Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:01:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC possibilities, $25 + 1/4 of BTC ?  (Read 631 times)
Tropical Rain (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:37:35 PM

I am new to the forum, but have been invested in BitCoin before it was worth $5 each.

I am a supporter of LTC as well.
 What are your aspirations, concerns or thoughts on LTC over the next year?

LTC being the only valuable alt. at this time to BTC, and only improving on some of BTC's flaws, I see no reason for LTC to be a quarter of BTC's value, $25 atleast.
 Im not saying LTC follows BTC because it does not, Ive seen BTC go down as LTC went up and vice versa..... With LTC heading to MtGox, it will get into a more populated market and outreach to more people in the crypto community which will also help drive the price up, we know this. But we should also focus on mining and getting invested in LTC, getting it now while it's cheap, it'll surely make us all some money in the near future.
TradesLikeAPotato

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:46:32 PM

$25 dollars is assuming the market is exactly the size of bitcoin, which is unrealistic. Let's say there is 10% the amount of fiat in LTC as there is in BTC, then take 1/4 of that since there are 4 times as many LTC as there are BTC, and you end up with 95*.1*.25 = 2.375. That's about where we are now. LTC will never surpass more than 25% of the price of BTC unless it surpasses it in market size.
Tropical Rain (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:50:50 PM

$25 dollars is assuming the market is exactly the size of bitcoin, which is unrealistic. Let's say there is 10% the amount of fiat in LTC as there is in BTC, then take 1/4 of that since there are 4 times as many LTC as there are BTC, and you end up with 95*.1*.25 = 2.375. That's about where we are now. LTC will never surpass more than 25% of the price of BTC unless it surpasses it in market size.
But the thing is that market cap, or coin cap has nothign to do with its value... very little sure, but when your talking about the market cap for both BTC and LTC, it dosent matter.

If enough people were interested in LTC, it could rise to the same value as BTC, just a fact, that is if more people got into LTC than are into BTC, so its possible. However, highly unlikely, but you cannot factor in that argument.
bailmeout

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:59:51 AM

If I had a lot of Litecoins, I would probably trade them for Bitcoins:)
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 03:16:48 AM

I am new to the forum, but have been invested in BitCoin before it was worth $5 each.

I am a supporter of LTC as well.
 What are your aspirations, concerns or thoughts on LTC over the next year?

LTC being the only valuable alt. at this time to BTC, and only improving on some of BTC's flaws, I see no reason for LTC to be a quarter of BTC's value, $25 atleast.
 Im not saying LTC follows BTC because it does not, Ive seen BTC go down as LTC went up and vice versa..... With LTC heading to MtGox, it will get into a more populated market and outreach to more people in the crypto community which will also help drive the price up, we know this. But we should also focus on mining and getting invested in LTC, getting it now while it's cheap, it'll surely make us all some money in the near future.

LTC's price does follow the price of BTC. There are rare occasions where it may not, but it will not last long. So it doesnt matter to much what you invest in, LTC or BTC, they will both succeed or fail together.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Coinazon

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:49:56 PM

No, price follow the difficulty, do 1 get 1  Smiley
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

I think Litecoin will crash once it enters Gox, it's already hyped up a lot.
Also as a copy of Btc with no big advantages (don't even try to argue about the faster conf time or scrypt..) it will never reach 1/4 of Btcs with 4 times the amount of coins.
Colgate

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

Just trying to learn as I am still a newbie.  Where do you guys trade LTC? 
TradesLikeAPotato

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:21:16 AM

Just trying to learn as I am still a newbie.  Where do you guys trade LTC? 

BTC-e is the most common market
freeroute

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:30:51 AM

If I had a lot of Litecoins, I would probably trade them for Bitcoins:)
zemansky

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:39:02 AM

Also a noob here.
I'll go up. Mostly in the first few days due to speculation.

Then is  going to plumet until it finds a balance. Doubt very much it'll be $25 or 1/4 of btc
teraload

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:04:58 AM

maybe $5 in the near future but I doubt it will be much higher
hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:47:32 AM

25$ is not able to achieve anytime soon
Rinorbirch

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

LTC may be 1/4 of BTC if BTC price goes down. Otherwise we have to wait for long time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: