Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:06:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM [AIRDROPs] ⚡  (Read 1094 times)
david13D (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:00:09 PM

what is the best method to know SCAM [AIRDROPs] Huh PROJECT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:39:26 PM

almost all of them is scam and just want to take money from investors thats why they created a token .  i suggest not to invest in any of them if you are investors try to find a legit project.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
david13D (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:46:21 PM

Smiley Thanks bro .But i look for a way to reveal this cheating  Huh Cool
Awnar

Activity: 230
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:12:50 PM

Some airdrops are scam so beware when you're clicking a link within their OP, might be a virus or whatsoever. Remember also if they're asking for a donation, think twice before doing it so. Recently I saw newbies creating an airdrop disguised by a donation, or a scam attempt. Be vigilant in joining an airdrops.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:34:14 PM

almost all of them is scam and just want to take money from investors thats why they created a token .  i suggest not to invest in any of them if you are investors try to find a legit project.

That is pretty unfair for you to say. First of all, the OP is asking about AIRDROPS, not ICOs/investments. So there is no money to be taken from investors in airdrops.

Secondly, airdrops have been good and legitimate means for coins to promote themselves and ensure wide distribution. Look at Stellar Lumens and look at Byteball (GBYTE). Both are respectable altcoins with growing community, and not a single satoshi ever asked from their users. Of course, majority of new airdrops now are either useless or want your email or wallet address to try and do funny things with them. But do not let 99 bad apples ruin the 1 good apple Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:56:27 PM

it is difficult to distinguish nowadays that airdrop is like a daily thunderstorm, but the airdrop scandal is mostly unclear about their project from white papers and websites.
strange again sometimes airdrop ask for donations to the members who want to join in it window like this I suggest do not join them just want to take advantage of all that because I have repeatedly joined this airdrop after in coin market they are cheaper than the amount on donation ...

SKRAAA

Activity: 72
Merit: 16

THE THING GO SKRAAA

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:21:08 PM

Maybe we could start a list of scam airdrops where developers just collected your info like email, twitter and so on and than they didn't distribute coins or they did but abandoned the project soon after.

The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
david13D (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:55:43 PM

Thanks friends good ideas  Smiley Smiley Smiley I am waiting more info...
Leeke

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

Website link - Bitcoin Unicorn

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:55:58 AM

None of the airdrops are going to say straight up "I'm a scam - buy my shitcoin/shittoken and I'll give you nothing muhahahah!"

Some have a obvious flags of unprofessionalism, and others are just out to steal from you using sophisticated techniques. But the S word isn't something to throw around for everything that doesn't work out.

Some airdrops will never pan out as the idea behind it never gained traction, for whatever reason, and others just might not of had a good enough idea for anyone to believe in in the first place.

Look for things that don't appear very professional. Spelling mistakes for me annoy me immensely in marketing of any kind. Everyday talk, yeh thats fine, but if a project wants me to give them money of any kind then they can take the effort to proof read. Also an airdrop should not be the first thing an upcoming ICO does. First up they should have a relatively well thought out and professional looking website at the least, and some support contacts, and a basic roadmap. The creation of the token for airdropping should not be needed to be created until well after they've got their idea off the ground. If it all looks like it was hashed together over a beer the night before its probably not going to get far is it.

Airdrops that require you to send GAS are not really an airdrop. Its worse if you have to sign up and send all your details to find out the last thing to do before you receive your tokens is to send us some GAS because our project is sooooo legit, we want small inconsequent amounts from as many idiots...suckers... new community members as we can get! Some use this option under the guise of "Anti-Spam signups"... If they want to protect themselves from spam sign-ups I'd like to protect myself from scam airdrops. So I avoid these and advise people about them as best I can so people can know before they sign up what is required.

Airdrops that ask for a novel of your information to sign up... I'm talking about needing more than the obvious ones here as most airdrops ask for names, emails, BTT, Telegram & Twitter handles and MEW addresses. I mean the ones that want your ID, or just anything you are not comfortable sharing. Then don't share it. It might not be scam but if it feels like a violation of your interests or security. Just say no.

And make sure you are running anti-virus/malware protection if you are worried about scamlinks always. And always watch out for phishing sites for MEW/ED etc.

Most likely this is written somewhere in a more official post by someone higher ranked - but the above is how I'm trying to operate right now and just remember to use an AIRDROP mew or metamask that only has a bare minimum ETH in it. Don't freely post any address that holds your life savings for someone to check out and be determined to drain.

Nboramir

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:27:46 AM

If you look at it, it's all fake. so far there has been almost no return, and the ones that were absolutely worthless.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:01:17 PM

Maybe we could start a list of scam airdrops where developers just collected your info like email, twitter and so on and than they didn't distribute coins or they did but abandoned the project soon after.
Until now i have never seen any ICOs doing what you suppose. The only distrust among members is that some ICO developers are not able to manage the project efficiently and this results the token putting in lesd demand. So far i have participated nemerous airdrops and i have never been scammed they as you think. Of course some tokens don't give you good profits but many have good potentials and they last longer
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:18:02 PM

Methods? Then your awareness is just a simple stuff that would help you out and determine which is a scam project or airdrop. Research up things and if you do find that its somehow fishy and doesnt have a clear roadmap or plans then better doubt on it but since you do talk about airdrops then it does mean you are not risking something or money since we dont invest we are just making task or required informations for us to join on these drops.As long they are not asking too much personal then each airdrop is worth trying to join on but dont expect too much from them since most of those coins are just total crap.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:47:45 AM

Scams are everywhere not only on airdrops, even on bounty campaigns there is a scam ,they will make a pre ico sale and when its succeed dev and team are gone in an instant.

mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:20:00 AM

check if they have roadmap and whitepaper as long they can not provide one ,you will say that its already a scam.  You must also check thier team they truly exist and not just only a fake details.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:31:21 AM

If you can see that the OP in the airdrop is requesting for a donation for verification purposes then that is a red flag for me. It is hard to really determine if an airdrop is a scam or not because some are just genuinely offering free coins to introduce it to the community. I know that with the airdrop announcements every now and then, it is not impossible that there is a scam airdrop just to get some information or donation from people but there are some who are legit because I myself join some airdrops too and receive the tokens so some of them upon being listed in an exchange, the developers just dump their coins while others are genuinely doing some development in their projects and the prices shoot up as well.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:21:27 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 06:04:49 AM by Mystica101

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2403839.msg24658419#msg24658419

Maybe you can check this one and see for yourself someone makes a thread about it. This helps me alot on how to distinguish which airdrop is scam and legit one.
ninis45

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:20:39 AM

There's been a lot of airdrop scams and airdrop managers just leaving, it's hard to tell the difference. I have never participated in an airdrop that is not clear and one day I tried to join the airdrop of white paper, wabsite and team is not clear, but after ditribusi very nice tokens exchanged its shares while airdropnya is clear it is only 0.002 that I get.

sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:26:10 AM

There's no way to know if those airdrops are scams.  All of them looks the same when it comes to airdrops.

Knowing who are the scams is hard to do. Even how hard you try to do some deep research that's not enough.

But if the devs are busted and familiar for scamming, you can figure it out that airdrop is scam.

david13D (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:28:04 AM

thanks friends good info  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:44:53 AM

Know the purpose of the project usually scam airdrop only has a standard purpose such as ==> Bitcoin on Ethereum, Litecoin on Ethereum or Other

Avoid Airdrop that require donations! Airdrop scams usually require donations from participants and it has violated the notion of Airdrop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: