Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that atl-coins are still "alt"?  (Read 772 times)
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:27:54 PM

In whole all coins are called as cryptocoins, bitcoin being first of its kind have won the title and to differenciate it from other many coins which exist and more that will come in future people have grouped them as alternative coins.

I don't think this should be big issues as coins like ETH and XMR are already popular by their own names.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:15:35 PM

I dont think so. Technology updates always.Yesterday Gold, now FIAT, and tomorrow, it will be crypto currency. The same way now bitcoin, tomorrow it may  be ethereum and the next day it may be some other like ELECTRONEUM.We cant just stick with bitcoin as it is was invented first.
Most people that don't like to call Bitcoin clones or coins that use bits from Bitcoins code with the term "Altcoin" are the ones lying to themselves and other people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:23:15 PM

bitcoin was the first thats why others is alt Smiley
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:25:04 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"

Yes, in a way. Most people who are far from the world of crypto never heard the names of altcoins and even do not know what it is. All this fuss and hype around Bitcoin lets it staying #1 currency and all the rest coins come behind it.
Briian007

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:32:32 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"

Yes, in a way. Most people who are far from the world of crypto never heard the names of altcoins and even do not know what it is. All this fuss and hype around Bitcoin lets it staying #1 currency and all the rest coins come behind it.
haha people with no knowledge about crypto need something easy to understand and that is "bitcoin". That make bitcoin is a tool for whales to bring news investors to this market Cheesy
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

Altcoins will always be alternative to bitcoin . All digital currencies happenings rally around bitcoin because it is the first crypto coin and the most accepted. Most organizations and company accept it as a means of payment.
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:57:54 PM

My mom is a person far from modern technology, but even she heard about Bitcoin.

About other coins she does not know anything and does not understand how it works at all. She asked me a few days ago how bitcoin value is provided because it is hard for her to understand how this works and why people are ready to buy it at $15,000 for 1 coin. She heard about bitcoin in the news.

Based on this, it can still be said that all the rest of the coins except bitcoin are altcoins
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:05:12 AM

Yes they are still altcoins , theyare called alternative coins to bitcoins . Because they are competing with each other which will be the successsor of bitcoin in the future. They will remain as altcoins until there is the bitcoin. And altcoins in tge crypto world is important to those investors who want earn more profits. Bitcoin now is expensive to invest , that is why most investors prefer altcoins for investing.

sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:12:58 AM

This is nothing more than a tradition and currently have no more sense. But who actually cares?
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:32:58 AM

Altcoins will always be alternative to bitcoin . All digital currencies happenings rally around bitcoin because it is the first crypto coin and the most accepted. Most organizations and company accept it as a means of payment.

Altcoins are really the best alternative cryptocurrency and I believe they have the future that can change our live with their great technology. Bitcoin is powerful but we must not forget that altcoins also offer great development in a world of digital assets.
Londoonik

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:39:25 AM

they sure are. only the very main stream cryptos can be considered "not alts" like bitcoin, ethereum, and maybe bitcoin cash
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:15:12 AM

I still think the name applies.  Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency.  It also makes up 60%+ of all cryptocurrencys market capitalization.  I do consider it a disservice to say all coins are alt though.  There are only a dozen or so innovative and worthy alternatives to Bitcoin the vast majority of alts are just trash.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:50:30 AM

This is a truly brilliant remark that I had never thought at. You are right! Now I will spread your message Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Yoshinoya

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:46:01 AM

yes of course, altcoin is alts name from the word alternative coin, and bitcoin some will say is the king of cryptocurrency.
but I think in my opinion all coin was same Smiley
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:12:15 AM

a different case in my opinion when compared with dollar because for coins other than bitcoin all is altcoin because in the end altcoin will be made bitcoin

Invest-or (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:12:11 PM

As people have already stated, any coin that is not Bitcoin is an alt(ernative) coin.

I have a feeling that they have gotten more serious over the years and I think that we will be seeing some altcoins that are completely independent of Bitcoin in the future.

I think that you could say that coins that move with BTC are kind of "Alt", but Ethereum and bitcoin prices are not always related, not to mention IOTA, that is going to eat both of them in a year.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:16:34 AM

I think that bitcoiners will always call all other coins alt(ernative)s. That means nothing. Each coin was made for different reasons and I think that they can coexit. Not all of them only those who have a good developer team (+ vision) and aren't just copies of others.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:40:35 AM

If we talk about the conventional terminology, then all the coins except bitcoin are altcoins. However, in my opinion, such coins as Waves, Ripple, Ethereum, Neo - are more than altcoins, they are independent coins. By this term, you put the ethereum on one step with any shit-coin. It is not right.
Bitcoin and blockchain were the first invention in this cryptocurrencies world. So Bitcoin will be always a Bitcoin and the currencies that are introduced after Bitcoin or as an alternative to Bitcoin is an altcoin. There is no problem here though some alts are way ahead of technology than Bitcoin but still they are Bitcoin's alternatives.

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:09:52 AM

yes untill whatever alt still only alt and no more or no less but i personally never underestimate their development because they also a part of cryptocurrencies but sometimes alt can provide more advantages rather than bitcoin especially for transfer fees that while transfer fees for bitcoin is very expensive but the particular alt can provide fast confirmations and cheap fees such as Doge
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:35:06 AM

Altcoins are 2nd best after Bitcoin, even if your are referring to Ethereum itself. Some altcoins are more practical and useful than Bitcoin, they offer technologies that are beneficial to the system.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: