Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that atl-coins are still "alt"?  (Read 772 times)
skullsandbones

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:45:10 PM

ofcourse they are, what else would they be?   Grin
Altcoins came after Bitcoin.

Will they ever have the same value as bitcoin, theoretically Yes, they can.
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:23:30 PM

Altcoins are doing so well right now, especially coins like Ethereum and Litecoin.
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:25:07 PM

Alts will forever be alts,bitcoin is the foundation.They are called alts to distinguish them over Bitcoin.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:42:17 PM

Every coin or token out there except for Bitcoin is considered an alternative cryptocurrencies also known as altcoins.  No matter how popular they get as with Ethereum, Dash or Litecoin, they are still considered an altcoin.  I am not sure if that will ever change but it shouldn't matter since not all altcoins are on the same level. 
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:49:52 PM

Yes altcoins still alt and their place will still for long coming years after Bitcoin surely. Bitcoin is the most successful crypto currency, it have the biggest community and the highest price, and the other altcoins depend in Bitcoin even if they have their own networks.
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:08:17 PM

Of course, atl-coins are still "alt" because it is what we use to refer an coin that's not bitcoin. Altcoin is an alternative) coin even thought it is better than Bitcoin like Ethereum. Personally I think it is okay to call other coins than Bitcoin alt since it is legit and Bitcoin deserve it. Also most people invest more money into Bitcoin than altcoin and traders alway trade altcoin versus bitcoin at exchanges
Invest-or (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:08:50 PM

I agree with that alt means alternate coins but when they first appear they were basically bitcoin but not named "bitcoin". Nowadays, it gone beyond bitcoin. While bitcoin can not satisfy its existence, some "alt" coins created value and take further steps. Bitcoin should be the alt coin in crypto currency world.

I would go for a better name like "new coin" or "evolved coins". Even now sound like a sacrilege to say this, Bitcoin is just the first success, but the refinement is yet to come.
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:52:47 PM

No

I know many people getting into crypto everyday and new adopters don´t  have the concept of "Alt".

However this forum is pretty oldschool and in the early days everything was an ethereum fork... that´s not the case anymore. The term "Alt" is obsolete
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:29:13 PM

Originally such a name was invented in order to emphasize the relationship of the alternative to Bitcoin. Then it really was a kind of dichotomy between Bitcoin and Alt-coins. But now Altcoins are not perceived exclusively through the prism of Bitcoin. They are entrenched in the arena as independent players and are now considered regardless of Bitcoin. I think that this position makes them stronger.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:30:49 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"

ALT "So they are called altcoins, but it is likely that these Alts will be like BTCs If the BTC is out of circulation, and then we will know who will be following the btc if it is lost that.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:11:29 PM

Every coin or token out there except for Bitcoin is considered an alternative cryptocurrencies also known as altcoins.  No matter how popular they get as with Ethereum, Dash or Litecoin, they are still considered an altcoin.  I am not sure if that will ever change but it shouldn't matter since not all altcoins are on the same level. 
Yes , because an "altcoin denomination" isn't used in the meaning of  devaluation of these several coins, it's just used to make difference between Bitcoin ( as it's the main and the first coin to be produced in cryptocurrency world ) and other coins
Invest-or (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:49:21 PM

Yes , because an "altcoin denomination" isn't used in the meaning of  devaluation of these several coins, it's just used to make difference between Bitcoin ( as it's the main and the first coin to be produced in cryptocurrency world ) and other coins

I think that all of them should be simply called cryptocurrencies or cryptos if you will. Bitcoin is just one of them. Just like an Euro is not an Alt-dollar.
condura150

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:05:51 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"

I somehow agree with your argument, but most of the people that started investing and researching about bitcoin or any other coins believe that any coin created other than bitcoin is considered as an alt-coin, after all alt-coins are created with bitcoin as their baseline or standard. The only difference that I can think of is that these alt-coins offer other features or services that bitcoin can't do. I also think that to honor the name "Bitcoin" being the first ever coin/cryptocurrency, is reason that they called the other coins developed before it as "alt-coins".
best ever

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:47:18 PM

I haven’t understand the sense of the word alternative coins. Of course Bitcoin is the biggest  system in crypto financial world but others currencies quite big, developed, successful and self-sufficient.
SyrioForElle

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:45:14 AM

I'd argue that any coin that has mainstream awareness is no longer an Altcoin.

You can put Bitcoin and Ethereum in that category.

Possibly 1-2 others. But everything else is an alternative coin - because it hasn't reached mainstream recognition.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:06:12 AM

Alt-Coins means alternative coin,It doesn't mean that these coin are called alts in jealousy.But they are made as an alternative to bitcoin that's the reason why they are call alts.Bitcoin is the core of the cryptocurrency and it will remain so until there is large drop and large rise.And people who cannot invest in bitcoin or those who want to invest in some other coin accept bitcoin they choose alts as there prices are low and small money can be invested easily.One more thing is that trust factor is with bitcoin.
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:10:35 AM

No matter how valuable and develop those coin you have mentioned are based on the concept of cryptocurrency and its history, these other coin will still remain altcoin. Altcoin are alternative to bit coin.

Invest-or (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:57:25 PM

Alts will remain alts because of bitcoin.

It is like if we decided that the Wright Brother´s plane was a plane and all the rest were Alt-Planes... so the Airbus 380 is an Alt-Plane
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: