Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:29:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigabyte-GA-H110-D3A Mining board SUCKS! Can't get 6gpu up and running  (Read 25611 times)
Alecsandro

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:56:53 AM

Yes, works nice, managed to start 8 pieces of  Rx-580. Only needed to reinstall drivers.

Right now you just using one adapter 1x to 4 pci-e and using 4x pci-e from the board or using two adapter 1x to 4x pci-e ? Any speed issues or have same speed like RX 580 are directly connected to the board ?
Rough_R

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:18:57 AM

Yes, works nice, managed to start 8 pieces of  Rx-580. Only needed to reinstall drivers.

Right now you just using one adapter 1x to 4 pci-e and using 4x pci-e from the board or using two adapter 1x to 4x pci-e ? Any speed issues or have same speed like RX 580 are directly connected to the board ?

At this moment I have one 1x4 adapter with 3 GPU, dont see any substential difference from other 5 GPU connected on MB, they all are from 30-31 MH/s.  I use adapter for 7-8 days, and it works nice , ordered only 1pt to see how it works
Alecsandro

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:58:14 AM

At this moment I have one 1x4 adapter with 3 GPU, dont see any substential difference from other 5 GPU connected on MB, they all are from 30-31 MH/s.  I use adapter for 7-8 days, and it works nice , ordered only 1pt to see how it works

I am waiting for this type of adapter 1x4 (pci-e 1x card) arrive but I am running now with 1 x 8 pci-e adapter (pci-e 16x card) and running some old amd cards (8x R7 370 2GB models), I just wanna know if add one or maybe two adapter 1x4 pci-e can running this motherboard with more GPU, like you I am just wanna see how it works all together.

Crypto Insomniac

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:48:47 AM

SOLVED IT!!

I am running a mining farm. I did not have the problem with 6x MSI RX580, not with 6x Gigabyte 1070 but I did have it with Asus RX580. I was running with 4GB memory. I just add 4GB extra memory and this solved the problem. It's as simple as that.
vistamasta

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:36:23 AM

I have so many problems with this board. Probably just bios fucking me over all the time. I have 3x 1060 3gb and 3x p106-100 mining

Can't seem to get to work with 6gpus at the time. All 6 of them work fine separately. But when I plug them in all together I am stuck at Windows logo screen and the loading circle keeps circling.

I have tried enabling 4g decoding and then I don't even get to the windows screen. I tried switching to GEN1 and GEN2 still nothing. I did Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support -> Enabled too.

Is there anything I am missing out? I once get them to boot with all 6, but then one GPU showed me following error: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12).

I restarted and added 4gb RAM and didn't get it up and running.

I have few rigs with asrock pro btc h81 r2.0 and didn't had a problem with them at all. Then there was a time I coudn't get any cpu for Asrock motherboard so had to buy this one..

Anyone with similar problems?

Hi, your problem same like me.
If you enable 'mining mode" your boot option priorities "blank". your HDD gone, right ?
it maybe your HDD is sata hdd, if you change to SSD or M2 sata , sure you get it in boot option priorities.
because sata hdd maybe cannot detect in UEFI mode.

i switch SSD , then OK. hope can solved your problem.

abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 2256

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 05:45:16 AM

My Board running 7 Nvidia GPU with 1x4 pcie adapter (5 gpu on MB and 2 gpu on adapter), sometimes my rig got BSOD (TDR failure) and the other times, everything look fine. But if only 6 GPU connected, it's running well without any issue (4 GPU on MB and 2 GPU on adapter or 6 GPU all in MB)

How much GPU can be run by this board smoothly, with 1 or 2 (1x4Pci-e adapter) ??

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Rough_R

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:37:59 PM

My Board running 7 Nvidia GPU with 1x4 pcie adapter (5 gpu on MB and 2 gpu on adapter), sometimes my rig got BSOD (TDR failure) and the other times, everything look fine. But if only 6 GPU connected, it's running well without any issue (4 GPU on MB and 2 GPU on adapter or 6 GPU all in MB)

How much GPU can be run by this board smoothly, with 1 or 2 (1x4Pci-e adapter) ??

I made maximum to work 5+4 VGA ( RX580 Nitro+), 4 on 1x4 pcie adapter. But I have another  adapter witch made me trouble, BSOD restarts blocks ...  same model as first, probably bad product. Works few hours and then start to play with my nervs  Cry   
Alecsandro

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:02:01 AM

The maximum here for this motherboard is 12 GPU using 8 pci-e adapter when I try with 13th GPU the motherboard don't boot, just power ON spinning fans and POWER OFF and then POWER ON again and repeat.

https://i.imgur.com/YnBtoZS.jpg
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 2256

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:46:16 AM

The maximum here for this motherboard is 12 GPU using 8 pci-e adapter when I try with 13th GPU the motherboard don't boot, just power ON spinning fans and POWER OFF and then POWER ON again and repeat.

it's look alike promising motherboard with 12 GPU running on system ... i will try this way, and hope everything can go smoothly.

Did you mixed nvidia and amd on your rig ??

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Zorg33

Activity: 144
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:33:25 AM

12 cards are working fine for me.
Rough_R

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:49:09 PM

https://i.imgur.com/YnBtoZS.jpg
what model of adapter you use ? manufaturer ?
Alecsandro

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:25:39 AM

it's look alike promising motherboard with 12 GPU running on system ... i will try this way, and hope everything can go smoothly.

Did you mixed nvidia and amd on your rig ??

I don't have nvidia at this time only old amd cards to test. I hope soon have some nvidia to mix/test.

what model of adapter you use ? manufaturer ?

I purchased from Aliexpress looking from the pictures are the same, but I can't be sure, from lspci in linux I got this:

PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8614 12-lane, 12-Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)

The PEX 8614 is chipset I think.

stevej

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:14:12 PM

When setting up the GA-H110 Installed the CPU and fan, plugged the GPU into the board for a startoff, got into bios fine and set the Gpu to pcie slot 1, turned on mining mode rebooted and it went into windows fine. I thought everything is ok..
Then turned off and put the gigabyte 1060 Gpu that was in the board onto a VER 009S powered riser.
Everything is on a single EVGA 1000 psu.
Rebooted and the CPU fan spun once then stopped and no post or boot.
Took the GPU out of the riser and plugged it directly into the M/b again.
Tried to boot again but its dead, no CPU fan starting, nothing - dead..

Any ideas on if I can reset the m/b, Have taken the battery out and shorted the cmos pins but still nothing.
The only thing that was different was it went onto a riser then M/B dead after that.
pgat3000

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:20:15 AM

When setting up the GA-H110 Installed the CPU and fan, plugged the GPU into the board for a startoff, got into bios fine and set the Gpu to pcie slot 1, turned on mining mode rebooted and it went into windows fine. I thought everything is ok..
Then turned off and put the gigabyte 1060 Gpu that was in the board onto a VER 009S powered riser.
Everything is on a single EVGA 1000 psu.
Rebooted and the CPU fan spun once then stopped and no post or boot.
Took the GPU out of the riser and plugged it directly into the M/b again.
Tried to boot again but its dead, no CPU fan starting, nothing - dead..

Any ideas on if I can reset the m/b, Have taken the battery out and shorted the cmos pins but still nothing.
The only thing that was different was it went onto a riser then M/B dead after that.

You fried the mobo and cpu by connecting the riser, either that or its the powersupply
stevej

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:20:40 AM

Yeah it was bad risers. VER 009s they were.
I got some of the ones I normally use today - VER 006c.
Another new mobo put them in as powered risers and works straight away. Its Mining now..
It was definatly the risers and they were installed as all the others I've done.
CPU and PSU were fine.
cowboycraig

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:19:39 AM

Check at bios setting, make sure you Enabled Mining Mode on bios setting

I'm used this Motherboard and work well on my rig
you can try Smiley

If I enable mining mode I can't get to windows. I just see gigabyte logo then black screen... Did you just enable mining mode and nothing else?

Have one of these and running version 25 of the bios. When Mining Mode is set, I don't get past this either. I just stopping selecting mining mode and all works "ok". Have issues getting this board to see 1070ti's with risers, but it does in the long PCI slot.
Zorrog

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:42:33 AM

I only use this board, i prefer to set it up manually, pci gen 2, primary video igfx, boot set to other os, 4g enabled, igfx enabled, ac always on.  It always worked.
Use the latest bios 23a.

You probably have riser or driver problems.

I have 3 of these boards and couldn't get the 6th GPU to work in Windows...struggled with this for a couple days until I saw your post. The BOIS settings you recommend did the trick, thanks for this!
thesunday

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 07:11:48 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2019, 07:23:27 AM by thesunday

This board is driving me nuts! I had big problems getting just 2x ZOTAC 1080GTX to run,but managed in the end by putting them in specific PCI slots. Now I have a extra 4 cards, but I never get more than 4 recognized (most of the time I get just 3).

Tried all the tips, running latest F25 BIOS. I need to enable CSM or my SSD will not boot on the SATA port.

Will sell the full rig out of frustration soon, but before I do, any final clues?

Help rewarded....

Did you solve your issues? I am having the same thing. 4 x RX580 are working fine. When I put the fifth after some time I got BSOD with video_tdr_failure and then the fifth disapears. I am trying to solve this more then a week now.

I tried pcie 1gen, 2gen, 4G enabled, other os, igpu primary enabled, vt disabled, audio disabled, you name it ...

PSU is Corsair HX1000i, 6 x risers x1 with 6-pin to SATA, 8GB RAM, 18000-50000 GB virtual RAM, claymore's latest 12.0, latest adrenalin drivers, latest Win10 updates. GPU's RX580 with Samsung memory and one micron with gpu undervolt with cca 80W chip power output and memory overclocked, no memory errors in hwinfo, bios is the latest v25 ...

One more thing, I connected wires to power pins to turn the machine on. AC power is on enabled. However, when I turn it off on the PSU switch and turn the switch on it doesn't start automaticaly. I have to short connect the wires from power pins. What am I doing wrong to be able to turn it on without connecting power wires?
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 06:02:27 PM

buy my boards:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5056063.msg47200685#msg47200685

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 07:28:37 AM

Dear miners to reply this i registerd to forum
Because i read this all and i will say to you guys why you not telling the secret?instead telling 1 or 2 word you can help if you are really want to do that.
Ok let me put it right with this mobo.mobo is ok doing it is job.Big secret is CONNECT 12V TO MOBO BOTH OF THEM MUST BE CONNECTED to PSU other wise you will have problems.maybe gigabyte economy on pcb and didnt take care good supply from 24pin.
After that you can you mining mod enabled or disabled it doent matter, you must configure correct what you will use.onbord video or pci 1 video.choose what you need and start mining freely.and connect your monitor onboard or pci1 which you prefer and dont tell there is no video.
Good luck and thank you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: