Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there Bitcoin-Millionaires and how do they act?  (Read 716 times)
Itcher (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:39:32 AM

Hi together,

I am new here, but I read a lot in this forum, and I think, the most important question regarding the price ist: how many bitcoins are out there?

Do you think, there was a large amount been lost?

Do you know, who has maybe one million Bitcoins? Do you think anyone has?

And how would you react, if you had? It must be terrible. You couldn't sell too much, because it would destroy the price. So you had to sell it in pakets, and every bigger paket, say, some thousand BTC, would smallen the price of the next, if no miracle would happen.
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:20:58 PM

Because the blockchain is like a public ledger anyone can view the BTC present at any address. Some have tens of thousands and their precise BTC values are similar. That possibly indicates they have the same owner. For example at one time I recall seeing a list with several addresses with values all ending in xxxxx.1337 BTC

Also you might want to have a look at http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ifl26/distribution_of_wealth_on_the_bitcoin_forum/

Of course a lot of people have lost a lot of money, and yes there will be millionaires. How do millionaires act? I have met of a handful in real life and they tend to be a little eccentric but they are likeable people. But there is no real way to tell online if someone is a BTC millionaire.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:24:59 PM

The ones that have outed themselves are confined to mental institutions now, so take from that what you will.
JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:30:09 PM

I think being a bitcoin millionaire is a little different than RL millionaires.

If you look at some millionaire poker players they still live with their mother and act like they are standard 9-5 guys.

legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:53:16 PM

Hi together,

I am new here, but I read a lot in this forum, and I think, the most important question regarding the price ist: how many bitcoins are out there?

And how would you react, if you had? It must be terrible. You couldn't sell too much, because it would destroy the price. So you had to sell it in pakets, and every bigger paket, say, some thousand BTC, would smallen the price of the next, if no miracle would happen.

Yes there are many bitcoin millionaires. Yes, a large amount of bitcoins has been lost from forgot passwords, sent to wrong address, etc. This only makes Bitcoins more valuable, however.

I highly doubt any one person owns 1 million bitcoins... That would be over 10% of bitcoins in existence.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Rippyzippers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:57:34 PM

10818 bitcoins and you're good to go.

And thats with terrible btc-e current values

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Donate: BTC:1EtqYNJruZBEQWxDcEFytro7R1PGULPAm8
Anonymous Masks for BTC!
George900

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:07:07 PM

They are probably in the Club!
TheShape

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:10:06 PM

When the bubble hit $200 a handful of people came forward as "Bitcoin Millionaires", If I remember correctly.

The same people probably made an extra $250,000k overnight as it got closer BTC to $250.

If they cashed out, Good for them. But if not, as previously mentioned, they are probably in a mental institude because it wasn't a pretty dive from there.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:27:24 PM

When the bubble hit $200 a handful of people came forward as "Bitcoin Millionaires", If I remember correctly.

The same people probably made an extra $250,000k overnight as it got closer BTC to $250.

If they cashed out, Good for them. But if not, as previously mentioned, they are probably in a mental institude because it wasn't a pretty dive from there.

Not bitcoin millionaires, but maybe (usd) millionaires ...  Roll Eyes
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:09:46 PM

The Winklevoss twins apparently own 1% of all the bitcoins there are. They were the ones who sued Mark Zuckerberg, claiming that Zuckerberg stole their idea to create facebook. The Winklevoss twins have also invested in the bitcoin payment processor, Bitinstant.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Tropical Rain

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:54:31 PM

You wont find BTC millionaires admitting they are, on here Wink
SteamSeller

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:57:00 PM

Hi together,

it is possible Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: