Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How fast Bitcoin is spreading. [UPDATE]  (Read 1295 times)
edrich (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:55:44 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 05:40:17 AM by edrich

So today one of my teachers came to me after school. She and some of her colleagues talked about ways that they can invest their money and save up (as teachers in South-Africa aren't really paid well) one of them then mentioned Bitcoins and how Cryptocurrencies are showing very high growth. Then some or other teacher mentioned that I have some knowledge about Bitcoin (still have no idea how they knew that) But anyway long story short- Tomorrow I am doing a presentation for all my school's staff +/- 50 people about Cryptocurrencies, and then possibly to the whole school.
Yeah, just some short story I thought I would share, about a practical example of how Bitcoin is reaching the masses.
UPDATE: Thanks again for all the advice and motivation guys. The presentation went well, and in my opinion was a HUGE success. Although most of the staff had trouble understanding some of the technical aspects of bitcoin, they sure all understood when I showed them a graph of Bitcoins past growth  Grin I helped 6 teachers, including our Headmaster setup accounts on Luno (a local bitcoin exchange) and showed them how to buy Bitcoin from there, and gave two old Antminer U3's for our computer teacher (who was really fascinated with the blockchain and how it worked) to play with. The staff really seemed impressed with what opportunities bitcoin could bring to the table, and I spent nearly an hour after the talk answering questions and explaining some concepts. Of course I also mentioned some of the risks, like when I sent 0.4 Bitcoin instead of 0.4 Bitcoin Cash to Shapeshift and lost it all *facepalm*, the high transaction fees, and the fact that we can all wake up tomorrow to see our bitcoins worth trash(Highly doubt that would ever happen though) but in general, the response was really positive. NOW if of those 56 staff members, only 10 of them each tells 10 of their friends about bitcoin, we can get a snowball effect going in this area  Grin
Really excited for the way forward!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:59:19 PM

Congratulations on being chosen to give a talk about bitcoin. Your teachers obviously hold you in high esteem regarding your knowledge of the subject.
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:04:35 PM

Congratulations on being chosen to give a talk about bitcoin. Your teachers obviously hold you in high esteem regarding your knowledge of the subject.
Thank you, yes I am very excited, even prepared a powerpoint and everything. So glad I can finally talk to people about Cryptocurrencies, Back in 2015 when I first told my mom about it, she couldn't stop nagging about the fact that it is a big scam and the youth of today could be fooled so easily Roll Eyes, well i've been smiling all the way As bitcoin is now more than 20x it was then Grin
panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:14:41 PM

So today one of my teachers came to me after school. She and some of her colleagues talked about ways that they can invest their money and save up (as teachers in South-Africa aren't really paid well) one of them then mentioned Bitcoins and how Cryptocurrencies are showing very high growth. Then some or other teacher mentioned that I have some knowledge about Bitcoin (still have no idea how they knew that) But anyway long story short- Tomorrow I am doing a presentation for all my school's staff +/- 50 people about Cryptocurrencies, and then possibly to the whole school.
Yeah, just some short story I thought I would share, about a practical example of how Bitcoin is reaching the masses.

I think you should explain with the risks that can be faced anytime. not just from the benefits alone, many beginners see only from the profits but dont want the risks.

edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:18:52 PM

I think you should explain with the risks that can be faced anytime. not just from the benefits alone, many beginners see only from the profits but dont want the risks.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely tell them about the risks Wink
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:19:13 PM

Well, look how cool is that.
The spark just came from a talk to where they could put their money for investment and then Voila! Bitcoin came up. Thanks to the rising value that it shows.
I guess it is a loss for the Mutual Funds section.  Grin

It will be better that way. Just explain to them the perks of having a bitcoin.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:39:44 PM

Wow this is great, but seriously, how did they know that you were really involved with cryptocurrencies?

Maybe it would be great if you could tell it to us tomorrow how was that meeting, i think that you are going to get a lot of questions from all the teachers and from all the staff, bitcoin is not something easy to explain, and less if you are trying to explain it to people who are more than 40/50 years old.

Good luck with this, may i ask you how much is the minimum wage in there?

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
elie_s

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:54:52 PM

In the last couple of years bitcoin is spreading more and more people are familiar with it maybe becoz of the high numbers he's hitting and I'm sure It will.be global and familiar soonn

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:02:16 PM

Thank you, yes I am very excited, even prepared a powerpoint and everything. So glad I can finally talk to people about Cryptocurrencies, Back in 2015 when I first told my mom about it, she couldn't stop nagging about the fact that it is a big scam and the youth of today could be fooled so easily Roll Eyes, well i've been smiling all the way As bitcoin is now more than 20x it was then Grin
probably awesome just because you are entirely to do this for the sake of bitcoin but doing this for them to know and sharing knowledge i may salute you because on my country there is some that wanted that and i tech them too but they are not continuing to do cause there is a lot of online job that they want unlike bitcoin an easy way but they dont know that it was just a scam so its their choice so hopefully for some that you may share your knowledge about bitcoin they continue and adopt it.
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:03:53 PM

Wow this is great, but seriously, how did they know that you were really involved with cryptocurrencies?

Maybe it would be great if you could tell it to us tomorrow how was that meeting, i think that you are going to get a lot of questions from all the teachers and from all the staff, bitcoin is not something easy to explain, and less if you are trying to explain it to people who are more than 40/50 years old.

Good luck with this, may i ask you how much is the minimum wage in there?

Thanks, I will deliver feedback tomorrow Wink Minimum wage in the country is about $200 but if you mean for the teachers that should be $1500-$2000
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:04:17 PM

That is really nice. I mean now 50 more people will understand what bitcoin is, and will be introduced to other alt coins! I couldn't even imagine someone doing presentations in school about bitcoins few years ago, bitcoin has really become more popular than it was before.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:07:15 PM

Well, look how cool is that.
The spark just came from a talk to where they could put their money for investment and then Voila! Bitcoin came up. Thanks to the rising value that it shows.
I guess it is a loss for the Mutual Funds section.  Grin

It will be better that way. Just explain to them the perks of having a bitcoin.
Yes!!
Mutual Funds 0
Decentralisation 1
 Grin Grin Grin
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:09:57 PM

but seriously, how did they know that you were really involved with cryptocurrencies?
I once brought one of my Antminer U3's to school, to show to my friends, thats the only time I can think of that a teacher could've possibly heard about it, unless I have a stalker Cheesy Tongue Tongue
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:12:32 PM

Cool dude, I think it is you young guys that could bring Bitcoin more mainstream and a more widely accepted currency. Good luck with your presentation
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:14:29 PM

probably awesome just because you are entirly to do this for the sake of bitcoin but doing this for them to know and sharing knowledge i may salute you because on my country there is some that wanted that and i tech them too but they are not continuing to do cause there is a lot of online job that they want unlike bitcoin an easy way but they don't know that it was just a scam so it's their choice so hopefully for some that you may share your knowledge about bitcoin they continue and adopt it.
Yes I realised that lot of people believe this 700% return in a year kinda crap is a scam, and I guess I can't blame them,but with bitcoin being in the News so much, and lots of people talking about it, some or other time they should realise that it's not a scam, but a genius invention
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:16:24 PM

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and well wishes. I will do my best to represent the Bitcoin community in the best way possible!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:16:35 PM

Nice Job!
It is people like you that are helping bitcoin reach it's potential as fair money.

Thank you.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:19:25 PM

Bitcoin is spreading very far and becoming more visible in the society, despite most countries has not received it yet as a legal currency /material. Citizens of my country are on a daily basis knowing more about it and are investing into it.

[Congratulations to you and goodluck to your presentation/b]
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:19:30 PM

Very good story. I am also a student and, due to my knowledge of the bitcoins, I agreed on a mutual service for writing my graduation work. Knowledge for knowledge and this is the most expensive currency in the world.
edrich (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:21:41 PM

Very good story. I am also a student and, due to my knowledge of the bitcoins, I agreed on a mutual service for writing my graduation work. Knowledge for knowledge and this is the most expensive currency in the world.
It's great to hear of other young people that share the same passion that I have!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: