Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth to pay $8200 for 1 BTC if you are a newbie?  (Read 4136 times)
BlockMedx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

You can always buy less than 1....often people coming over from traditional investments (stocks, bonds, etc) seem to think that you need to buy BTC in integers.  Even though 1 BTC might be over $8k, you can still buy $100 or $50 at a time, and that's what I would suggest.
overlooker

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:44:21 PM

if you can afford to lose this amount of money, yes, it is a good investment.

if you cant, you can still buy a fraction of bitcoin for less. it is still a good investment

only invest money you can afford to lose
10000BTC

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:45:42 PM

Paying $8200 for a bitcoin is not a problem for only if I'm using it for a transaction but as a long term investment i will not do that.
This is because the price is not certain and i think will not get much returns since i can't buy much. i will rather try other cheaper coins with huge growth potential.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:51:40 PM

Is bitcoin still a good investment for newbies? Is it worth to pay almost $8200 for 1 BTC today?

How a newbie is connected to an investment?
If you can understand what is cryptocurrency and what is an investment, then that is enough to start.

The question you should ask, is it the right time to invest?

The answer is, no one can predict and it is impossible to say future price.
 * If you have the ability to hodl long term then buy now. In case the price drops from your buying price.

An example,
I bought siacoin at BTC0.00000584 and now the price is BTC0.00000066
Can you imagine how much loss I am digesting? At this point I have nothing to do except holding and wait for the price rise.

So anything can happen. No one can predict future. All you need is patience and ability.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:02:44 PM

Is bitcoin still a good investment for newbies? Is it worth to pay almost $8200 for 1 BTC today?

This isn't an answer that can be answered definitely and ultimately depends on your predictions for the price of BTC, if you think it will increase beyond 8200 then of course buy, if not then of course do not buy.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:03:59 PM

I didn't understand the logic of the question if why it is not a good investment for "newbies". It is never about an expert or a newbie when it comes on investments on Bitcoin, but it depends on its situation and how it is reacting in the market right now. If you think and feel it is going good then it is obviously good no matter if you are a newbie or an expert in Bitcoin, but if it is not going really well and you know this, then it for sure will be a bad investment even if you are an expert.
And by the way, no one needs to buy a complete bitcoin in order to invest in Bitcoin, but you can buy any amount you want according to your budget.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:06:08 PM

How a newbie is connected to an investment?
If you can understand what is cryptocurrency and what is an investment, then that is enough to start.

The question you should ask, is it the right time to invest?

The answer is, no one can predict and it is impossible to say future price.
 * If you have the ability to hodl long term then buy now. In case the price drops from your buying price.

An example,
I bought siacoin at BTC0.00000584 and now the price is BTC0.00000066
Can you imagine how much loss I am digesting? At this point I have nothing to do except holding and wait for the price rise.

So anything can happen. No one can predict future. All you need is patience and ability.

You should definitely pay that much and it was totally worth it. If I told you 1 BTC will be worth millions and billions in 10-20 years from now would you still do everything you could to get that one bitcoin? Hell yes. So learn as much as you can and buy as much as you can as anything under 10,000 USD and you are winning when it comes to buying for long term profits with BTC.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:24:34 PM

This is not just a question for newbies. I will admit I do not know how to answer this question. I agree, everyone talks about 10,000 before the end of the year. And if not. If it drops to 7000. Are you ready to lose this money? If you are willing to take a chance - then buy. If not, wait for the price to drop. Keep money ready to buy. It can fall for a short time.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:29:00 PM

I wouldn't advice a newbie to buy a whole BTC for the current price of $8200. This, for me, is too steep right now and I'll just advice him to buy a portion of it on a weekly manner. Just like dollar-cost averaging technique used in stocks. With this technique, they'll even out and average the price acquisition of tbeir BTC holding even if the price dips or plummets drastically. Buying a whole BTC at this price could become a problem if the market consolidates in the coming days. I'll teach them how to manage their risk because of the volatility that BTC has. 
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:31:24 PM

Some great honest answers here, at the end of the day go with your gut feeling at all times. Buy small amounts at a time this will you don't lose too much.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:33:41 PM

Nope instead I would wait for the right time of course the price won't say the same so when it drops I would get it that's only if I could afford it Smiley.
When it is going to be the drop and how deep nobody can't say. Bitcoin may fall to 7000$ and you can think that here is your chance for investment and you buy, but bitcoin suddenly fell to 5000$ and now you regret that you mistaken. I have tried myself in such investment and my experience was exactly like this, but only with litecoin. But in one thing I am sure - 10000$ is not going to be the limit for bitcoin, it will rise even higher.
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:36:26 PM

This is not just a question for newbies. I will admit I do not know how to answer this question. I agree, everyone talks about 10,000 before the end of the year. And if not. If it drops to 7000. Are you ready to lose this money? If you are willing to take a chance - then buy. If not, wait for the price to drop. Keep money ready to buy. It can fall for a short time.

I took profit on Bitcoin at $7900 have pending buy orders at $7000, $6000, $5000 even $4000.  So you can see I believe the price will dip.  But I wont tell you should do.

BTW Tradingview has members who share there market analiyses for free.  Maybe look there.
sathvik112

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:38:09 PM

For a newbie, i recommend first to understand the history of bitcoin, about bitcoin, its price, online wallets, cold wallets, keeping their wallets authenticated, keeping their accounts safe from hackers.
Further i advice you to earn free bitcoin, you can also participate in our bitcoin talk platform. Finally you can invest very amount of you fiat into bitcoin, keep a goal to earn profits, once you reach your profits you can withdraw your capital investment and even with your profits you can gain more profits. If you purchase 1 bTC and if price goes down don't blaming is a good thing, Good plan for making things helps to earn better profits.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:43:09 PM

Is bitcoin still a good investment for newbies?

Yes all the time, all the way bitcoin is a good investment mostly for newbies. If you are new to this, what you have to do is to learn it first so that you'll know on how it is totally good to invest in bitcoin.

Is it worth to pay almost $8200 for 1 BTC today?

I did mentioned that all the time and all the way bitcoin is a good investment but on this part, you had to ask yourself if you are able and if not just wait for the dip.

I guess waiting for that dip will took longer days to happen mate, and for those newbies who will buy btc at that expensive price I guess they really have enough wealth for investment capital. For those newbies who didn't have enough, maybe they can purchase bitcoin amounts but not with that price in full amount. Eventually you can start an investment with small amount and when that assets grows, then the increase of profit will become compounding if you don't sell it right away and you will learn how to wait for an exact time to decide what's the best price to dump.

If he is not able at this moment of buying bitcoin at $8,100 then he has to wait and hope for lower price. This may not be the dip but there will be chance too that the price can rise anytime from now on. I have read somewhere here in forum that no matter what the price of bitcoin is that will be still a good entry point if there are people saying that price can possibly go up for 10%-50%+ then they had to buy now.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
saedasda

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:46:21 PM

Wait for the dip because $8200 is All Time High and bitcoin can go down easy. You need to learn how to be patience here because once you have patience you can easily earn money

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:47:14 PM

It doesn't matter what you are it is a good investment and if you can afford it go for it. It's a really good investment and probably the best news you will make in your life so I think you should go for it and invest. How much do you have to lose? Put half of what you looking at investing somewhere into Bitcoin and see he well it goes from there. But I suggest you buy or earn a small amount of Bitcoin and buy and spend and trade it to see how it works and feels.

Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:47:34 PM

Buying bitcoins at current prices is a huge risk as no one know that will bitcoins fall or rise after reaching new heights like it has reached $8200 for the first time so it can drop a little bit or it can continue rising.So i recommend either trying investing small amounts or wait for drop of bitcoins prices.And how does being newbie affects in investing of bitcoins, well if you know anything about investment and does that works you are good to go but if you don't know, do some reading about it.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 09:48:59 PM

Buying bitcoins at current prices is a huge risk as no one know that will bitcoins fall or rise after reaching new heights like it has reached $8200 for the first time so it can drop a little bit or it can continue rising.So i recommend either trying investing small amounts or wait for drop of bitcoins.And how does being newbie affects in investing of bitcoins, well if you know anything about investment and does that works you are good to go but if you don't know, do some reading about it.
Well if I had usd tethers laying about, I'd be buying Bitcoin right about now. That shit is about to hit the fan.

Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:52:29 PM

Newbie or not, if you have the means it sure is worth to pay that amount for 1 Bitcoin. If you cannot afford It, you could do a part. Bitcoin has gone up after a fall and is now speeding up again, so you have to act fast. At the end of the year the price will be 10K and will go to 15K next year.

JohnHero

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:56:58 PM

I'd very much say WAIT! Always but when it goes down and right now it's just went right up! Everytime it goes like this, it's gonna go down for a bit too. Wait and see, $6000 is a good entry point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: