Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Metronome, an autonomous cryptocurrency with predictable supply  (Read 30056 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
luckykitty

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:24:03 AM

I am not going to be troll, but I want to know the answer.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luckykitty

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

Jeff Garzik is a scammer. Everybody invested Spacechain knows this.
komawei

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

There are creative ideas, but they need to be perfected, as you say there are similar auctions in the Netherlands that can be used for reference. But the real implementation is different, let alone the more complex code world.
MTNToken

Activity: 258
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:45:48 PM

There are creative ideas, but they need to be perfected, as you say there are similar auctions in the Netherlands that can be used for reference. But the real implementation is different, let alone the more complex code world.

Hello,

Happy to hear you like the concepts behind Metronome. Let's see if I can help explain how the auction will work a little better. So this is actually covered in the Owner's Manual, FAQ, and other supporting documentation. Auction mechanics are as follows: No traditional hardcap because of the descending price auction. The Initial supply auction will last up to a week, with 8 million MTN available for purchase. The starting price in the initial supply auction will be (an intentionally  high) 2 ETH per MTN, and it will descend by 0.0001984320568 ETH every 60 seconds toward its (intentionally low) floor price of 0.0000033 ETH, as long as the auction is open and there are still MTN available for purchase.

So market price is discovered via a descending price auction.

Should a purchaser deem a given price too high or unfair, they can wait for the price to descend to a level they agree with and purchase then -- provided there is supply left

You can read more about how descending price auctions (specifically the daily supply lots) work here: https://medium.com/@MetronomeToken/what-is-a-descending-price-auction-8c0770bb6a71

You can check out the quick glance price chart (for the initial supply auction) the team put out here: https://medium.com/@MetronomeToken/metronomes-initial-supply-auction-quick-glance-price-chart-c9132595871e

Thanks!
Corgo

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:44:01 PM

Hey, it's my first post on this forum. I made this account especially to ask you this question. I was just looking at Spacechain and it looks absolutely amazing. Why are you saying that Garzik scammed this project? Is there something that I don't know about? I will be grateful for the detailed explanation  Smiley
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:15:52 PM

So Jeff Garzik is a scammer because the Spacechain price went down like everything else? Give your head a shake. Spacechain is a great project.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:24:25 PM

If I understand correctly, who will participate last in the auction that will buy the cheapest coin, everyone will wait for the end.
MTNToken

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:10:57 PM

If I understand correctly, who will participate last in the auction that will buy the cheapest coin, everyone will wait for the end.

Hello,

Correct, the price descends with time. This allows purchasers to purchase at the price they deem fair, provided there is supply available at that price.

Thanks!
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:35:11 PM

which is the official metronome site because there are many scams and I want to know where they pay the token
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:05:48 PM

I didn't find the date of the ICO implementation, the sale was postponed? When about to expect an auction?
Demous

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

I didn't find the date of the ICO implementation, the sale was postponed? When about to expect an auction?

As of today, to ensure that Metronome is the best its authors can make it for launch, the guidance for the Metronome launch is May – the team has made tremendous progress to date and now have a better line of sight towards the finish line. The team wanted to provide an update on the progress they have made as they finalize the auditing and testing process and get it ready for launch.

From the email they sent out about an hour ago.
cheburash

Activity: 196
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:24:12 PM

New self-governance token? Lol.
 But i can use Decred for voting and staking, why I need to use your Token? Can someone explain what the difference between DCR and MTN?
MTNToken

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:48:48 PM

which is the official metronome site because there are many scams and I want to know where they pay the token

Hello,

The only official Metronome website is metronome.io

Thanks!
MTNToken

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:49:51 PM

New self-governance token? Lol.
 But i can use Decred for voting and staking, why I need to use your Token? Can someone explain what the difference between DCR and MTN?

Hello,

So the team actually put out a really helpful Medium post that covers this. I'll link it for you here: https://medium.com/@MetronomeToken/self-governance-as-a-design-goal-fc06afd61dd5

Thanks!
MTNToken

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:51:48 PM

Hello,

Target is for May, 2018. We will announce a 10 day countdown prior to the confirmed date.

Thanks!
MTNToken

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:52:49 PM

As of today, to ensure that Metronome is the best its authors can make it for launch, the guidance for the Metronome launch is May – the team has made tremendous progress to date and now have a better line of sight towards the finish line. The team wanted to provide an update on the progress they have made as they finalize the auditing and testing process and get it ready for launch.

Thanks for sharing this!
justdox

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:59:14 PM

I think it will be useful to many to familiarize:
https://medium.com/@MetronomeToken/launch-timeline-adjusted-new-target-of-may-9da56b86c7e3
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:07:40 PM

Thank you. it will be a different and beautiful ico. the team follows a variety of strategies. it's a project to make a lot of names.
Metronome's scheduling real life according to the code. Smiley
MTNToken

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:37:34 PM

Thank you. it will be a different and beautiful ico. the team follows a variety of strategies. it's a project to make a lot of names.
Metronome's scheduling real life according to the code. Smiley

Happy to hear you're excited and interested! We'll keep the community up to date as we continue to pressure test and ensure the quality of Metronome's code.

Willliam

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:50:23 PM

Tell me how will users be able to earn using your tokens? Good luck to the whole team!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: