Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that atl-coins are still "alt"?  (Read 772 times)
CryptoKranthi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:34:05 PM

I dont think so. Technology updates always.Yesterday Gold, now FIAT, and tomorrow, it will be crypto currency. The same way now bitcoin, tomorrow it may  be ethereum and the next day it may be some other like ELECTRONEUM.We cant just stick with bitcoin as it is was invented first.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:33:41 PM

I dont think so. Technology updates always.Yesterday Gold, now FIAT, and tomorrow, it will be crypto currency. The same way now bitcoin, tomorrow it may  be ethereum and the next day it may be some other like ELECTRONEUM.We cant just stick with bitcoin as it is was invented first.
Don't think it will be Electroneum, or even Ethereum.

Something seriously major would have to happen on a technological level to remove Bitcoin from the top spot. With all the planned features for Bitcoin it will remain big for many years.
Invest-or (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:08:34 PM

every coin except bitcoin is alt, alt stand for alternatife. as long there btc outthere anothor coin still called alt, as simple as that.

Do you think that, at current pace, Ethereum could become the coin and bitcoin an "old-alt"
multibit

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

I agree with that alt means alternate coins but when they first appear they were basically bitcoin but not named "bitcoin". Nowadays, it gone beyond bitcoin. While bitcoin can not satisfy its existence, some "alt" coins created value and take further steps. Bitcoin should be the alt coin in crypto currency world.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:54:15 AM

This is what we've practice since from the start, all coins created after bitcoin will be considered as alt coins. Maybe, it is better if just let go this kind practices and no more alts in the market. And we gonna see them competing in the market of he same level.
BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:05:08 AM

Some will say that Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency, and all other coins are alternate coins. Other opinion is that because there are also some other good coins out there, they should not be treated as alt coins. Here I talk about Ethereum, Monero and few other good coins. At the and, for me it doesn't matter if something is called altcoin or not. Only thing that is important, is the value of the coin and the earning that we can gain from the coins.
lambofan

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:10:09 AM

If we talk about the conventional terminology, then all the coins except bitcoin are altcoins. However, in my opinion, such coins as Waves, Ripple, Ethereum, Neo - are more than altcoins, they are independent coins. By this term, you put the ethereum on one step with any shit-coin. It is not right.
The terminology is used to facilitate and make a classification of things or separate them from each other and in a certain way to mark an evolution in the development of things where certain criteria are changed or improved in some way,for example web,web2.0,web3.0 and so on,another clearer example  of those that you mention possibly all fall within the category of crypto 2.0,but belong to a larger category that includes them as altcoins so finally those also have their hallmark that characterizes them.

mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:18:11 AM

Of course they're still alt coins. As of right now many people, even in the tech world (DBAs, Technical Project Managers, Project Leads, BAs) don't know about Bitcoin. I still get questions such as: "What is mining?" "How are Bitcoins made?" "Is it a scam?" "How do you know that it's not hackable?" "Isn't only used by drug dealers?" What about the rest of the world - from dentists to plumbers to architects to auto mechanics - it will take a long time for the average person on the street to understand what's going on.

I suppose it's analogous to when paper money starting replacing gold and silver coins. "But how do you know ..." And, "isn't it to fragile to use? What happens to your money if it burns?"

When people start using BTC; when people trust it because ... they simply do (after all do you know how paper money is made?) Then, and only then, will the term alt-currency go by the wayside for the other major players.
Invest-or (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:51:52 PM

Of course they're still alt coins. As of right now many people, even in the tech world (DBAs, Technical Project Managers, Project Leads, BAs) don't know about Bitcoin. I still get questions such as: "What is mining?" "How are Bitcoins made?" "Is it a scam?" "How do you know that it's not hackable?" "Isn't only used by drug dealers?" What about the rest of the world - from dentists to plumbers to architects to auto mechanics - it will take a long time for the average person on the street to understand what's going on.

I suppose it's analogous to when paper money starting replacing gold and silver coins. "But how do you know ..." And, "isn't it to fragile to use? What happens to your money if it burns?"

When people start using BTC; when people trust it because ... they simply do (after all do you know how paper money is made?) Then, and only then, will the term alt-currency go by the wayside for the other major players.

Yes, I agree, but I think Electroneum is not going to be next. There does not seem to have any development behind
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:53:23 PM

they always will be alts
there are ALTcoin there are Tokens and there are protocol
write this in youtube "Difference between COIN, TOKEN and PROTOCOL - Programmer explains" and watch =]
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:53:48 PM

Alt means alternative to Bitcoin,why would alts not be an alt if the alt is not Bitcoin?its a general name bro.
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:04:17 PM

Alts are called alts to identify which coin it is BTC is the foundation alts are morelikely successor of the BTC they will always be alts no matter what happen to BTC.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:16:18 PM

Yes,they are still altenative coins for bitcoin because bitcoin is still at the top of crypto currency and it will ever be.
But I hope some of the altcoins also having good potential to invest on it after the bitcoin the most important altcoin is ethereum the price of ethereum also started to climb so it is the best time to invest on altcoins too to earn more profits.
Invest-or (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

The concept makes me think of a past variable disaster. We ought to think about the strategy seriously.
shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

Some of them are really not alts more. Take for instance, Ethereum. In reality it has nothing common with Bitcoin and it was created separately. It has a huge army of followers – those, who are interested in dealing exactly with this crypto.  Cool
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:48:19 AM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"
I think bitcoin does not need to be jealous of altcoin because altcoin says it's just an alterbative for bitcoin in other words complement and other options we can do besides bitcoin but bitcoin will stay at its peak. The supposed altcoin should be concerned with the bitcoin that is currently still on top. Although there are some altcoins that are currently starting to raise prices to attract buyers but that is only a small resistance to bitcoin.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:59:56 PM

It is hard to replace the bitcoin as the main cryptocurrency which currently dominated the markets from all levels. But altcoins are always there to give investors alternative investments as its name suggests, which are more cheaper in value than the bitcoin.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:34:07 PM

Altcoins will remain "ALTs" till they prove the opposite, for me , it's a bit hard to replace bitcoin by any other coin (not because I am a fan of BTC ) but the reality imposed it , there are several characters that make -let's say- a hierarchy classification; and as anyone can see : bitcoin is in the top.
Peace
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:07:12 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"
Bitcoin fans are jealous? Yeah, i am sure everyone is jealous, especially because bitcoin price is 9000$+ and ether price is 500$...monero 150$  and so on.
Bitcoin is number one coin, unless altcoin such as monero or ether replace it they will be always called altcoins. It looks like you are jealous because someone is calling your favorite coin altcoin.
LaLuna

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:25:45 PM

Alts will remain alts because of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: