Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do the name affect to the price???  (Read 641 times)
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 04:59:48 AM

Name matters but it does not effect the price of the coin. Coin get price for its project and promoters.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
mark_salcedo618

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:00:03 AM

the name is a great impact to the mind of everyone. not only to its vision or platflorm but also on what is the name of the coins. this is not applied only to coins but also from other companies who's adding an attractive word to their name and it builds the interests of those who will read it.
reztava

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:05:04 AM

this is often the case with altcoin already successful in the market and this also has been accustomed to get praise from many users of this bitcointalk account.
but I think all those coins will not be like now if the bitcoin itself does not show up.

[tengah]  [url = https: //auditchain.com/] ━━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━ JAMINAN NYATA-WAKTU. SATU BLOK PADA WAKTU ━ ━━ ━━━ [/ url]
[url = https: //exmarkets.com/launchpad] ◄► IEO di EXMARKETS ◄► [/ url] [url = https: //exmarkets.com / launchpad] ● ● ● AUDITCHAIN ​​● ● ● ◄► 14 Juni ◄► [/ url]
[url = https: //bit.ly/31jYxti] ⟨┃ WhitePaper ┃⟩ [/ url] ● [url = https: // t.me/Auditchain_Community[Telegram[/url] ● [url = https: //www.reddit.com/r/Auditchain] Reddit [/ url] ● [url = https: //www.linkedin.com/company/ auditchain] LinkedIn [/ url] ● [url = https: //medium.com/@AuditChain] Sedang [/ url] ● [url = https: //www.facebook.com/auditchain/] Facebook [/ url] ● [url = https: //bitcointalk.org/index.php? topic = 5041997.0] ⟨┃ Umumkan ┃⟩ [/ url] [/ b] [/ center]
gjtnwls1

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:18:27 AM

I think it does. Antshares was changed to NEO, and since then they are doing pretty good.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:24:34 AM

No. It still depends on the project implementation and the conceptualization of the said project. It may have a little advantage but nonetheless, the way the project is handled and its reputation affects the price.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:27:09 AM

The name can really affect prices, such as bitcoin cash, bitcoin diamonds, bitcoin gold, which capitalize on bitcoin's reputation to increase market capitalization, so the naming of a coin is also important.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:30:31 AM

I would say yes, it can affect the price, but not significantly.
Some coins have absolutely terrible names that make it sound like a joke coin but it turns out it's legit, like insane token or unobtanium.
These ones are in no means great but they are legitimate projects albeit with very small communities surrounding them.

Then there are all the bitcoin forks and their silly names: bitcoin cash, gold, silver, diamond, red, yellow, blue, rainbows and unicorns or whatever.
I think these definitely work against them, no one takes them seriously because they are just wannabe bitcoins.

Then there's ones where the dumb name doesn't seem to affect it at all.
Like Ethereum.  I mean, it seems normal now but at first I though that was such a pretentious stupid name.

But in the end, it is really the use, success of the project, and supply and demand of the marketplace that are the biggest factors in determining price.

Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:32:24 AM

From what I've seen so far, Bitcoinnect and BitcoinCash have high price on market. I've just wonder what if these project had different name, i mean without "Bitcoin" inside, then people will know these coin? will these coin have today's price?
If yes, maybe it's a chance for EthereumClassic(ETC) now? because ETH raise so fast, people-who miss the ETH train will see some hope in this coin with "Ethereum" inside the name??? Now price on coinmarketcap is $18.5

Name does help.

For example, i would rather own "monero" than "bitmonero" or "omni" instead of "mastercoin". However, i don't think that reusing bitcoin's name really makes a coin any more special. Naming would probably account for around 10% of the coin, with the rest being development and community.

These coins you've mentioned are all forks of bitcoin/ethereum. Thees have value mainly because of the people behind these projects.

I also observe that their are many redicoulous ICO's and even tokens. But sometimes their are bad names but ends up being successful whilst those that has good name ends up in nothing.
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:35:35 AM

The current coin market, investment quality ico project is still very profitable, such as the recent oracles, kankex and next month's Bitcoin based smart contract rsk will start, so if I can invest part ico.

reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:38:08 AM

The name can really affect prices, such as bitcoin cash, bitcoin diamonds, bitcoin gold, which capitalize on bitcoin's reputation to increase market capitalization, so the naming of a coin is also important.

This is all the hard fork coin that can have the similar name starting from bitcoin and rest follows. But other altcoin which is created cannot have bitcoin as a name and has to be unique as that cannot get the leverage of bitcoin name in their coin's initial. So yes along with name more the team, coins details, its usability will matter in altcoins.

Bitman86

Activity: 263

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:59:39 AM

Yes, it has influence but very small, I am sure it is less than 4%.
The name is necessary to differentiate a thing from something else, but the name does not do the thing itself.
In the same way that the name of a person does not make the person, the person makes his name important or not.
If football player Lionel Messi changes his name can he improve his contracts? Obviously not.
It is very clear that the improvements must always be made in the important aspects,
and here a long list of aspects of the project continues until we arrive, perhaps in the last place, to the name.

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:09:02 AM

Yes name effects for sure recent e prefix airdrops era started in that lots of coins named ebtc , Eltc , ebch some of the evoking really given good profit after seeing the value after I sold this coins . I understand one thing this coins sold only because of name nothing else I got few bucks in my pocket.
JamesIV

Activity: 238

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:49:06 AM

Yes, I totally with your view. There are many investors who are lack of information. They sometimes buy because of the name. I think this is very dangerous for them. They are easy to lose their money

geraldgold

Activity: 64

to the moon

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:58:25 AM

it's like brand name. simple is better.

keep it up.
htsz_da12

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:59:49 AM

Of course, the name can influence the price of a coin. Many coins have newer names or reference other coin names such as bitcoin diamonds, bitcoin gold, etc., as well as stratis and strats, which are easily appealing to purchase.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:32:18 AM

This is what's on my mind too, since they are putting the tag name of "bitcoin" on their coin it makes them popular. The same goes with Ethereum, Ethereum classic. But it's not totally the whole reason why these coins/split coins has a good price. They are upgraded and has their own features that allows them to gather many investors that adds up to their market cap.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:51:09 AM

From what I've seen so far, Bitcoinnect and BitcoinCash have high price on market. I've just wonder what if these project had different name, i mean without "Bitcoin" inside, then people will know these coin? will these coin have today's price?
If yes, maybe it's a chance for EthereumClassic(ETC) now? because ETH raise so fast, people-who miss the ETH train will see some hope in this coin with "Ethereum" inside the name??? Now price on coinmarketcap is $18.5
Yeah the name has a great impact on the market growth. Since Bitcoin is on top of all crypto currencies, people trusted on the name more than bitcoincash and bitconnect projects and the teams strength. I would say,  70% of their growth comes duo to the name, then the rest falls on their projects and teams.
Herlina

Activity: 406

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 08:55:15 AM

I think the name only gives small effect to the price. Bitcoin Cash has a high price because it is supported by big investors so that demand grows
EthereumClassic has been around since 2016 but the price is still $ 20 and it proves that the name does not have a big effect

krdcwplgf

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:03:40 AM

I think the name only gives small effect to the price. Bitcoin Cash has a high price because it is supported by big investors so that demand grows
EthereumClassic has been around since 2016 but the price is still $ 20 and it proves that the name does not have a big effect
The ETC was an accident, and if POLO was not traded on the ETC / BTC, none of us knew of getting a free coin for the moment after bifurcation. In a sense, this is a bad thing, it caused the current difficulties in the BTC, everyone wants to further crush BTC's profits, and no further regard to the future potential of BTC was further digested and sacrificed overdraft. Of course, still need to see the strength of the development team.
caeles

Activity: 304

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:06:22 AM

There are lots of selling techniques to have a higher sales and having a good and attractive name is one of them. If the name attracts the costumers or buyers the demand will be high but the price will high if the supply is low. I think the name is slightly affects the price of the certain cryptocurrency but it needs a good project and the other selling techniques. If the cryptocurrency reach the highest demand, I think it will boom the price. Name affects the price but it should be accompanied by other techniques to make a cryptocurrency successful.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: