Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOKEN SALE] Theta Network - Next generation video delivery powered by you  (Read 30393 times)
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:41:47 AM

i heard that this project is doing the same thing with LLT, is this true? LLT now changed its name to SNET due to the China policy

I'm not familiar with LLT/SNET and not much came up on search - do you have a link where we can learn more?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:42:35 AM

I am some doubts about the vision of Theta...

Sometimes I think they want to provide a very efficient infrastructure that companies like NETFLIX or Youtube will use, but sometimes I think they want to be disruptive and give the power of distribution back  to the content creators, that now is in the hands of those big companies.

Hey Gorrion, the aim of the project is the former - we're creating infrastructure that any streaming site could potentially use.
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

hello guys,

very nice project i bought some theta token and would like more...

just have a questions, is there an official wallet theta in developement ? or wait the official platform to deposit on it ?

Right now, as an ERC20 token you can store THETA in any ERC20-compliant wallet like MyEtherWallet. When the native Theta blockchain launches, projected for Q4 2018, a Theta wallet will be released as well.

Ok nice thanks for your answer, that's what i'm thinking.
So my questions is, how will operate this blockchain "migration" ? there will be a new coin ?
Is my actual theta token ,exchange on huobi (on the ethereum blochain if i understood good), can be deposit directly on the new wallet (with the new theta blockcain) ?

Yes, there will be a migration where all the ERC20 Theta Tokens will be swapped for Theta Tokens on the native blockchain. Any THETA you purchase now, for example on Huobi, will be swapped for the native token once that launches.
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:19:52 AM

Some great new coverage of Theta Token and SLIVER.tv - really shows how the projects cut across some varied and exciting fields in tech, esports, and VR:

Sliver.tv raises $20 million in ICO presale to improve esports streaming (VentureBeat)

VR ESports Platform SLIVER.TV Closes $20m Private Presale Of Theta Tokens (VRFocus)

SLIVER.tv aims to take over the esports video industry (Esports Insider)
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:35:53 PM

Check out the first of CTO Jieyi Long's blogs on the technical development of the Theta protocol!

Building the Theta Protocol: Part I
drjeanjean

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:07:14 PM

hello guys,

very nice project i bought some theta token and would like more...

just have a questions, is there an official wallet theta in developement ? or wait the official platform to deposit on it ?

Right now, as an ERC20 token you can store THETA in any ERC20-compliant wallet like MyEtherWallet. When the native Theta blockchain launches, projected for Q4 2018, a Theta wallet will be released as well.

Ok nice thanks for your answer, that's what i'm thinking.
So my questions is, how will operate this blockchain "migration" ? there will be a new coin ?
Is my actual theta token ,exchange on huobi (on the ethereum blochain if i understood good), can be deposit directly on the new wallet (with the new theta blockcain) ?

Yes, there will be a migration where all the ERC20 Theta Tokens will be swapped for Theta Tokens on the native blockchain. Any THETA you purchase now, for example on Huobi, will be swapped for the native token once that launches.

thanks for the answers! i continue to bought theta token every single day Smiley
Mankov

Activity: 425
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:51:48 PM

will be swapped for the native token once that launches.

Get the Tokens swapped on Huobi or Okex automatically or do we have to send them to a theta-wallet?
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:56:30 AM

will be swapped for the native token once that launches.

Get the Tokens swapped on Huobi or Okex automatically or do we have to send them to a theta-wallet?

The procedure hasn't been established yet, but shouldn't be an issue to have the exchanges handle the swap based on other projects making a similar transition. We will have a live Theta wallet where you can make the swap too though.
Mankov

Activity: 425
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:05:25 PM

Samsung NEXT:
"Congratulations to our portfolio company @SLIVERtv360 for launching @ThetaToken blockchain. We are excited to work more closely with the team on the next evolution of the video streaming space."

https://twitter.com/SamsungNEXT/status/968190679888183296

vva113t

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:44:26 AM

today's podcast episode is featuring theta token! please enjoy!! www.cryptocurrencydaily.news  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
adz4life

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

Hi,

Would this community like to add Theta Token to the ADZbuzz Exchange?

The ADZbuzz Exchange is a unique crypto exchange built on top of the content discovery social media network ADZbuzz; it offers all traders the opportunity to earn their favourite coins daily as passive income.

To learn how that works please read the ADZbuzz Exchange Whitepaper here: https://adzbuzz.com/go?r=mb001589&lp=exchange-whitepaper

If this community would like to add Theta Token to the ADZbuzz Exchange then you need to vote for it to be added here:
https://adzbuzz.com/go?r=mb001589&lp=forum&u=https://forum.adzbuzz.com/forum/cryptocurrencies/announcements/16568-adzbuzz-exchange-coin-vote-get-your-favorite-coin-listed-on-the-adzbuzz-exchange

Currently, it has 0 votes.

You only get one vote per person, until the coin you voted is accepted onto the exchange. Then you would be able to vote for another coin and so on.

If you would like to see it get added, then make sure to cast your free vote!

Brad4005

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:27:23 PM

Any idea if a larger exchange will be used to buy the Theta Token - maybe Binance?
alchemy20

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:56:05 PM

https://youtu.be/OpQEVHVDg4M
adz4life

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:53:27 PM

Am I right in saying that a part from investors this coin/token will only be getting demand from advertisers who would like to buy this coin in order to pay content creators directly to advertise on their videos?

So this coin's demand will only come from investors and advertisers basically.

Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:30:20 AM

Am I right in saying that a part from investors this coin/token will only be getting demand from advertisers who would like to buy this coin in order to pay content creators directly to advertise on their videos?

So this coin's demand will only come from investors and advertisers basically.

Actually, the project will use Proof of Stake consensus due to concerns about the scalability of PoW in the context of streaming video. Besides the general requirement for caching nodes to hold Theta to earn staking rewards, the streaming sites we partner with and that build dapps on top of the Theta protocol will be incentivized to run their own caching nodes to strengthen the network, which will require holding Theta Tokens.
Theta Labs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:31:49 AM

Theta Labs launches the Blockchain Advisory Council, led by Steve Dakh

We're happy to welcome Steve Dakh to the team as advisor to the project and first member of Theta's Blockchain Advisory Council!
choubao0514

Activity: 113
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:31:42 AM

Theta Labs launches the Blockchain Advisory Council, led by Steve Dakh

We're happy to welcome Steve Dakh to the team as advisor to the project and first member of Theta's Blockchain Advisory Council!

Great news, theta has been listed on many big exchanges including huobi and gate, and the price pumped a lot yesterday, is that the reason for this pump? I do not know much about this new advisor.

adz4life

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 11:34:01 PM

I've added an intro for this token in the ADZbuzz Forum to introduce it to the ADZbuzz community:

https://adzbuzz.com/go?r=mb001589&lp=forum&u=https://forum.adzbuzz.com/forum/cryptocurrencies/announcements/17104-theta-token-next-generation-video-delivery-powered-by-you

Also it would be great if people vote for this token to be added onto the ADZbuzz Exchange. This coin still has zero votes on there. You can vote here: https://adzbuzz.com/go?r=mb001589&lp=forum&u=https://forum.adzbuzz.com/forum/cryptocurrencies/announcements/16568-adzbuzz-exchange-coin-vote-get-your-favorite-coin-listed-on-the-adzbuzz-exchange

The ADZbuzz Exchange has the potential to be huge because of its unique system that gives traders the opportunity to earn their favorite coin daily. So if Theta Token gets added onto the ADZbuzz Exchange traders will be able to earn that coin daily if they wish.

And lets face it the more exchanges this token is added on the better.

Unfortunately, I can't vote for it as I already used my vote on another coin before I knew about this one  Sad

nysefloortrader

Activity: 322

Ether Addict

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:54:25 AM

my mate has left  [inside] the lightning network, he said its a set up, and they are capping all crypto from mooning....there is a guy gunna get heavily involved in THETA.

He only wants in if the price goes to $500+ and they agreed, and signed an agreement,  so was no suppose to post this here, So please do not delete this post.

While this will not happen quickly, I do see that people will bag THETA [as my buddy has already said] and say, its crap, but no, apon this agreement you will see THETA go up and up and up and up and up.....like that, and go to $500 + so get ready!!!

i know you will laugh at this post, but this is real, its currently 0.17 cents so please time stamp this, and save this on your fridge, friends. History is about to made. I can say these guys inside the LIGHTING network are not who they are and the DCN [digital coin network] are all criminal doing deals with eachother. SO I give this about 99% of playing out.

have a nice day.

allowance1219

Activity: 134
Merit: 106

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:30:19 PM

my mate has left  [inside] the lightning network, he said its a set up, and they are capping all crypto from mooning....there is a guy gunna get heavily involved in THETA.

He only wants in if the price goes to $500+ and they agreed, and signed an agreement,  so was no suppose to post this here, So please do not delete this post.

While this will not happen quickly, I do see that people will bag THETA [as my buddy has already said] and say, its crap, but no, apon this agreement you will see THETA go up and up and up and up and up.....like that, and go to $500 + so get ready!!!

i know you will laugh at this post, but this is real, its currently 0.17 cents so please time stamp this, and save this on your fridge, friends. History is about to made. I can say these guys inside the LIGHTING network are not who they are and the DCN [digital coin network] are all criminal doing deals with eachother. SO I give this about 99% of playing out.

have a nice day.

It seems to be a good story, but I have a question for you, if your friend is very sure that the price of theta will be $500, why not you buy theta with all your investment. In my opinion, most valuable information should be controlled by less people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: