Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 08:53:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be expected after ETH goes Pos?  (Read 1520 times)
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:48:00 AM

In terms of price and emission... has anything been already said by Vitalik or any other main figure in the field? What is your view and why?
If we look to other coins gone in POS i think that it will good be. The technology of ethereum is good and at the same time there are a lot of projects develop on Ethereum, so go POS.
ShareAccepted (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:59:36 AM

I think were expecting a huge pump of ethereum with this Pos. As I notice etheremnis currently increasing its price so hoping it will continue be like this pumping ethereum.

Won't that be related to current price rather than expectations?

emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:06:37 PM

In terms of price and emission... has anything been already said by Vitalik or any other main figure in the field? What is your view and why?
If we look to other coins gone in POS i think that it will good be. The technology of ethereum is good and at the same time there are a lot of projects develop on Ethereum, so go POS.
Do you think this is just a strategy to avoid someone developing an ASIC?
Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:27:02 AM

There will be a lot of the eth limit to sell, and the number of mining will be less, the generation mechanism of the eth have change, code and technology updates, in the long run is certainly good for the eth, so I watch the etheric lane behind the price rise.

Hichi

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:48:27 PM

it will be a major step towards bringing the entire crypto field up to new standards. The implications will be huge, I even think that this might be the time when the flipping will happen (when ETH will surpass BTC in market capitalization), it's inevitable and will sooner or later happen, the question is when. PoS will definitely have a huge effect on the price and fact is that more and more people will want to buy ETH in the future in order to be able to stack their coins and confirm transactions, once they can do that they can earn passive income which is quite sweet (depending on your stake). ETH change to PoS will be one of the most amazing things witnesses in the blockchain sector, mark my words, ETH will be number one at some point.
emoji00

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:20:26 PM

The project makes me think of a convenient superficial model. The participants ought to assume the the future seriously.
ShareAccepted (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:15:54 AM

The project makes me think of a convenient superficial model. The participants ought to assume the the future seriously.

I don´t think is superficial at all. It is a change to stay.

Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:01:36 PM

There will be a lot of the eth limit to sell, and the number of mining will be less, the generation mechanism of the eth have change, code and technology updates, in the long run is certainly good for the eth, so I watch the etheric lane behind the price rise.

What do you mean about ethereum limit to sell? every ethereum holders can sell their shares. The supply will be limited and the miners will be changed with staking method. This will be similar to NEO.
When the transaction cost goes to those will be staking their coin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
SriNr

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:10:06 PM

i think that half of the miners will move to ETC,
dont know about the price but i dont like the PoS idea

i agree,, but if the price will rise its make a positif direction .
and make the pos is better
ShareAccepted (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:12:49 PM

i agree,, but if the price will rise its make a positif direction .
and make the pos is better

I think that there is much processing power that will be looking for opportunities, but... will there be enoguh opportunities?

Ontixo09

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:23:09 PM

POS token may become new trend in near future because users now tired of download wallet and installed, they want every thing stake online. Cheesy

ShareAccepted (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:41:14 PM

POS token may become new trend in near future because users now tired of download wallet and installed, they want every thing stake online. Cheesy

PoS coins today do have wallets and the like. Think of NEO or Waves

emoji00

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:34:25 PM

After ethereum goes pos i expect the price going up quickly. Ethereum will become next dash with the proof of atake concept and i like it. It will decrease coin in circullation and it is as good as bank rate. I really hope the pos transition going smooth and no issued in security or whatever.

Would it became a reserve of value, as there will be plenty held in staking?
ShareAccepted (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:41:27 AM

Ethereum classic is one of the altcoin. This is not that much popular in current market. I think few miners only move to Ethereum classic. It is raise in current market. But last month it was fall in market. So it is not a stable currency. Ethereum is the best centralized cryptocurrency. It is a long term investment. This is more profit for any other coin in future.

he asked what will happen when ethereum moves to PoS... half of the miners will mine ETC for sure.. there are no many better alternatives
and ETC wasnt a fall in the market.. its in the top 10 and grew a lot in 2017
also it has a big progress now in development and partnership, and had its first summit a week ago

Hey he seems replied to different user according to his answer and I want to know why you please simply talking about different altcoins when the op query is about the ethereum and its big guns answers about the price movement.
Vitalik is the founder of eth but he is been anonymous here in this forum as well. I do not know why all the coin founders simply hidden and being anonymous but looking about the price changes he will be really happy these current movement in the chart.

Vitalik is normally cautious about his statements, as those have a big influence in the community and could mean the success or failure of many projects and ICOs

emoji00

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:08:26 PM

There will definitely be short term volatility. We will probably see what is going on with Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash. However, after an initial drop, I expect Ethereum to shoot through the roof. I really don't think ETC has the ability to overtake Ethereum.

Wasn't there some early talk of Ethereum creating a maximum supply of Ethereum? Man, imagine the prices then!

I don´t think that a maximum supply is that good. Ethereum is very strong because is cheap to move and has the smart contract capability built in. Bitcoin is, believe or not, weaker.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:24:16 AM

I have always thought that it is a bad idea for ethereum to move to proof of stake, the miners are going to desert ETH and probably are going to move to ETC or other coins, those that receive free coins are probably going to dump it in the market and that is going to make the price to go down.
wallzer456

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:14:40 PM

All that ETH hashing power will point elsewhere, maybe ETC. Look what happened to LTC in 2013 when ASICS hit the market for BTC. EVERYONE with GPU rigs started to mine LTC. All that competition drove the difficulty thru the roof immediately. This made it more costly to mine a LTC and LTC went from 2 to $55 overnight. the reason is Miners wont sell for less. they create the supply. Supply becomes dammed up from difficulty and miners unwilling to sell for less than a profit. Alls it will take is a two week lag from this phenomena and the #2 GPU coin will skyrocket from this effect.
Just my take, there are other factors but it is a sound observation/metric for long term profit.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:17:05 PM

All that ETH hashing power will point elsewhere, maybe ETC. Look what happened to LTC in 2013 when ASICS hit the market for BTC. EVERYONE with GPU rigs started to mine LTC. All that competition drove the difficulty thru the roof immediately. This made it more costly to mine a LTC and LTC went from 2 to $55 overnight. the reason is Miners wont sell for less. they create the supply. Supply becomes dammed up from difficulty and miners unwilling to sell for less than a profit. Alls it will take is a two week lag from this phenomena and the #2 GPU coin will skyrocket from this effect.
Just my take, there are other factors but it is a sound observation/metric for long term profit.

Interesting observation, but I don't think ETH will lose value after the declaration of the POS system on ethereum blockchain. Because LTC was a coin that does basically nothing. ETH has lots of features used by developers in real life. Hence, comparing ETH to LTC in this case, doesn't make sense to me.
Rggadi

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:26:18 PM

Miners can influence mining difficulty, like BTC miners do this now, and everybody realising that selling under price is idiotic. Yes they can artificially keep price over the price of mining with litle help of traders and this is how is formed minimal price.
With POS you don't have his, and if some big investor decide to exit, he can destroy coin if he dumps hard.
ShareAccepted (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:57:53 PM

I think we are already seeing the effects of Ether going POS. First of all everyone is trying to stack up currently, the simple reason is because in the future when POS will be implemented, everyone will be able to receive ETH is return for confirming transactions, so instead of mining, which is currently done by big players who have the entire power centralized in their hands, the average person will be able to confirm transactions just by locking up their ETH to a smart contract. That's pretty awesome and the implications of this is some sort of indirect divident paid to holders. It's like holding shares is a big bank, instead of them paying you quarterly some dividends, you'll be receiving some ETH which have just as much value.

I think you are a bit confused. Ethereum mining is not centralised. It is true that there are a few large players, but most of the hashing power is distributed among many small or even domestic miners. This is not Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: