Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your position on US Bitcoin Regulation:
FOR - 54 (30.7%)
AGAINST - 122 (69.3%)
Total Voters: 176

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US BITCOIN REGULATION "FOR" or "AGAINST"  (Read 6259 times)
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:35:33 PM

Your post reads like:

"I'm a 13 year old white kid who lives in California". - cryptoanarchist

Wrong again. I'm much older and grew pot in Michigan when it was a felony. I'm not a slave like you.

I'm grumpy!!
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:38:02 PM

Your post reads like:

"I'm a 13 year old white kid who lives in California and my daddy lets me drive his BMW up and down the driveway".
   - cryptoanarchist

amirite?

Not even close. Shows what you know. But what should anyone expect from the stunted mind of a hapless peon?

I'm grumpy!!
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:40:11 PM

I'm much older and grew pot in Michigan when it was a felony.

So you've been burned by the system and are mad at it, I get that.

http://norfolkdailynews.com/news/national/feature_national/marijuana-s-march-toward-mainstream-confounds-feds/article_db0b5678-e0cb-11e2-8a1f-001a4bcf6878.html

Entrench it in your home state and the feds can't do shit.  It's easier than living in a lawless society.  I don't relish MadMax's world.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:46:07 PM

It's like watching an episode of Mad Magazines Troll vs Troll. lol

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:47:29 PM

I'm much older and grew pot in Michigan when it was a felony.

So you've been burned by the system and are mad at it, I get that.

http://norfolkdailynews.com/news/national/feature_national/marijuana-s-march-toward-mainstream-confounds-feds/article_db0b5678-e0cb-11e2-8a1f-001a4bcf6878.html

Entrench it in your home state and the feds can't do shit.  It's easier than living in a lawless society.  I don't relish MadMax's world.

In Colorado it's completely "legal", but your masters still won't allow people to sell edibles without spending thousands on a commercial kitchen, or allow you to grow without spending thousands on permits.

They only made it legal for connected people, and only made it harder for the average guy to profit.

As far as smoking it goes, I'm not sure what you're celebrating. You still can't legally smoke in public anywhere in USSA, and you can easily smoke in your own home even in Texas - so nothing has really changed.

I'm grumpy!!
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:19:58 PM

Viceroy,

Do you have to derail every thread you participate in???!!!

This is about on BITCON regulation.  (NOT REGULATING THE PROTOCOL) the but specifically the recent guidance handed down by FinCEN here in the US as it pertains to converting between fiat and bitcoin and transmitting value over the bitcoin network.

Thanks.
Viceroy

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:41:46 PM

I'm not trying to derail anything.  I'm trying to tell a poor homophobic sole that in Colorado we can most certainly eat edibles but he is correct that just like the food industry there are very serious consequences for operating an unlicensed food manufacturing company.  The result of regulation in Colorado has been to reduce crime and increase the tax base.  Many people would argue that the regulation and taxation of marijuana saved Colorado from the bankruptcy so many states are facing.

Regulation is good.  Ralph Nader advocated for tougher automobile manufacturing regulations and now it is less likely that a Ford will kill you by spraying gasoline all over the passenger compartment in a crash.  

Breaking the law is bad.  Almost always.  (Except Ghandi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

It's really comes down to whether you want to be a part of a society or live in cave like the anarchist is proposing.

You find this off topic?  
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 06:51:31 PM

Breaking the law is bad.  Almost always.  (Except Ghandi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

That's just it, isn't it?

Laws are good - murder being illegal means less chance of me being murdered.... or does it? Shouldn't I be able to rely on the fact that I won't get murdered because I don't steal/murder/scam? Even though there is a law against murder, people still get murdered.

What about PRISM et al? They are 'lawful', in that they may follow the letter of the law, but is that a law that society got to choose, or something that was 'thrust upon them for their own good'?

Now about Ghandi, law-breaker and rule-flaunter, lock him up? Right?

Laws exist in this age because trust, reputation and honor do not.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Viceroy

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:52:35 PM

Do you honestly think there was a time when trust and honor existed?  When was that?

No.  People who murder, or do crank, don't care about the law.  I never said lock Ghandi up but if the British had not locked Ghandi up it is quite possible they's be colonizing Syria right now.  (Now it's our job to colonize Syria because the evil bastard that is standing against democracy may be using chemical weapons against his people).

Laws cannot govern morals today, or ever, because immoral people do not abide by the law.  What laws do is allow a definition of an action and then the law defines the punishment for a person who does the action the law is trying to prevent.  Do not think that I think law is a panacea or that the drug war can be ended because the US government may want it to.  Law has limits because people can choose to ignore it.  

I live in a society and we in my society agree to follow the laws or we agree to change them.  If we cannot we find another place to live.  If you want to launder money go find a government you can control.  If you want to launder money in America you need to be at least as big as HSBC.  

threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 08:02:08 PM

So laws a) don't work in preventing x act and b) if you can 'afford' it you can break them with no repercussions, why is it you support them? Do you support a system where regulations only apply to some, not all?

Who is 'our' in the Syria context? Is it not the Syrians job to fight and everyone else not to fuck with them?

This probably off topic. Replies on a postcard please...

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 08:21:07 PM

I'm in the UK, I don't want the damn US regulating Bitcoin.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Viceroy

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:13:55 PM

Then build the biggest economy in the world and you can regulate it instead.  Oh wait, 1776.  Sorry you don't like OUR taxes George, maybe you should start a tea party?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 11:49:06 PM

I understand the people that say "agianst" but if we do this the US will just forbid all bitcoin transactions and then nearl all US deposits. Thats a huge (price) impact.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:03:25 AM

Then build the biggest economy in the world and you can regulate it instead.  Oh wait, 1776.  Sorry you don't like OUR taxes George, maybe you should start a tea party?

WTF?

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:13:48 AM

I think you're the one who sounds like a 13 year old. A gay one at that.

I'm grumpy!!
Viceroy

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:18:26 AM

Then build the biggest economy in the world and you can regulate it instead.  Oh wait, 1776.  Sorry you don't like OUR taxes George, maybe you should start a tea party?

WTF?

What was unclear about that I thought that was obvious?

In 1776 America beat England in the American Revolutionary War because Americans did not want to pay taxes to King George of England.  I was suggesting that people in the UK who do not want to be regulated by the US have no right to that opinion because they lost a war where the US left the colony structure and became a free country.

Thought that was obvious.

I was thinking I could have said that if he doesn't like being regulated by the US he should blame France because without France the USA would be a colony of England.  Of course without the US all of Europe would be the country of Germany....  You like that idea crypto anarchist?

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:00:17 AM

You like that idea crypto anarchist?

I'm more curious how old you actually are to respond. If you're a teenager who went to public school, then your naivety is excusable. If you're in your 30s or older, then I really don't want to waste my time.

I'm grumpy!!
peapodamus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:19:43 AM

AGAINST - We have enough rules already
United States
Viceroy

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:17:28 AM

I'm more curious how old you actually are to respond. If you're a teenager who went to public school, then your naivety is excusable. If you're in your 30s or older, then I really don't want to waste my time.

Gay and Fag are the "enlightened" words you brought to the forum today.  Leaping to the conclusion you are a white homophobe is obvious.  It is also not a stretch to think you might hang around with other intellectually challenged people like white supremesists. Please don't waste your time trying to come up with a retort.  Just try to keep in mind that in mad max's world nobody made it to 30.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 05:20:34 AM

33 for are you kidding me Huh

against BTC Regulation

from USA

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print