Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea?  (Read 3803 times)
Sivanandam (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:13:26 PM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Is it a good approach to stay invested for long term in the altcoin space?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:15:43 PM

That really depends on the coin which you invest in, if it is a decent project and is hitting it's milestones and gains some kind of adoption then yes it is worth it, if you end up supporting a pointless pump and dump coin then long term this will not work out.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:15:54 PM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Not really, only investing on bitcoin long term makes sense. There is not a single good altcoin out there in terms of long term holding. Im sure some people will get rich holding some altcoin, but what one? it's a lottery.

I guess Monero, Litecoin and Ethereum based on hype, could deliver good gains, but I wouldn't count on it at all.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:54:42 AM

as practice shows there are coins that can make phenomenal growth, however among them there is also a lot of scum

Stella27

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:53:52 AM

Long term investments for altcoins really depends on the project because we couldnt deny the fact that it is risky. However, there are some, who have a very good plan that we could say worth investing. You just need to study carefully tgeir project
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:02:10 AM

crypto movement is unexpected this year, maybe this is right if you want to invest in crypto. if want to invest in btc, i sure will keep ptofit. for altc i am not sure and i guess only some altc is good for future investment.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:02:33 AM

If you want to invest for a long period better invest in bitcoins and hold it for a year or more.My thougts that, this is the best investment for a long period now, and i think invest in ICO not so profitable now.
Uao
Copper Member

Activity: 216
Merit: 58

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:12:49 AM

I'd suggest you put only a % of your investment in highly speculative altcoins that show promise (good team, roadmap, milestones, documentation, regular commits, etc). The rest should go into BTC or BTC + ETH.

That way you get a chance to play the lotto and strike gold in 2-3 years but it's not the end of the world if you potentially lose that %.

Anywhere between 5-25% for alts and 95-75% BTC/ETH is a good ratio, at least for me.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:13:44 AM

In most altcoins, it's not worth it. But there are some projects out there that deserve a spot in a good long term portfolio in my opinion. Coins such as OmiseGO and Ark will have a bright future in this crypto market.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:14:09 AM

some of the altcoin will work for a long term such as ethereum, litecoin, monero, dash, zec and the other big altcoin. but for the other, it will work for short term only. for the short term, we can try to make a profit with these coins. if you want to invest for a long term, then you should take a look at top ten coinmarketcap list and you can start to buy when the price is down. you need to careful when you want to choose the coin because there are many things that you should check before you buy so you're investing in coins will work for a long term.
terrific

Activity: 2114
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:17:52 AM

Crypto's are truly volatile and you are right with that. What you need to do is look for those altcoins that has potential or those coins that are very popular like ETH. Bitcoin isn't the only coin that is good for holding or for long term investment. There are some other altcoins there, you just need to search and take time on studying it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:22:20 AM

long term investment in altcoin depends on what will be the future of that altcoin. many new altcoins in maket are pump and dump coin, once they are pump the dev sell hi all coins and ran away making a lot of money. So investment in such altcoins will give you loss. better read their roadmaps or whitepaper of that coin. presently if you need suggestion i will suggest you ripple to invest in it for long time.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
coinictus24

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:59:05 AM

I just want to buy some altcoins and holding for a long time,but now there are so many altcoins and i do not know buy which coins!
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:14:37 AM

If you are a low rank member you mist go with the lobg term alt coin because it helps you gain your rank by posting and posting buti if you are a sr. Member and up you can try short term alt coins so you can get your bounty in a short period of time
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:17:37 AM

It depends on the altcoin, but given that it is an altcoin, you really have a few options in terms of long term investments. Altcoins tend to be pumped a bit high then dumped back again in a short period of time, amd day traders ride on this trend and actually make decent profit. I'd say bitcoin is still the best for long term investments.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:24:20 AM

if you want to invest in the long term, I think you have to be extra in making decisions. Due in altcoin. anything can happen. The risk that you have to bear is quite high. but that's the challenge.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:46:11 AM

You're taking a bet with this because crypto can be worthless or worth a lot in the future. No one knows.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:03:07 AM

Investing for long term on altcoin I guest are profitable but it's hardly to predictable.
for altcoin I just recommend to buy ETH because it will going up until the early years 2018.
and for long long term invest, The bitcoin are still much profitable by many Hardfork on the next time.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:04:20 AM

Yes, there are altcoins that has high potential to increase in the future. Given the trend at the beginning of the year up to now, some altcoins have a good run and many become millionaires because of that run. In ethereum perhaps, price at the beginning of the year is around $8 while now, it is almost $500. Litecoin has a price of around $4 and even reach $100 few days ago that's why if you invested in alts that has solid foundation and feasible projects then it will have a good future. The two altcoins has still a good future and a possibility to rise in price because they are active and demand is going up as well.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:21:59 AM

Hold more good altcoins because not all altcoins can give you higher profit you still have to be careful. But yes investing in altcoins is really a good choice for long term because this is our future, good altcoins will surely pump higher, just do your homework so you will not loose money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: