Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:17:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confido ICO Scam!  (Read 470 times)
ScammerExposer (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:45:58 AM

This is bad, but guys involve should speak out!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/confido-ico-raises-340k-vanishes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135920

aTriz time for you man to take a vacation!

You got paid right?
How much?
What else they used to contact you, their Skype, their ip?
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:03:20 AM

Yeah it's a scam. Looks like "Joost" or whoever was behind confido deposited all the funds into a id verified Bittrex account and they are being contacted to release the id of them.

You got paid right?
Yes I was paid, but I invested 80% of the funds I was paid in the ICO myself. They contacted me via telegram, but now it says "deleted account". Telegram is super safe so it is impossible to find their ip.

Sorry for being involved in this, I honestly never knew.

aristospetr

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:06:20 AM

A sad trend now, unfortunately...
Probably only high-quality audit and the publishing of audit reports can save ICO projects from the scum.
Ehrhc

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:19:42 PM

Yeah it's a scam. Looks like "Joost" or whoever was behind confido deposited all the funds into a id verified Bittrex account and they are being contacted to release the id of them.

You got paid right?
Yes I was paid, but I invested 80% of the funds I was paid in the ICO myself. They contacted me via telegram, but now it says "deleted account". Telegram is super safe so it is impossible to find their ip.

Great, who will keep track about the BITTREX situation?

I am sure he is not a stupid, 99% its fake id.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Ehrhc

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:20:38 PM

A sad trend now, unfortunately...
Probably only high-quality audit and the publishing of audit reports can save ICO projects from the scum.

This is the most stupid way to verify a scam! Reminder to you 2008 CDO were all high-quality audit AAA.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

XXX-Rays

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:46:04 PM

You got paid right?

I do not think that ICO project audit is a strictly need thing. Our world is full of stupid people who are ready to invest in a beautiful picture or video. Nobody think of losses. But they are predictable in case of project does not have a normal audit report.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:01:39 PM

You got paid right?

- > It is not your fault if you were not aware of the scam or how the project would turn out to be.

- > Do you have any money in the escrow that they would have paid for signature/bounties ? Are there unpaid bounties which are suppose to be taken care of ?

- > You can give all the relevant  information to the concerned people which will help them further investigate the matter.I'd say,any information you'd have from the conversations you had with them can turn out valuable.

aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:37:17 AM

- > Do you have any money in the escrow that they would have paid for signature/bounties ? Are there unpaid bounties which are suppose to be taken care of ?

2. To my knowledge, I finished the sheet for bounties and handled it over. It looks like only 200,000 CFD was sent out of the 475,000 that should have been. Some people did not receive payment, pmed me and I forwarded them to Joost and they got paid. As for the signature campaign, I'm paying them out myself. Getting in contact with their law firm to see if I can work something out.

- > You can give all the relevant  information to the concerned people which will help them further investigate the matter.I'd say,any information you'd have from the conversations you had with them can turn out valuable.

Yeah doing so.

ScammerExposer (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

We need an update! Where is aTriz?
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 02:18:50 PM

He did update on what's going to be the result of this:- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2232934.msg25298818#msg25298818
Well,that's something that an ethical manager would do,good luck to him by doing so even after he had clearly mentioned that he did not escrow the funds and the users who had participated in the campaign would be paid by that bastard who scammed and ran away which didn't turn out to go well.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1664

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:27:29 PM

What kind of update do you need? Atriz has already stated that he has been scammed as well and he is willing to pay those out of his own pocket. As for finding the scammer, I think he has done he's share of giving the information about the scammer and its up to those who are going to investigate the matter.

As you all know scammers not only have a entry strategy, they have also a very good exit strategy. Finding them will be very hard but don't blame everything on the campaign/bounty manager. It looks like Atriz has learn his lessons here to escrows or at least have access to the escrow funds before accepting a manager's job for a project.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
aristospetr

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:02:28 PM

Very often, ICO projects collect money from investors and simply steal them. Maybe need to put into practice the publication of audit reports for all ICO projects?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: