Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea?  (Read 3803 times)
LoveHateWithCrypto

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:13:56 AM

There are many wonderful coins out there in the world of altcoins but there are also many bad apples. It will be up to your judgement to differentiate these by researching about them. Since you are targeting on a long term investment horizon, find coins that you believe that will still survive after a few years. Things to look at could be, active community, development progress and a passionate team. After finding those, you could start accumulating them at support levels. You could also separate your portfolio into different categories. An example - (privacy -> XMR/ XZC, payment - PAY, DEX -KNC/ZRX) This would help to diversify your holdings in different aspects of crypto. Have a fun journey! We are one of the early adopters and this technology is definitely here to stay!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:14:43 AM

Yeah, I will also recommend you all to invest your money for long term investment rather than short term investment in ALTCOINS because investing for long term investment is really a good idea, which can give you good profit but will take some time. Nowadays altcoin like ETHEREUM, MONERO, LITECOIN are attracting the investors due to its high market potential. So don't just sell your coin, wait an earn more.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Thewel

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:18:23 AM

I think investing in a high period of time can be unsafe because the altcoin price itself is unstable so it could have an adverse effect on investing, but it is likely that if we invest in some of the possibilities it will be useful to us.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     HEXCASH     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◆◆◆◆◆     A T​RULY​ DECENTRALISED FUND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM     ◆◆◆◆◆
WP   TWITTER   FACEBOOK   ◆   TOKEN SALE   ◆   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ANN
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:24:51 AM

I would think of Etherium as long-term investment. Even with it I would rather  withdraw 1/3 profits and put into Bitcoin. It is cryptoworld analogue of the gold. I hope to get fast return on some altcoins though.

lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:32:54 AM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Is it a good approach to stay invested for long term in the altcoin space?
Why not. Its a good choice neither. Its was nice strategy if you have a variety of invest. Dont just focus on bitcoin, because there are lot of coin that has a potential for a long term investment. Sometimea its only the value you need to for a good coin, but also the ICo and platform it has. If it is run by a trusted ICO and has a good platform. Why not you try, to see if it can.
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:35:25 AM

The truth about the whole topic is that, people are coming up with new and different altcoin on a daily basis with a claim that theirs is better than the rest, but BTC/ETH have been gaining grounds and trust and very stable, not sure of any other.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:01:26 AM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

I really doubt it, especially if you are looking at existing altcoins and not ICOs or altcoins that are flying under the radar and currently do not have a lot of market capitalization. If you invest BTC into big, developed altcoins such as ETH or LTC, i think that the only hopes of you making profit is in the short term, flipping for a profit quickly and not actually the long term.

However, there are obviously exceptions.

Some altcoins can definitely be held for the long term, if it is intrinsically valuable and appreciates over time.
cryptosarah

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:02:45 AM

I would prefer to invest in established altcoin Like PAY ARK SONM etc
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:33:47 AM

Invest in a long-term and a little risky altcoin but you can come to fruition depending on the project you choose. There are several currencies currently with exceptional projects, such as the Minex that was launched a short time and today is almost in the 30 dollars and continues to rise, we also have the LISK that until recently was worth approximately 1 dollar and today costs 7 dollars and increasing each day. What I advise and to do such a business you have to have a lot of trust in the project and know a lot about it.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:24:56 AM

I think it's great, if you save when the price goes down. and also alt can be a substitute for bitcoin because the cost of sending or attracting bitcoin is getting more expensive. alt could be an alternative
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:58:11 AM

Invest in a long-term and a little risky altcoin but you can come to fruition depending on the project you choose. There are several currencies currently with exceptional projects, such as the Minex that was launched a short time and today is almost in the 30 dollars and continues to rise, we also have the LISK that until recently was worth approximately 1 dollar and today costs 7 dollars and increasing each day. What I advise and to do such a business you have to have a lot of trust in the project and know a lot about it.
there is nothing wrong when you choose an altcoin for longterm cause technically there is a lot of coin out there that really have a good future and they are good also when you have thought about the long term but always check it before you might choose it and decide it for your long term coin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Luckym7

Activity: 212

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:04:21 AM

It is a very awesome and best idea to long tram investment with altcoin . it is risk free so long time invest is good.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:11:10 AM

Yeah investing for the long term is an altcoin is a good idea only if you invest in the correct coin. For example if you invest in ethereum you might get alot of profit as its price is stably rising. If you invest in some other shitcoin you will probably lose your money. If you want to invest for a long term you need to invest in a good altcoin and then you might get alot of profit.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:12:59 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 01:52:43 PM by mariangpalad

Cryptocurrency has high risk and volatility thats why i prefer short trading than holding the coins for a long time its much more profitable.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:14:06 AM

i think that Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea, but you must clearly know on which altcoin you are intending to invest in you have to do a search on that because not all alts are a long term investment. only few of them may make it
Yes. Knowing the altcoin you want to invest in is actually the most important step to take first.
It is long-term we are talking about and not all coin will definitely make it to the end. It is most definite that some of them would get blasted out of the scene and then we will have the top ones with good team and good project doing well for them-selves. Those are the things one should look out for when investing in any coin.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:24:44 PM

moment under which bitcoin is experience increase and altcoin down maybe good to us buy, store some only for future. who know fortune side to we
gangem07

Activity: 598

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:59:26 PM

moment under which bitcoin is experience increase and altcoin down maybe good to us buy, store some only for future. who know fortune side to we
Not all altcoins will give us a good profit...I suggest invest in erethreum because eth is good for a long term investment and has a good development in the market..And also bitcoin...Bitcoin will give us a more more profit in the future...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:08:42 PM

Now it's not the best idea to invest in altcoins, almost all prices are falling down right now, there are only few altcoins that have stable price Monero and Dash, this two more profitable now that any other altcoins.
Qpeep

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

This is actually the BEST idea. If the coin is good, sooner or later it will get bought or pumped or both. You may have to wait 3-4 years, but then you if the altcoin will be still alive you will be very happy.
tocketsearful

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:42:12 PM

It is ALWAYS a good idea to diversify your portfolio if you would like to lower your overall risk of exposure to join one coin. But the more you diversify the more average your return is coin to be. But if you are 100% invested in BTC and BCH ends up being the main coin you then risk losing everything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: