Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:24:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC be a major in college?  (Read 1715 times)
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:30:31 PM

In my honest opinion, I don’t think it would be a major course in college. I don’t really think tou need a full course to know and educate yourself about bitcoin and other ceyptocurrencies. Although it is nice to include it in one of the subjects though for future references and usage too.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:40:37 PM

Not specifically BTC but cryptocurrencies in general. You think it will become a course of study / college degree at some point?

At some point, I think universities will eventually embrace cryptocurrency and finally make something out of it through education and development. I'd like to see a future thriving with cryptocurrency masters and doctors. I can't wait to have grandchildren enjoy the fruits of cryptocurrency.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
chalbinov

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

The question is when, not if cryptocurrency will be commonly found as a subject in universities. This will of course happen when there has been a considerable saturation of use. Some have mentioned that it would remain in the realm of computer science or cryptography, not respecting the various aspects that the saturation of BTC in global markets would bring about. It would completely change economics as we know it, which last I remember was a very important subject offered in university. Hopefully by the time this has happened, the concept of unaffordable institutionalized higher education will have become obsolete as well.  Thank you BrewMaster for pointing out that courses have already become available in some locations.

MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:11:34 PM

I guess it could be thought to people in the banking and finance field since it will be a big part of their customers assets in the future. But as a major, I'm not so sure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: