Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Gold Coin - Stronger, Faster, Tyrant Free - July 4, 2013 Independence Day  (Read 5413 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gldcoin (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:54:43 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 02:54:31 AM by gldcoin

nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:03:54 PM

why is gold coin such a great coin name?  Thats all I hear about.  When I hear gold coin I think of...wait for it... a physical GOLD COIN!  What people would relate the name gold coin to some form of digital currency?   If some merchant asked me to pay for something with goldcoins I'd hope they were selling something damn expensive to want a piece of gold in return.  Whats that? They want 250 gold coins?!  Holy shit!

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:08:39 PM

why is gold coin such a great coin name?  Thats all I hear about.  When I hear gold coin I think of...wait for it... a physical GOLD COIN!  What people would relate the name gold coin to some form of digital currency?   If some merchant asked me to pay for something with goldcoins I'd hope they were selling something damn expensive to want a piece of gold in return.  Whats that? They want 250 gold coins?!  Holy shit!
Its a good as name as any...

Agreed, but its also been the focal point of the previous coins entire marketing/spam strategy. As if it was the best thing the coin had going for it, and would be the sole reason it would be the greatest coin ever!  Perhaps it'll be different with your new release.  I guess we'll see Smiley

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:30:58 PM

To be honest to have 2 Goldcoins is never going to work. Only way to make Goldcoin the best coin is to work together. 
Honestly in the past weeks what happened.
I'll rather support this one  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

so if you created it, how can he "kick" you off his dev team, I'm just confused...we have gld coin, we don't need another one.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:37:57 PM

so if you created it, how can he "kick" you off his dev team, I'm just confused...we have gld coin, we don't need another one.
Gld coin which has unlimited amount of coins?

This might be the right way to go. Hopefully no 938935 coin premine again  Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:17:11 PM

Nice coin man. Love the reasonable block reward. anything over 50 is stupid. I'd like to see a block time around 40 seconds. And maybe a diff that adjusts every block, that way, you'll get around the early insta mine, but still be able to mine the genesis block quicker.
Oh, and very awesome avatar.
Fuck you, Microguy.

B. Tazed

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:28:12 PM

More junk, same name as failed coin, better coins already out there... Self moderated post, tells all. Pass
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:37:56 PM

More junk, same name as failed coin, better coins already out there... Self moderated post, tells all. Pass

Normally, I'm against self moderated forums threads, but with fanatic lunatics like Just_Me and MicroGuy, supporting the original (stolen) GoldCoin, I can't say I blame the guy

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:45:25 PM

and the fail train keeps on a rollin...

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:35:46 PM

Normally, I'm against self moderated forums threads, but with fanatic lunatics like Just_Me and MicroGuy, supporting the original (stolen) GoldCoin, I can't say I blame the guy
Well for once I agree with you and gldcoin Smiley

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:59:37 PM

Now, in recent months what you have is a delusional (to put it nicely) tyrant running this coin - AKA Microguy.  The former "Bitcoin Ranger".

In recent days he has kicked me (hyoshi - that's right) off of "his" development team, banned people from his forum, and generally things this coin is his baby, and that hes the king of GLD - again thats GLD, not Gold.

No one person should run a coin - he bans people from his gldtalk.org forum because they question him, he moderates our posts and deletes them if he doesn't like them

But he's right - Gold Coin is a great coin name - too bad though that your coin is GLDCoin.

What? You're saying microguy is a nutcase control freak, using you all for his own ends?Huh Seriously I would have never guessed FROM DAY FRIGGIN ONE!!!!!!!!

god damn you guys are slow
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:07:12 PM

This is all just getting silly.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:27:17 PM

Glad I got rid of my phony Gold Coins. Or is it GLD Coins? Cheesy
I still have my actual gold coins safely tucked away. I have more faith in them than in this crock of shit. Smiley
tinus42

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:48:37 PM

I still have my actual gold coins safely tucked away. I have more faith in them than in this crock of shit. Smiley
Dump the actual gold coins buddy.  I have a short position in Gold Futures, and don't expect to loose.  Gold is on its way back down to sub $700

Correction: paper gold is on its way down to sub $700. Which incidentily has the ticker symbol GLD. Cheesy

The real stuff will never be sold for that amount. It costs $1200/ounce to dig gold out of the ground, why would a miner sell at a loss?

Comex and LBMA are soon going to have empty warehouses. The Chinese and Indians are laughing all the way to the coin shop.

These people are not rioting, they are lining up to buy gold!  Grin

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-14/stunning-images-china-ten-thousand-people-waiting-line-buy-gold
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:05:23 AM

Yes, well, I guess it just got too complicated ! Maybe you were right Hydro (just not polite enough for my taste)

I really don't want to be involved in this psyco game any more !
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:14:38 AM

I got fed up with microguy when he started getting rude with me in pms, and started editing my posts on gldtalk.org to suit his agenda. he needs to quit acting so crazy. some times i think he's on crack. no one gives a shit about cusswords, so just get off your high horse already microguy. i liked you at first but now i cant stand you. i give you useful idea after useful idea, and you snub your nose.  i back up hyoshi and say how great of a job he was doing to fix gld and you say "he really hasn't done anything". you say that he wasn't the dev of gldcoin, when anyone with a brain could see he was the only one doing any work on the coin. i'm sorry but you need to learn how to treat people with respect. we can let your insane persona go but the disrespect is what sinks you.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:28:06 AM

guys remember microguy got scammed for 3 btc and over 500k gldcoins by kr4x  Cool
r3wt

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:31:36 AM

guys remember microguy got scammed for 3 btc and over 500k gldcoins by kr4x  Cool

then microguy hired r3wt to take out credit cards in kr4x's legal name...  Roll Eyes

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
dubs

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:32:17 AM

then microguy hired r3wt to take out credit cards in kr4x's legal name...  Roll Eyes

proof or bullshit
r3wt

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:35:29 AM

proof or bullshit

haha, that got your attention bro. bullshit. truce?

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:36:19 AM

Public forums, brother. Stealing imaginary internet money is one thing, but identity theft, that's a major felony.

r3wt

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:39:24 AM

then microguy hired r3wt to take out credit cards in kr4x's legal name...  Roll Eyes
Public forums, brother. Stealing imaginary internet money is one thing, but identity theft, that's a major felony.

your face is a felony. i charge it with disturbing the peace and hereby sentence you to death.

dubs

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:39:35 AM

nigga my name has 78 characters
r3wt

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:40:52 AM

nigga my name has 78 characters

hmmm.... so you name is

fatslutmomhavinassbitchniggamotherfuckinass hoe williams jr?

Mr.V

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:51:52 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 02:22:23 AM by Mr.V

Hey bro's I just sent a msg to GLDguy suggesting that the coin should look like? or make suggestion below of what you think would be optimal. Also I think a different name would suit it better a coin Name: NetGold or NGD, to delineate it from actual physical gold. Anyway here was my suggestion

Name: NetGold
Algo: POW/POS, Similar to Novacoin
Block Speed: 1min, currently the fastest speed: mining efficiency ratio
Retarget time: 500-700 blocks, To prevent Flash mining from coin hoppers
Block Reward: Random 15-30, Like ARG to Discourage Flash mining profit calculation
Total Coins: 500 Million
After all coins are minted: Increased coin 1%-2%/year

Do you guys think this would be a good looking coin? Let gldguy know I'm sure he'd be very open minded

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
dubs

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:06:47 AM

Hey bro's I just sent a msg to GLDguy suggesting that the coin should look like? or make suggestion below of what you think would be optimal. Also I think a different name would suit it better a coin Name: MicroGold or MGD, to delineate it from actual physical gold. Anyway here was my suggestion

Name: MicroGold
Algo: POW/POS, Similar to Novacoin
Block Speed: 1min, currently the fastest speed: mining efficiency ratio
Retarget time: 500-700 blocks, To prevent Flash mining from coin hoppers
Block Reward: Random 15-30, Like ARG to Discourage Flash mining profit calculation
Total Coins: 500 Million
After all coins are minted: Increased coin 1%-2%/year

Do you guys think this would be a good looking coin? Let gldguy know I'm sure he'd be very open minded

fuck off microguy
GSnak

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:07:33 AM

What's this all about?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:12:42 AM

i've said it to microguy before, but i must say it again;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y3FzVQi-R8
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:13:39 AM

Is the ridiculous 10,000 coin per block reward for the first 200 blocks being removed in the new version?

If not, still garbage
dubs

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:16:10 AM

Fuck you prick... how about NetGold for the name then asswhole something different.I realize thts Micro is in microguys name but I only suggested some thing different to separate itself.

you butthurt?
Mr.V

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:17:30 AM

Is the ridiculous 10,000 coin per block reward for the first 200 blocks being removed in the new version?

If not, still garbage

Fenican check the 1st page he's totally revamping the whole coin and making it fair.. Above I just suggested what I think a good coin would look like to see if ppl would like that kind of coin. What do you think of it?

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:36:08 AM

I dont know about this. First off, Gld_v.1 came and was going til microguy came and he has tried with every mpeg on youtube to lift it from the bowels of cryptsy. He paid miners, etc.. Now, a whole new Gld, Gld_v.2 comes along, correcting old mistakes but not really significantly better in that it's not bringing anything new to the table other than a name. So if it's mostly about the name Gld_v.2, and a reworked block size........
r3wt

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:36:46 AM

Fuck you prick... how about NetGold for the name then asswhole something different.I realize thts Micro is in microguys name but I only suggested some thing different to separate itself.

you butthurt?

I don't like to be compared to crazy cooks, when I'm merely trying to gauge what the community would like to see in the new gold coin...Why don't you try and make productive suggestions instead of making useless comments

you gonna give me some of your old gld's then?

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:39:16 AM

That bitcoin ranger dude is one weird, fuckin creepy old man

dubs

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:41:46 AM

That bitcoin ranger dude is one weird, fuckin creepy old man

be nice he is my fucking grandpa!
Mr.V

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:43:40 AM

you butthurt?

I don't like to be compared to crazy cooks, when I'm merely trying to gauge what the community would like to see in the new gold coin...Why don't you try and make productive suggestions instead of making useless comments

you gonna give me some of your old gld's then?
I don't own any because its worthless trash

coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:45:11 AM

just getting silly

just getting

What was it before?

Wink

(or do you mean it's coming down from crazy to silly?)
r3wt

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:44:35 AM

Dump the actual gold coins buddy.  I have a short position in Gold Futures, and don't expect to loose.  Gold is on its way back down to sub $700

Correction: paper gold is on its way down to sub $700. Which incidentily has the ticker symbol GLD. Cheesy

The real stuff will never be sold for that amount. It costs $1200/ounce to dig gold out of the ground, why would a miner sell at a loss?

Comex and LBMA are soon going to have empty warehouses. The Chinese and Indians are laughing all the way to the coin shop.

These people are not rioting, they are lining up to buy gold!  Grin

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-14/stunning-images-china-ten-thousand-people-waiting-line-buy-gold
Gold futures dictate gold value... Trust me on that fact buddy.  If I wanted to, I can take possession of gold at futures contract expiration at the expiration price.

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/precious/gold.html

Gold is on its way down, down, down.  I know know not one person long gold.  Anyone buying gold at this point is retail, or chasing.  Paper (meaning hedge funds, institutions etc) are all short gold.

loan me 50k GLD's.

Mr.V

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:24:16 AM

I dont know about this. First off, Gld_v.1 came and was going til microguy came and he has tried with every mpeg on youtube to lift it from the bowels of cryptsy. He paid miners, etc.. Now, a whole new Gld, Gld_v.2 comes along, correcting old mistakes but not really significantly better in that it's not bringing anything new to the table other than a name. So if it's mostly about the name Gld_v.2, and a reworked block size........

There a ton of stuff different...
gldguy did you already set the parameters?

darkproton

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:39:46 AM

ok...so the tons of changes are...
Gold Coin
changed from Gold coin to Gold coin
Release Date: July 4th, 2013 12AM CST (The day Gold will be freed from its tyrannical leaders)
released about 60 days ago
Block time: Between 30 seconds and 2.5 minutes - Enough to minimize bloat and orphans
GLD_v.1 is 2.5 minutes
Number of coins: 76 million to commemorate the Independence of the USA in 1776
GLD_v.1 is a gazillion
Block Reward: Between 25 and 50, 1/2'd over time - depends on the block time
ok, difference here, for GLD_v.1 is a gazillion
Difficulty Re-target: Not Finalized, but optimized for today's coinchoose.com profitability based mining.  Want this coin to be fork free, and not susceptible to what some think are "attacks"
not finalized....
Starting Difficulty: Possibly 1 - though may have to use a system as was done with Nibble - have been trying to mine the genesis block for a few days now.
not finalized....
Client Sync Issues: None, all parameters, magic #'s, Signing Key, etc will be modified.
Pre-mine: 1 block of whatever the reward is (max of 50 coins) just to get things underway - This is a community coin - the community can fund giveaways, and bounties
no premine.

I see not much difference. Not trying to bust balls. I know you like the name and hate microguy. Doesn't mean people should like this coin.
Besides here's a direct quote from the gold coin thread on this site by gldcoin
---
Keep your heads cool folks,

Can't quite talk about it yet but we are going to have some fantastic changes in July Cool

Yeah the difference is GLDcoin was a pump and dump coin, which is now run by a lunatic tyrant.  I made $3800 in the first few days, bought all those coins back for under $1000, and now have double the coins I had originally.

Its my coin.  I released it.  I have 3 million GLD now - soon to be 0.  GLD has been corrupted.  GLD was never intended for 1 person to run it.

I created both coins, and Gold Coin will be run by the community, and Gold Coin will be free from lunatics.

Where is your "pumping" - didn't you tell me it was you and Fontas who pumped LTC?  I call bullshit.
---
How the F*&* did a coin you created and call a pump and dump get corrupted by someone else? How was a pump and dump not a corruption in the first place?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 06:00:12 AM

Gold Coin
Release Date: July 4th, 2013 12AM CST (The day Gold will be freed from its tyrannical leaders)
Block time: Between 30 seconds and 2.5 minutes - Enough to minimize bloat and orphans
GLD_v.1 is 2.5 minutes
GLD_v.1 is a gazillion
Difficulty Re-target: Not Finalized, but optimized for today's coinchoose.com profitability based mining.  Want this coin to be fork free, and not susceptible to what some think are "attacks"
not finalized....
Starting Difficulty: Possibly 1 - though may have to use a system as was done with Nibble - have been trying to mine the genesis block for a few days now.
not finalized....
Client Sync Issues: None, all parameters, magic #'s, Signing Key, etc will be modified.
Pre-mine: 1 block of whatever the reward is (max of 50 coins) just to get things underway - This is a community coin - the community can fund giveaways, and bounties
no premine.

I see not much difference. Not trying to bust balls. I know you like the name and hate microguy. Doesn't mean people should like this coin.
---

Can't quite talk about it yet but we are going to have some fantastic changes in July Cool

Yeah the difference is GLDcoin was a pump and dump coin, which is now run by a lunatic tyrant.  I made $3800 in the first few days, bought all those coins back for under $1000, and now have double the coins I had originally.

Its my coin.  I released it.  I have 3 million GLD now - soon to be 0.  GLD has been corrupted.  GLD was never intended for 1 person to run it.

I created both coins, and Gold Coin will be run by the community, and Gold Coin will be free from lunatics.

Where is your "pumping" - didn't you tell me it was you and Fontas who pumped LTC?  I call bullshit.
---
How the F*&* did a coin you created and call a pump and dump get corrupted by someone else? How was a pump and dump not a corruption in the first place?

Go support MEC and stop your nonsense. Obvisouly you don't know what happened, you weren't there.
Why not enjoy the soon to be released coin and relax.
If this was released by another user you wouldn't complain as much.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mr.V

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:06:48 AM

I hope he includes POS in this coin

darkproton

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:08:44 AM

Gold Coin
GLD_v.1 is 2.5 minutes
GLD_v.1 is a gazillion
not finalized....
not finalized....
no premine.

---

---

Go support MEC and stop your nonsense. Obvisouly you don't know what happened, you weren't there.
Why not enjoy the soon to be released coin and relax.
If this was released by another user you wouldn't complain as much.
Awesome explanation!!! Very informative.I'm not complaining, asking how it's different. --crickets...crickets--. Anyway,  I don't know who this guy is and don't care. You can trust the dev who created this sh!tshow with his own admission of a pump and dump. But to each their own. I used to wonder why Hydroponica would get worked up over GLD.....I am starting to understand.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 06:22:48 AM

Nice coin man. Love the reasonable block reward. anything over 50 is stupid. I'd like to see a block time around 40 seconds. And maybe a diff that adjusts every block, that way, you'll get around the early insta mine, but still be able to mine the genesis block quicker.
Oh, and very awesome avatar.
Fuck you, Microguy.
@post above
How it's different? Just read the damn post, everything is different.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
B. Tazed

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:24:57 AM

Coin is dead before its released .... next!
Mr.V

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:16:44 PM

well I would like to see the block speed some where between 40-60sec's because so far from what we have seen its the most efficient when mining. I like the Random block rewards that was incorporated by ARG, except I think that the reward should have a greater difference to make it harder for flash miners to rape this coin. For example, a random block reward of 10 to 30 coins would make it hard to calculate profitability which is a good idea for long term perspective

tinus42

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:28:00 PM

Gold futures dictate gold value... Trust me on that fact buddy.  If I wanted to, I can take possession of gold at futures contract expiration at the expiration price.

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/precious/gold.html

Gold is on its way down, down, down.  I know know not one person long gold.  Anyone buying gold at this point is retail, or chasing.  Paper (meaning hedge funds, institutions etc) are all short gold.

You can keep you fucking paper Gold(man Sachs) shorts. You won't get me to sell my gold at your naked short selled price. I rather take them in my grave when I die before I consider selling them. You should let the price of Goldcoin be set by phony naked short futures. Jamie and Lloyd will love you. Maybe they will get Barry to pass legislation to ban Bitcoin and make Goldcoin the only accepted (manipulative) cryptocurrency.  Cheesy
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 09:55:08 PM

You have created GLD and you have started it but you dont have control about a currency. The Code of GLD is open source like bitcoin and the others. There are now good supporters and the community grow slowly but grow and you want to control back the coin Huh Please bring not another Gold Coin out there ! We have the first already and the community is growing and try to improve the code and the services for that coin. Now the network problems are fixed almost and the wallet and mining runs smoothly, so please give your ideas and your work into GLD and dont create a new Coin with the same name. The code is open source and everyone can support the coin who wants and bring services for GLD. So if you have better idea, then improve the coin and help and dont create another Coin with same Code and same Functions. GLD has no Boss anymore and thats fine, but the community grows and meet together.
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

You have created GLD and you have started it but you dont have control about a currency. The Code of GLD is open source like bitcoin and the others. There are now good supporters and the community grow slowly but grow and you want to control back the coin Huh Please bring not another Gold Coin out there ! We have the first already and the community is growing and try to improve the code and the services for that coin. Now the network problems are fixed almost and the wallet and mining runs smoothly, so please give your ideas and your work into GLD and dont create a new Coin with the same name. The code is open source and everyone can support the coin who wants and bring services for GLD. So if you have better idea, then improve the coin and help and dont create another Coin with same Code and same Functions. GLD has no Boss anymore and thats fine, but the community grows and meet together.

That's very idealistic but the only way to change things you don't like about an open source project managed by someone else is to fork and compete.

Fighting over the name is a bit rough.
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 11:02:07 PM

Exactly - no one should have control over a crypto currency.

The coin is garbage.  I said so within 1 week. LMAO.

GLD has a boss - and his a signing, drunken, delusional, and unstable man named "microguy"

You say community, I say cult.

As far as the name - the name is GLDCoin - I released it.  It was originally to be called Guild Coin.

Do yourself a favor, keep your GLD, hope its worth more than lint someday, and mine a real coin, with no master, no boss, and no limit.

Gold Coin will be a 360 from Guild Coin (GLDCoin)

He is not the boss ... Nobody is here the boss. We the community represent the coin and make it grow naturally. If you bring a good idea to the fork then I think micro guy will let it in the source. That what I see is that micro guy and some other started to support this coin and thats fine.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:30:55 AM

Exactly - no one should have control over a crypto currency.

The coin is garbage.  I said so within 1 week. LMAO.

GLD has a boss - and his a signing, drunken, delusional, and unstable man named "microguy"

You say community, I say cult.

As far as the name - the name is GLDCoin - I released it.  It was originally to be called Guild Coin.

Do yourself a favor, keep your GLD, hope its worth more than lint someday, and mine a real coin, with no master, no boss, and no limit.

Gold Coin will be a 360 from Guild Coin (GLDCoin)

He is not the boss ... Nobody is here the boss. We the community represent the coin and make it grow naturally. If you bring a good idea to the fork then I think micro guy will let it in the source. That what I see is that micro guy and some other started to support this coin and thats fine.
Controling everyone and everything while taking some crack and a bit of kool-aid?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:34:14 AM

Tyrant Free?

Hello whats up with the founder of GLD ? He was kicked by you ? Whats up with the future of GLD ?

Great question!  Grin

The last dev sold us the GLD domain for 1BTC because he did not have enough time to work on the project. He was not "kicked".

Then he was paid another 1BTC under the alias of Hyoshi for doing dev work for the community. Of course at the time we did not know that these two people were in fact a single individual using (at minimum) triple identities. Basically he was getting paid left and right while operating under different assumed names. Then while using this Hyoshi alias (he's also apparently thekidcoin) he again indicated in a public post that he didn't have time to to work on the project:

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=63.msg923#msg923

It was after that statement that we realized for sure we needed to secure additional developers if we wanted a stable and reliable team. The good news is I now believe to know the real life identity of this individual who is being sought by other interested parties. I am currently refusing to participate in the prosecution of this individual but must admit my patience is wearing thin.

We have now assembled a solid reliable dev team of three professionals led my akumaburn and will be releasing a fork soon. The fork will fix several bugs including the litecoin alert, the client sync issue, and the coin generation bug. The fix will also reduce annual coin output and cap supply.

You can read more about the upcoming update here: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=157.0

Rest assured we are working day and night for the betterment of this coin. Thank you and I hope this helps answer your questions.

Stouse49

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:16:26 AM

I agree with this post:

I can't necessarily agree with this other post.  Maybe I am biased, maybe its because I live in the liberal state of California, but in the professional environments that I work in, no one uses fowl language.  No one ever says [LANGUAGE], [LANGUAGE] or [LANGUAGE].  Although once the vice president said [LANGUAGE] in a meeting, and we were all like "what the [LANGUAGE], we don't speak like that to each other here."

no one gives a [LANGUAGE] about cusswords, so just get off your high horse already...

[sarcasm]
Ultimately many of the alt coins are bitcoin redistribution schemes where the exchanges get a percentage for transferring bitcoins from one account to the other.  We could all save many megawatt hours by simply transferring bitcoins directly to each other using our own wallets.  My bitcoin address is below.  Thanks.
[/sarcasm]

BTC:
r3wt

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:03:29 AM

I agree with this post:

I can't necessarily agree with this other post.  Maybe I am biased, maybe its because I live in the liberal state of California, but in the professional environments that I work in, no one uses fowl language.  No one ever says [LANGUAGE], [LANGUAGE] or [LANGUAGE].  Although once the vice president said [LANGUAGE] in a meeting, and we were all like "what the [LANGUAGE], we don't speak like that to each other here."

no one gives a [LANGUAGE] about cusswords, so just get off your high horse already...

[sarcasm]
Ultimately many of the alt coins are bitcoin redistribution schemes where the exchanges get a percentage for transferring bitcoins from one account to the other.  We could all save many megawatt hours by simply transferring bitcoins directly to each other using our own wallets.  My bitcoin address is below.  Thanks.
[/sarcasm]

well, with all due respect your argument is not only ridiculous, but its invalid. this isn't a professional environment, i'm not getting paid for this shit, and microguy is out of control and running the coin into the FUCKING ground. if you gave a shit about the coin maybe you'd speak up to. until you all can stop drinking the koolaide and kissing microguys ass, i'm washing my hands of all of you. if you were smart you'd try to talk some sense into that crackhead motherfucker. he acts rude as fuck in pms and on the board and its a big turnoff. and you motherfuckers wonder why gld is dying.

Stouse49

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:46:27 AM

well, with all due respect your argument is not only ridiculous, but its invalid.

To be clear, my post was filled with silliness, satire and sarcasm.  It was supposed to add some levity to the conversation.  Nevertheless, let's all make some money mining Bitcoins and Litecoins before the [LANGUAGE] difficulty goes up.

BTC:
r3wt

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:48:38 AM

well, with all due respect your argument is not only ridiculous, but its invalid.

To be clear, my post was filled with silliness, satire and sarcasm.  It was supposed to add some levity to the conversation.  Nevertheless, let's all make some money mining Bitcoins and Litecoins before the [LANGUAGE] difficulty goes up.

what da [LANGUAGE] are you talking about? sorry i called you a Mother[LANGUAGE]

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:18:45 AM

take your time dont rush it. If you wanted to use a POW/POS as a base go NVC If you are going for a low block reward use bitgem. It has a patched POS ROI for scare coins. Bitgem has a few nice adjustments but you really cant beat NVC.  If you dont know what your getting into dont use either. They have many quirks which must be ironed out to get the coin you want. Such as decreasing block reward and difficulty retargeting. Both are done in completely differant ways then bitcoin. They are not 3 lines code change coins.  PPC has the best difficulty retarget algo there is
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 07:45:58 AM

so i see other faster coins are moving back to standard to avoid orphans, eh wdc?

amirite?

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 08:20:54 PM

You know what scares me about the fast block times?  A super bloated blockchain

I also wonder as far as the max coins, whether more (or less) is better.
If you look at value, then if it's rare it's definently better..but there are other aspects to look at.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: