I guess in deep web it is obviously use i guess bitcoin is really versatile where it can be use by anybody in that way everybody can use bitcoin even if it is illegal be cause bitcon is a decentralized thing or platform where the community is the one who control the bitcoin market value ofcourse still depends n demand and supply.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:50:42 AM

ISIS uses FIAT money like USD EUR and such.

Once more you are off the mark: https://www.cfr.org/article/bitcoin-bombs
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:00:07 AM

Seeing those arguments above. All I can say this is a forum and people do have the freedom to express their views and perceptions about bitcoin but yet op would really expect that lots would really oppose since we are on bitcoin forum then expect there would really be more supporters than on haters . I know that Bitcoin users are always aware on these kind of situation on where bitcoin can really be used on these things. Sad reality but we should get used to it since no one can stop people on using it on funding people.

True - but you should be aware that governments will step in and impose regulation, and that will have a significant impact on the valuation of Bitcoin

That's not necessarily true. Countries like Japan and the US already have existing regulations and those didn't have a significant impact. Granted, regulations have to be fair to avoid stifling growth. China's unfair and arbitrary exchange ban didn't do Bitcoin's value much good, but Bitcoin survived that and got stronger than ever. Japan's regulation accepted Bitcoin as a legal means of payment, and a large majority of Japanese people have heard of and are open to Bitcoin as a result. Fact of the matter is, regulation isn't always bad.

ColdZerk

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:03:54 AM

Maybe you wanted to say "Crypto" instead of "Bitcoin"? If ISIS is not total fools - they will use another crypto with high anonimity like Monero or other ones.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:12:23 AM

Seeing those arguments above. All I can say this is a forum and people do have the freedom to express their views and perceptions about bitcoin but yet op would really expect that lots would really oppose since we are on bitcoin forum then expect there would really be more supporters than on haters . I know that Bitcoin users are always aware on these kind of situation on where bitcoin can really be used on these things. Sad reality but we should get used to it since no one can stop people on using it on funding people.

True - but you should be aware that governments will step in and impose regulation, and that will have a significant impact on the valuation of Bitcoin
If these situation would come to a point where it would be severe then its possible that government would really took serious action on this one but I would say no matter how hard they do try those transactions cant be stopped since bitcoin can be used underground away from those governments eyes which means it would be senseless. They can impose laws and would make some limitations but they cant able to immobilize it for sure. This is the perfect tool for funding those terrorist and no matter how you yell and scream out these facts nothing would be changed.

rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:19:26 AM

I saw freightjoe's Post History. I'll also ask the same question. Why the hell you are here freightjoe? You are just creating a lot of FUD threads which i see you cannot support or defend, you'll just end up using sarcastic tone on your sentences, you don't love Bitcoin and yet you are a member here. ah right, I forgot that you are obviously trolling.

Bitcoin will be bad if it will be used on bad thing. Just like any other thing, You can use a pen to write and also use it as a weapon for it's sharp end, Simple logic right!?. It's the same way how Bitcoin are used on terrorism or for whatever it's supporting illegal activities doesn't generalize that Bitcoin is a bad thing. Get it!?. That's my point. Get out of here FreightJoe FUD-Troll.

Maybe you wanted to say "Crypto" instead of "Bitcoin"? If ISIS is not total fools - they will use another crypto with high anonimity like Monero or other ones.
Exactly. He doesn't even know how to search articles on google, He is just selecting articles that best described Bitcoin as a bad thing.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:36:54 AM

Hey,

You again! After North Korea, you are bringing ISIS? Actually I could make a copy/paste of my answer about NK...

Bitcoin is not good or bad in itself. Some people are using it to sell drugs or fake watches, others try to brng up diruptive business models. The bitcoin in itself is merely a mean...

On top of that, do you really know what fund ISIS? Oil. The oil bought by the US (among others) to Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is a kingdom and the heirs are all trying to gain some power (which is not that easy, the family is very large). Some of them think that supporting ISIS is a good way of doing so.

So when you buy gas for your car, YOU are supporting ISIS. Or maybe, you cannot be held responsible for that?  Tongue

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:43:05 AM

Yes, all cryptocurrencies
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:44:46 AM

So when you buy gas for your car, YOU are supporting ISIS. Or maybe, you cannot be held responsible for that?  Tongue

Do your homework. This is why there is politcal pressure on rogue states - just as there will be immense pressure on Bitcoin
NightWatchHKG

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 09:45:11 AM

You might as well start a topic..... USD used to finance ISIS or EUR used to finance ISIS or anything else.  
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:46:44 AM

Why the hell you are here freightjoe? You are just creating a lot of FUD threads which i see you cannot support or defend

Sorry to say, but all my points have been on the mark, and no one in here have been able to disprove them. All you do in here is cry "FUD" which seemingly is the feeble hope you are clinging to in order not to realize the crash that is coming
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:52:44 AM

Why the hell you are here freightjoe? You are just creating a lot of FUD threads which i see you cannot support or defend

Sorry to say, but all my points have been on the mark, and no one in here have been able to disprove them. All you do in here is cry "FUD" which seemingly is the feeble hope you are clinging to in order not to realize the crash that is coming

Its not our job to disprove anything, and its not possible to do it. Disprove that Santa is real.. It can't be done. You are making the claim, you have to prove it
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:55:15 AM

Its not our job to disprove anything, and its not possible to do it. Disprove that Santa is real.. It can't be done. You are making the claim, you have to prove it

I have merely pointed out very real and very factual issues with Bitcoin that will have a significant impact on the valuation of the coin. All those issues are shown to be real - no-one in here have been able to logically argue against them. Which is why I see the desparation growing with people in here as the realization is slowly coming that this cannot end well unless you get out
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:29:23 AM

No. You are missing it and you are messing with this forum. All you do in here is cry " BITCOIN IS BAD, BITCOIN IS EVIL, BITCOIN IS NOT REAL" when this forum is all Bitcoin, If you hate bitcoin leave and stop spamming the thread with your useless argument, with that level of understanding you got? you think you can sway away people here? I don't think so. Not that easy.

You think FIAT is not used on financing ISIS? Guess what! IT DID!, oh no, but hey GUESS WHAT AGAIN... YOU CREATED A THREAD SAYING BITCOIN=FIAT!. Ow woahh! Should I listen to you again? NO. Should I waste my time to a senseless person like you? NO.
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:15:26 PM

That's all he is...shill and FUDster. People are cashing out as they see fit for their situation and enjoying their profits. He's stuck trying every angle he can find, which has to be quite limited time that he supposedly has. lol

He clearly has no understanding of how the treasury departments of the nations fighting terrorism work.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: