Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:19:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for BFL 5GH/s  (Read 1287 times)
wonax (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:22:54 PM

I am new to bitcoin , well looking for BFL miner , have seen many reviews that if i order now i will get in 9-10 months.. whats your opinion?   
  I am looking for in Hand miners in ebay , here and there but no luck...if i found some they are selling 5GH/s at $2500, which is to much expensive for a 5GH/s
   I am a working student and self made i cant afford that type of prices, only price i can afford is max BFL price + 100
   Anyone have suggestions about it , where i can get that?
If someone(Trusted Member) have additional ASICs and wanted to help i will be thankful

I have seen a website selling miners at BFL rates , there is now review about them? i have emailed 3 days ago but no response , any one have seen this ?? w-stores.com 

mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 10:03:26 PM

9 - 10 months is if you ordered that long ago.  they are actively shipping now.  The wait from today is month like  month or worse case two months.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
psypi

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:07:17 PM

Are they shipping out all the rigs?
Jowbob

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:08:28 PM

They deliver in 14 days
mjc

Activity: 588

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 10:09:12 PM

Are they shipping out all the rigs?

There are more than a few people that have received their rigs.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
wonax (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:13:38 PM

They have shipped from orders of 9 Sep 2012 ..until now .. i sent them mail to ask the update about the shipping and got the following url
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/

how can we say that they will ship todays order within 14 days...?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:36:14 PM

I am new to bitcoin , well looking for BFL miner , have seen many reviews that if i order now i will get in 9-10 months.. whats your opinion?   
  I am looking for in Hand miners in ebay , here and there but no luck...if i found some they are selling 5GH/s at $2500, which is to much expensive for a 5GH/s
   I am a working student and self made i cant afford that type of prices, only price i can afford is max BFL price + 100
   Anyone have suggestions about it , where i can get that?
If someone(Trusted Member) have additional ASICs and wanted to help i will be thankful

I have seen a website selling miners at BFL rates , there is now review about them? i have emailed 3 days ago but no response , any one have seen this ?? w-stores.com 

You're not going to be able to get one in-hand for anywhere close to BFL prices. Demand is just too high, and for good reason... it's not hard to calculate how much a DAY someone can make with one at the moment, and it doesn't look like the next difficulty jump will hurt them all that much.

Your only real options are to pay $2000+ for immediate delivery; spend $300+ and wait in line; or spend ~$100 on a Block Erupter and pay $0.10-$0.20/MHs less than buying a second-hand Jalapeno (your call as to whether that's a decent price or not.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
prodigits7

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:55:09 PM

Not worth your time or money, trust me. That BFL 5GH/s will be obsolete by the time you buy one!

My advice to you right now, save your money, use it to buy and hold BTC instead. Much better mining equipment will be coming out in a few weeks that will trump anything BFL has to offer.

BFL is a joke.
Shivan Raiders

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

agreed that Jalapeno's are not worth your time.  Bought one at the end of March and sold it in May as a pre order on Ebay since by the time I get it, it will not be profitable.  Keep researching on ways to get into the game, but this one will not be worth the investment...
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:06:49 PM

yep others covered it. don't bother.

gollygosh

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:55:28 PM

You should really do the maths - you won't see a good return on any BFL unit.

psypi

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:40:31 AM

You should really do the maths - you won't see a good return on any BFL unit.

I second that. Looking at what's going to be shipped in September, as planned and advertised, BFL miners will be useless in no time.
Trillium

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:57:19 PM

If your budget is so low then I'm sorry but you just wont be able to get in amongst the other miners because the demand is just so high for ASIC hardware right now. The best you can get for your money if you desperately want to say "I HAVE AN ASIC!" Is to buy a block erupter USB but as many people will point out you are very unlikely to ever make your money back from mining with it.

My suggestion would be to just buy $100 worth of BTC and hold onto it for a long time.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
George900

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:08:43 PM

Probably better to buy bitcoins than to invest in BFL, by the time you get it, it won't be worth what you paid.
wonax (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:58:24 PM

I have seen this website, selling miners anyone have review? at they stated they have miners in stock and at BFL prices...w-stores.com
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

I have seen this website, selling miners anyone have review? at they stated they have miners in stock and at BFL prices...w-stores.com

Just going off first glance, you shouldn't trust that site.

- They're still using the old image for the 5GH/s Jalapeno and 25 GH/s ASIC. You'd think they'd keep up the product stats and details if it was all they sold.

- They have a single, unchanging bitcoin address right below their "bitcoins only" logo. No reason is given as to why a commercial site would have a static address just sitting there, like they expect donations or something.

- The store itself has no logo or even a name, apparently (unless it's just "w-stores.") How'd you even hear about this site?

- They have 3 Jalapenos in stock, but it's going to take 12-22 days to ship? And for a bitcoin value of under $250 USD? Riiiiiiight.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:35:58 PM

agreed that Jalapeno's are not worth your time.  Bought one at the end of March and sold it in May as a pre order on Ebay since by the time I get it, it will not be profitable.  Keep researching on ways to get into the game, but this one will not be worth the investment...

I think it depends on your goal. If you want to recover your investment, and make a 100%+ return, all by year's end? Well, it's likely too late for that. It's probably too late if you're willing to wait for that return until next June.

But if the goal is to have a private source of bitcoins (as opposed to regularly having to hit the exchanges or BitInstant), either for spending or for long-term investment, I'd say they're still a pretty good deal... provided you put in an order for one rather quickly.

At a BTC price of $100, an electrical cost of $0.10/kWh, a power draw of 5 watts per GH/s, a 1.5% pool fee, and just the listed hashrate, a BFL ASIC hits its break-even point at a difficulty of somewhere around 4 billion. Break-even just means you're paying market price for the bitcoins rather than profiting directly from them, so for someone just wanting to buy a box that lets you pay for bitcoins without an exchange, there's no problem there.

Considering difficulty just adjusted up to 21 million this weekend, we'd need it to increase by about a factor of 200 before even getting to break-even. Since BFL is already actually shipping product... yeah, I'd say ordering soon probably still gives you a good chance to do well if pure immediate profit isn't the goal.

wonax (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:03:28 PM

I have seen good reviews about KNC Miners , As a newbie experienced members advice will be appreciated , If i will purchase Mercury KNC Miner , by borrowing money from my friends , how much delays we can expect?
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 01:31:16 AM

330 Mhs USB block erupters are about 75 usd a piece, and are available fast... No point in paying 2k for jalapeno

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
wonax (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:17:28 AM

I have asked for KNC Miner reviews?? in my last post...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: