Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:07:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Photo] First of 2013 Casascius Silver Coins Now Available For Sale  (Read 15836 times)
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:14:26 PM

How many of these .1 will be for sale in this run?

Also I would not mind doing a group buy for North America and doing it at cost. I think I will want three or them.

Thanks.

How exactly does one host a group buy? Is it simply a, gather buyers, get the coins in one wallet, purchase, wait for them to arrive, and re-distribute? I hope someone runs one in the EU, otherwise I possilbly could.

Hey! I'm already reselling Casascius coins in Europe, you will find all coins unless 0.1btc new ones. You just need to check my shop in Bitmit -> https://www.bitmit.net/user/BitAddict
I'm sending from Spain, so if you live in Europe you won't have any extra charge for tax, and deliver will be faster. All my coins incluide free capsule.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:21:22 PM

Those 0.1's do look pretty nice  Grin

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:27:26 PM

Those do look really nice. Would love to see some close-up pictures.

Also, just keeping this on the radar:

Hi Mike,

No doubt you're busy these days -- can we get an estimate as to when you'll have the time to provide signed docs?

I'd love to have my personal PGP fingerprint included in the message as well, as this would help create a chain of custody for the coins.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:43:09 PM

Also I would not mind doing a group buy for North America and doing it at cost. I think I will want three or them.

Thanks.

I would be interested in a group buy if you do decide to do one!
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 09:57:09 PM

Hi Mike,

No doubt you're busy these days -- can we get an estimate as to when you'll have the time to provide signed docs?

I'd love to have my personal PGP fingerprint included in the message as well, as this would help create a chain of custody for the coins.

Yeah, I still have it on the radar.  We're gettin' there.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:39:21 AM

Hi Mike,

That's good to know, thanks in advance for doing this, Mike. I would love to be able to offer chain of custody proof to my buyers of the 0.5 BTC brass coins. Sales have plummeted since the "hack" was publicized.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:40:32 AM

Thanks.

How exactly does one host a group buy? Is it simply a, gather buyers, get the coins in one wallet, purchase, wait for them to arrive, and re-distribute? I hope someone runs one in the EU, otherwise I possilbly could.

Hey! I'm already reselling Casascius coins in Europe, you will find all coins unless 0.1btc new ones. You just need to check my shop in Bitmit -> https://www.bitmit.net/user/BitAddict
I'm sending from Spain, so if you live in Europe you won't have any extra charge for tax, and deliver will be faster. All my coins incluide free capsule.

Cheers!

Ah, right, that's nice, but you sadly don't have the 0.1 ones that I'd want. I wonder if there'll be a group buy soon. (I'd be too worried about taxes 'n all to do it myself)
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:00:40 AM

Hi Mike,

Any update on this?

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 02:57:01 AM

Any update on this?

I'm closer.  Sorry it's taken so long.  Am currently doing one-offs upon request as well.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 02:57:56 AM

Gold plating added to the remaining 700 or so 1oz coins!  It turned out really well, even better than on the 2012's.  All future orders will be fulfilled with gold plated stock.  Shopping cart added to indicate the change.

1oz coins w/o gold plating are no longer available, however, the 0.5 and 0.1BTC coins are bare silver with no gold plating.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:21:38 AM

Good Job Mike. Very Nice.

Ordered a roll and looking forward to receiving it.

Aloha  Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:03:49 PM

Gold plating added to the remaining 700 or so 1oz coins!  It turned out really well, even better than on the 2012's.  All future orders will be fulfilled with gold plated stock.  Shopping cart added to indicate the change.
now I have to order a second roll!  Smiley
Hmph, yes, couldn't Mike have come up with all the new shiny things at once? Would have spared me a fortune on shipping fees Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:49:33 AM

Mine came in.  Smiley

I like the new type of air tight tube you are using. Can't say I've ever seen this type before.

Thanks again Mike, love the coins!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:12:40 AM

I need to get some of these!
Super T

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:13:55 AM

1oz coins w/o gold plating are no longer available, however, the 0.5 and 0.1BTC coins are bare silver with no gold plating.

Is it just me/the light or are have all but one of these been plated with blue as well as gold?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:16:20 AM

Is it just me/the light or are have all but one of these been plated with blue as well as gold?

Keep in mind that silver operates like a mirror. Likely it is the surrounding causing the blue.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

batcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:27:41 AM

*dust, dust*

Had to brush off my old account. Haven't been around for a bit, but the recent uptick in BTC price has caught my attention. Cheesy

I have to say that those coins look awesome! Wish I had seen them earlier because I would have likely ordered some despite the customs headaches of my current locale.

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:12:50 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 05:00:46 PM by dwdoc

Just bought a couple. Looking forward to them!

My review:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269535.msg3443515#msg3443515

Pictures:

http://postimg.org/gallery/7mocx58g
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:33:28 PM

I can also digitally sign PDF, which Adobe Acrobat will recognize and validate without any hassle to the user.  May come in handy.  Though it's a paid hardware signing module that is not really that suitable for signing batches of documents in bulk, it remains an option for one-off requests.

I'm not too familiar with PDF signing, but that sounds like it would be more accessible to non-technical people. Would it be too much of a reach to generate a PGP-signed message and have that placed into a signed PDF?

I'd be more than happy with one signed document per roll, listing the coins contained therein. I can envision silkscreening some nice certificates of authenticity with the PGP-signed messages, reminiscent of old 19th century bearer bonds Cheesy

Given that the final count of 0.5s with series 2 holograms is apparently only 45(!), I'm quite eager to get the "stamp of approval" on them!

I could secondarily PGP-sign the entire (Adobe-signed) PDF file as a binary (creating a separate signature file that GPG recognizes)

Signing PDFs also allows for easy signing of the embedded photos.  I have scanned all of the silver coins and most of the recent brass coins.

Hi Mike,

Any update on this?

I'm closer.  Sorry it's taken so long.  Am currently doing one-offs upon request as well.

Hi Mike,

As of today, a full three months has passed since you made the offer to provide signed docs. I'd like to ask again if there's any update on this.

I paid you 55 BTC for two rolls of coins back in July. That was close to six thousand dollars at the time of purchase, or over sixteen thousand dollars at today's exchange rate. I'm not asking for a lot here, and given the fact that I've personally enriched you to the tune of several thousand dollars, I'm both upset and amazed that I've had to pester you so many times already to do this.

You've lost me as a paying customer; this can only be described as a complete failure of customer service. Hopefully I'm the exception and others have gotten better treatment so far.

Perhaps you could take some time out of your day to either provide me with the promised documents, or at least give me a definite time frame in which they'll be delivered? I can provide you with my PGP fingerprint via email or PM.

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 06:46:04 PM

Hi Mike,

As of today, a full three months has passed since you made the offer to provide signed docs. I'd like to ask again if there's any update on this.

I paid you 55 BTC for two rolls of coins back in July. That was close to six thousand dollars at the time of purchase, or over sixteen thousand dollars at today's exchange rate. I'm not asking for a lot here, and given the fact that I've personally enriched you to the tune of several thousand dollars, I'm both upset and amazed that I've had to pester you so many times already to do this.

You've lost me as a paying customer; this can only be described as a complete failure of customer service. Hopefully I'm the exception and others have gotten better treatment so far.

Perhaps you could take some time out of your day to either provide me with the promised documents, or at least give me a definite time frame in which they'll be delivered? I can provide you with my PGP fingerprint via email or PM.

Thanks for sharing your feelings on this.

If you contact me by email and make an individual request for a specific order, then I turn that around in a reasonable timeframe.  That has continued to stand since I made that offer.  If you have done so and I have failed to act on it, I apologize, and request that you contact me privately once more, particularly containing what information you'd like the signed acknowledgment to contain (since it varies by your need).  In general, I don't know which forum names correspond to which real-world identities, so unless you explicitly identify your order, I don't know which order to acknowledge by reference to a forum posting alone.

The item that I have "out there" with a non-specific delivery time is to go through my order history and send out, in a very large batch, something acknowledging all the prior orders.  The main issue is that the methodology I have for knowing which coins I've sent to customers has varied throughout the time I've done it, and I don't consistently have a record as to who got what coins.  In many cases, I do have a record, but it's not available to me on an automated basis (e.g. it's not in my database, but it's in my sent mail in the case where I acknowledged the order and listed the specific coins sent).  Therefore, what I'm taking "forever" to do, is to send off an automated batch of this info.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: