Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost $10,000!  (Read 1360 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:01:48 AM

Seriously, I misplaced 100 $100 bills somewhere in my home. I hid it in case I needed it for a barn wood purchase ever since the bank limited my withdraws to $2,000 daily, and only if I give them a three day notice.

I've always maintained for the past few months I knew where I put it. I guess I'm losing my fuckin' mind. I know it wasn't stolen, ergo I falsely remembered where I stashed it.

It was pretty embarrassing when I didn't have the entire several grand to pay one of my pickers. Luckily, I was only one phone call away from getting cash from a friend to pay him.

Now, where the fuck did I hide a bundle of bills?

BTW, the same Sandwich bank was shut down because (how can I say this politely) the president stole money. Within 24 hours, the bank had new owners--Heartland.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:02:19 AM

How long ago did you hide it?

Try taking something the same size, pretend it's valuable and look for a place to stash it. Odds are there aren't that many places you'd hide something worth $10,000.

Still around.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:05:18 AM

Try removing the furniture to one side and slowly comb your entire house, hope you find your loot Smiley
torbank

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:07:21 AM

It's in the *other* hiding place.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:15:09 AM

Every time I lose something, I think "ok where's the last place I would put it, because I know that's a fucking dumb place and I would forget to look there" and voila!

Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:17:45 AM

Also, what's your address, and do you own a rottweiler?
Cyberdyne

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:18:55 AM

Every time I lose something, I think "ok where's the last place I would put it, because I know that's a fucking dumb place and I would forget to look there" and voila!

Haha and I thought I was the only one who kept my passport in the fridge.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:46:35 AM

Seriously, I misplaced 100 $100 bills somewhere in my home. I hid it in case I needed it for a barn wood purchase ever since the bank limited my withdraws to $2,000 daily, and only if I give them a three day notice.

I've always maintained for the past few months I knew where I put it. I guess I'm losing my fuckin' mind. I know it wasn't stolen, ergo I falsely remembered where I stashed it.

It was pretty embarrassing when I didn't have the entire several grand to pay one of my pickers. Luckily, I was only one phone call away from getting cash from a friend to pay him.

Now, where the fuck did I hide a bundle of bills?

BTW, the same Sandwich bank was shut down because (how can I say this politely) the president stole money. Within 24 hours, the bank had new owners--Heartland.

Been drinking mate?

syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:48:36 AM

at least its still in your house.
just leave it, things pop up when you not trying to look for it

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:54:21 AM

I know where it is. It's in the last place you'll look. First check the oven so you don't accidentally burn it. Then check you pockets, you may have "laundered" them in the washer.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:37:11 AM

Corner of Center and Castle in Sandwich, IL. Home of Trickie that barks at anything that moves.

Obviously!

You're not going to believe this, but I figured it out half through typing the word "obviously". Pocket of an obsolete winter coat I gave to the Goodwill. Seriously, it's still in the closet. Now, I need a different hiding place since I told everybody about it. Any suggestions?
Cyberdyne

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:13:49 AM

Corner of Center and Castle in Sandwich, IL. Home of Trickie that barks at anything that moves.

Obviously!

You're not going to believe this, but I figured it out half through typing the word "obviously". Pocket of an obsolete winter coat I gave to the Goodwill. Seriously, it's still in the closet. Now, I need a different hiding place since I told everybody about it. Any suggestions?

The other pocket. It has more than one pocket, right?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:18:42 AM

Obviously!

The other pocket. It has more than one pocket, right?

Actually, that's the first time I ever used a pocket. The only thing I can think of is that while penning "obviously", obsolete came to mind, enabling me to figure it out. It's amazing how the mind work.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:21:11 AM

um.. get a safe!

and make the password:  1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Grin

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:25:24 AM

I have a safe! Purchased it locked without a combo. It's never been opened since I owned it. Paid twenty bucks for it.

The last one I owned, I paid five bucks for it. After a couple years I couldn't stand it any longer so I pried it opened from the side only to find a business card and a couple other pieces of ephemera.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:39:32 AM

glad you found it!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:41:10 AM

glad you found it!

Honestly, I wasn't sweatin' it. A slight inconvenience/embarrassment, but other than that I laughed it off while it was yet to be found, knowing all the while it would be. Just didn't know when or where during the interim.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:48:47 AM

Tongue Now get a better hiding spot that you can be sure it's there when you need it. I remember my old grandmother loved to hide valuables in an old oven she seldom used...

*John remembers the day when he tried to bake some cookies and thought the tooth fairy gave him a $500 cash advance*
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:53:22 AM

Tongue Now get a better hiding spot that you can be sure it's there when you need it. I remember my old grandmother loved to hide valuables in an old oven she seldom used...

*John remembers the day when he tried to bake some cookies and thought the tooth fairy gave him a $500 cash advance*

I thought for sure you came here wanting to offer up your services as escrow.  Grin
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:55:19 AM

I thought for sure you came here wanting to offer up your services as escrow.  Grin

Tongue I have a forum life outside escrowing you know.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: