Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigabyte-GA-H110-D3A Mining board SUCKS! Can't get 6gpu up and running  (Read 25602 times)
zot57

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:02:15 PM

I am trying to install Windows 10 on this board but it always stops installing right after blue windows logo appears. Any ideas how to solve this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
POD5

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

Keep smiling if you're loosing!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:04:33 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 09:35:03 PM by POD5

A friend of mine is having the same problem. Windows 10 64, updated. All the configurations done as indicated at https://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/462/mining.html

He's only using 3 NVIDIA graphic cards but only 2 work properly. The third one doesn't even start. All the connections seem to be ok.

First he was using different powered riser cards (6 pins) and didn't worked at all and now he's using 4 pins riser cards and only 2 from 3 graphic cards are working.
MaverickSSX

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:52:42 PM

Try this ... it worked for me to get all 6 cards working:

Reset the BIOS by removing the battery
Update the BIOS if you have not already (you can do this before or after the resetting)
Boot the os with 0 GPUs connected and change your BIOS settings to mining mode and use the onboard VGA (IGFX)
1 by 1 install the GPUs rebooting in between ... not sure this is necessary, but it worked for me

THis worked for me in SMOS (or linux), so I hope it works for you as well.  Basically what was happening is that there was a collision at the kernel level with this mobo trying to output video from card 1 and the IGFX because you may have booted the machine with a GPU installed int he 16x card slot.  At least that's what the system messages in the LInux OS told me.

Good luck mining ... especially after the ETH difficulty increase :-(
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:10:14 AM

Hi all, I bought this MOBO yesterday and it has Bios version F23, which does not have mining mode at all. Yet al the other settings suggested from Gygabite minisite are there.
I assume since BIOS F23 is more recent than (F22) which has mining mode. With this bios it may not need mining mode at all, or is somewhat already supported.

Any though?
Pastonia

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:46:19 AM

Hi all, I bought this MOBO yesterday and it has Bios version F23, which does not have mining mode at all. Yet al the other settings suggested from Gygabite minisite are there.
I assume since BIOS F23 is more recent than (F22) which has mining mode. With this bios it may not need mining mode at all, or is somewhat already supported.

Any though?

You might try to use the board any way. If it does not work, then flash it to F22.
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:31:24 PM

Any though?

You might try to use the board any way. If it does not work, then flash it to F22.
Thank you!
I actually tried that already and got an error message when I attempted to flash the BIOS with F22.
Maybe was a glitch, some mistake of mine or t just does not take older BIOS.
Anyway I am going to just try as you suggested and see what happens.
I want to use it with 4 Vegas.

Cheers.
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:30:02 AM

Any though?

Thank you!
I actually tried that already and got an error message when I attempted to flash the BIOS with F22.
Maybe was a glitch, some mistake of mine or t just does not take older BIOS.
Anyway I am going to just try as you suggested and see what happens.
I want to use it with 4 Vegas.

Cheers.

So....
My Mobo is actually H110-D3.   non A.
It has 7 PCI slots.

I have kept the F23 Bios which was already installed, so there was not Mining mode available.
I have set up the BIOS as per Gigabyte instructions on the Mining Minisite.
Then I  installed Windows 10 without problems, made all the usual Windows Mods for mining.
Installed 4 Vegas on the mobo on the first 4 slots.
Connected the monitor on 1 vega.
Started the Rig, unistalled previous drivers in safe mode which were previously installed by Windows automatically, since I had an old Nvidia 760 that I used for installing Windows 10.
Installed Blokchain driver.
Crossfire on registry was already disabled.
Applied Soft Power tables 1100 to registry.

Run Cast miner, at full hashing speed and without an itch for few hours now.

It was a very smooth process.

parkpop

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:15:37 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 09:44:17 PM by parkpop

Cost me a few hours but Gigabyte H110-D3A mobo is working with 6x GPU (AMD RX570). using Ethos version 1.29. getting about 160Mh. You must disable onboard VGA and connect monitor to GPU0. Enable mining in bios. Then it works...
bachani_rs

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:44:19 AM

Just an update for everyone using H110-D3A MOBO.
There is a new bios vF25a on the website: https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/462/mining.html
bachani_rs

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:47:05 AM

Cost me a few hours but Gigabyte H110-D3A mobo is working with 6x GPU (AMD RX570). using Ethos version 1.29. getting about 160Mh. You must disable onboard VGA and connect monitor to GPU0. Enable mining in bios. Then it works...

MOD your GPUs BIOS and at least use the following clock speeds: gpu 1150/ mem 2100.
You'll get around 175 mhs.
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:52:27 PM

I just found this post and hope that someone can help me please...
My Win 10 Pro 64 doesn't want to detect any of my 4 risers in any PCI-E. Any idea???

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946438.msg30262046#msg30262046

Martobtc

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:22:46 AM

I got this board and at first I had some trouble getting it running properly but this was my first ever rig. Had the same issue as many other people, after loading windows it got stuck on loading screen. But that's somewhat normal, it is detecting GPUs in the meantime, give it a few seconds up to a minute instead of hitting numlock capslock or trying different method to check if PC has frozen.

I plugged 1 GPU at first and set the bios settings properly (enable 4g, mining mode, gen2 etc etc) then installed video drivers and then restarted with 1 more GPU (wait to recognise it), then restart and plug one more (wait to recognise) and so on until you plug all 6 one by one.

The only issue I'm having is it won't force the video on the integrated graphics as long as there is GPU plugged in the PCI-E slot. I enabled integrated gpu in bios and chose it as primary display output, but still nothing. It either displays through PCI-E main slot, or just doesn't display video anywhere. Bios is updated. Also I got 2nd rig recently - exactly same config and mobo - same issue.

So do you have any suggestions what might be the problem? I really don't want to have my video output on one of the GPUs as it affects performance a little bit. Recently heard it might be causing instability with higher overclock which I encountered, it's not all the time, sometimes it's stable for hours, sometimes unstable after couple of minutes. Maybe it's because of the video being on one of the GPUs?
Rough_R

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 11:00:42 AM by Rough_R

For me works like a charm, I have two of them and no problem at all, have 6 pcs of Gv-1070 gtx on them.
Used uefi win and last bios.
try this https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/462/mining.html
Martobtc

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:01:41 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 11:50:41 AM by Martobtc

For me works like a charm, I have two of them and no problem at all, have 6 pcs of Gv-1070 gtx on them.
Used uefi win.
try this https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/462/mining.html

That's what I followed when I got it runing, but I was more focused on recognising and getting the 6 GPUs to work. I still couldn't get it to use integrated VGA instead. If I enable integrated graphics in bios and choose IGFX as primary display output, I lose both integrated and gpu and have to reset bios after that to get video signal. Have the same issue on 2nd rig with same config as I said. Doesn't seem like a deffective product.

Other than that, I use GPU0 for display, rig is working fine, mining is going well, it just bothers me that it's not right.  Undecided
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:49:35 PM

at the end I got it to work, I got scammed with the pack of 4 risers, received them dead :/
the mayor problem of the H110-D3A that I had, is the Mining mode that didn't want to load windows, don't remember how I solved it.
Martobtc

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:08:11 PM

at the end I got it to work, I got scammed with the pack of 4 risers, received them dead :/
the mayor problem of the H110-D3A that I had, is the Mining mode that didn't want to load windows, don't remember how I solved it.

Yeah I remember going through this as well. I think I had to load windows for the first time with Mining mode off, then enabling it after installing 1st GPU with drivers. Not sure exactly what I did but didn't take me long to go through. Even now after resetting BIOS, I have no problem with detecting GPUs or loading Windows. It's just my IGPU wont display anything for me. Cheesy
Untaledward

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:51:36 PM

I have a problem with this MB. I Connect one gtx 1060 in the 16x slot and I can't to see video don't show anything. Someone else have this problem?

baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:53:29 PM

Connect your monitor cable into the motherboard! Thats the first rule of mining..
#2 I hate all Gigabyte motherboards.. I was not sleeping for 2 days straight because those stupid mobos Cheesy

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Untaledward

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:06:51 PM

Connect your monitor cable into the motherboard! Thats the first rule of mining..
#2 I hate all Gigabyte motherboards.. I was not sleeping for 2 days straight because those stupid mobos Cheesy
I Connect my monitor and I see image, config all parameter how this line say but when I Connect de gtx don't recognize and I can't see anything
dodgertc

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:48:00 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 07:55:12 PM by dodgertc

Hi,

so i read through all this thread, got the same board and maybe a similar problem.

What do i use?:
- SMOS

What works:
-  Without any modification 5 GPU´s are being recognized out of the box

Whats the main issue:
 GPU´s in Slot 6 are not being recognized. GPU´s in M2 slot are not being recognized
2a. i had once a 650TI being recognized in Slot6 for whatsoever reason. But i could not reproduce it and it was (obviously) only a test card. (i dont use that for mining, its just laying around)

How do i try to fix the main issue:
- I replaced already riser, usb cables, power and tried with different cards. It´s not related. All works fine for itself but not as 6th card.
- Reading the conclusions of this thread i want to update the Bios. I got the latest bios ready on an USB Stick

Whats the issue to update the bios:
- I see the BIOS Gigabyte Splash screen and if i press "DEL" it stops there, but i cant get past it. Only the spash screen is displayed. I cant enter into the settings part of the bios. The monitor is attached over a VGA Cable (its an old 10" CRT which is fine for console display). Monitor is attached to GPU0 over a signal converterwhich is showing the splash screen.
If i dont press "DEL" it continues to boot (if i have the booting USB SMOS inserted) after the spash screen. If i pressed del as said it just hangs infinitely on the spash screen.

What did i try:
- I tried to reset the bios (with unplugged power cord), i tried to attach different keyboards (ps/2) but the keyboard remains responsiveness (num key) during all the process. i just cant enter inside the settings part of the bios.

Has someone an idea ? Its crazy in my  Farm i have like 0 issues with 0 ROI old low power, 4gig mem PC´s in which use 1-2 expander cards to get the them multi GPU ready. 0 issues on 6+ Card mining rigs using old underlaying hardware with enough pci lanes in combination with 1080ti´s, 1070ti´s and titanium Power supplies.

But oh irony with this dedicated piece of hardware which should work like a charm i have os far most of the issues. My goal is to run 7 GPU´s on it. 6 on the pci 1x and 1 on the M2 (using the white adapter i already installed).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: