Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Photo] First of 2013 Casascius Silver Coins Now Available For Sale  (Read 15836 times)
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:34:45 PM

I couldn't get the picture link to work Sad

Me either, although it was working earlier today. FWIW, they looked pretty.  Smiley

I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to an album so I made a new one: http://imgur.com/a/v79PP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:51:08 PM

Anyone deciphered the binary on the new issues?

Yes, start with the outside ring and work your way inward.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Super T

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:02:07 PM

What size Air-Tite cases do these fit in?

The ounce coins fit in #1020 Air-Tite T30.6mm DF, the half ounce coins fit in #1050 Air-Tite H39mm DF. The half ouncers are a little loose, but not enough to move around unless a decent amount of force is used.

Pictures.

Hi - I might have missed something but it looks like you have these the wrong way round (I would expect the 1oz coin to require the 39mm case and the half to require the 30mm).

Also - if anyone is interested in the alternative case style with the inner foam ring, i think the 1 oz coins should fit the X39 on this page: http://www.air-tites.com/Air-Tite_Ring_Type_Coin_Holders_1.htm#X6

Note - i have not yet verified that these fit, but will do once received.

Coin dimensions are listed in the pricing table on Casascius page here: https://www.casascius.com/

Mike - if you have used these it would be great if you could confirm...
chrisrico

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:10:15 PM

Hi - I might have missed something but it looks like you have these the wrong way round (I would expect the 1oz coin to require the 39mm case and the half to require the 30mm).

You are correct, I did have them backwards. Further, I've noticed that the 1/2 oz coins are slightly too thick to completely fit into the snap fit cases I mentioned.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:21:56 PM

Anyone have a hi-res photo of the 0.5oz round?

chrisrico

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:52:41 PM

Sort of high res: http://imgur.com/a/v79PP
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:39:14 PM

Sort of high res: http://imgur.com/a/v79PP

Right, sorry, it was early and I was tired  Cool

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

Order arrived. Thanks Mike!  Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:47:30 AM

Thanks, Mike. Got mine.

Here are the new silvers next to the old one.

MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 11:28:28 PM

What size Air-Tite cases do these fit in?

The ounce coins fit in #1020 Air-Tite T30.6mm DF, the half ounce coins fit in #1050 Air-Tite H39mm DF. The half ouncers are a little loose, but not enough to move around unless a decent amount of force is used.

Pictures.

Also - if anyone is interested in the alternative case style with the inner foam ring, i think the 1 oz coins should fit the X39 on this page: http://www.air-tites.com/Air-Tite_Ring_Type_Coin_Holders_1.htm#X6

Note - i have not yet verified that these fit, but will do once received.

Coin dimensions are listed in the pricing table on Casascius page here: https://www.casascius.com/

Mike - if you have used these it would be great if you could confirm...

I'm using the I39 air-tites with the 1oz coins with the and can confirm they fit in those nicely.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:08:36 PM

Quick status report:  All of the coins that will be part of the "first funded" batch have gone out as of today.  That is, the first 32 rolls of 1BTC coins, and the first 32 rolls of half BTC coins.  As soon as these last shipments arrive, I will do a single transaction to fund them all.

Since the only shipping I currently offer is Registered, FedEx, or Express, they should all arrive fairly promptly.  Certainly, I would guess, by the end of the month.

Those of you who have ordered these silver coins that have not yet been funded will notice that I have not moved any of your payments on the block chain from the address where you originally paid me.  This is deliberate, so you can see there's no "fractional reserve" Smiley

Every roll is numbered... the 1oz's are R001-R032 and the halfs are H001-H032.  In addition there are 45 halfs and 2 1oz's that were sold either as singles or with old sticker, that aren't part of the 32 rolls.  (One of each roll type was broken down to accommodate orders of singles as well)

Estimated total BTC to be funded in first fund transaction: (32*20) + (32*12*0.5) + (45*0.5) + 2 = 856.5 BTC

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:47:35 AM

Around when will the 0.1s arrive?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:12:24 AM

Around when will the 0.1s arrive?

+1
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

I'm far, far away on vacation, but just received an email saying my coins have arrived. Very exciting!

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 08:28:11 PM

Update posted to my blog at http://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/update-july-28-new-private-keys-done-0-1-coins-here-soon/

Update as of July 28:

• Private keys have been generated and printed for silver coins beyond the first 32 rolls (of each type). The addresses all start with 1Ag. This will get the orders resuming for rolls 33 and up. Thanks for your patience, some of you have been waiting over 3 weeks. A total of 12,760 keys were generated. The address looks a bit different from before, I changed it to a narrow fixed-width font.
  • The Aluminum Coins and the Zero Value Bar now include FREE POSTAL SHIPPING.
  • The 0.1 BTC coins are soon to be available. They’ll be sold in rolls of 20.
  • New numbering scheme for rolls. Bitcoin addresses are vanity-generated with prefixes denoting sequence. The first roll of 1BTC silver coins is no longer roll “R033″, but rather, roll “1Ag1-A” and consists of coins whose addresses all start with 1Ag1. After 1Ag1 is used (there are exactly 220 keys for each prefix), we move on to 1Ag2, 1Ag3, etc. The first roll of 0.5BTC silver coins is “1Aga-A”. The first roll of 0.1BTC silver coins is “1Agz-A” and these will work backwards through the alphabet (1Agy, 1Agx, etc.)

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:05:52 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 01:30:56 AM by MWNinja

I was really expecting these to be funded by now; I have had mine in hand for nearly a month. I wanted to be able to offer a few for sale at tomorrow's meetup, but I won't be doing that until they have been funded. What's the status? And of course they were being funded just as I posted... perfect timing.
doubledave

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:22:36 AM

My 0.5's that I picked up from the post office today were funded a few minutes ago.   Grin
https://blockchain.info/tx/72bec59c7649d4527d8d7848ebc36840c89f5d36d18db9a91afd34d800826722
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:48:14 AM

I blasted out all of the silver coin funding today in one transaction.  That single transaction has almost 1300 txouts.

There are a few not quite received by their buyers, but at some point too long is too long.  You guys know it, I know it.

SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:20:08 AM

Nice! Glad to see the funding done!

Any updates on the .1's?
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:21:36 AM

I'm using the I39 air-tites with the 1oz coins with the and can confirm they fit in those nicely.

Has anyone found a case that's a nice fit for the 0.5oz coins?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: