Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get BCH from my Bitcoin Core?  (Read 325 times)
modelski (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:05:03 PM

Hi, Guys. I have a server bitcoind client. At the moment when was a fork there was some coins on it. How can I get my BCH coins from BTC wallet? Thanks!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16677

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 11:15:58 PM

Since you're running bitcoind on a server, I'll go with the short version:
1. Move your Bitcoins to a new address.
2. Export the private keys from the addresses that held Bitcoin at the time of the fork.
3. Import the private keys into the Bitcoin Cash wallet of your choice, and send them to wherever you want them.
4. Do the same for Bitcoin Gold and BitCore.
5. Never use these addresses again.

Whlie doing this, use proper security measures. Only export private keys after the addresses are empty, don't unstall untrusted software on your normal computer, don't enter private keys into random websitse that promise to really give you your fork coin, etc. MAKE SURE you don't send Bitcoin to Bitcoin Core addresses, or the other way around. You're very likely to lose your money at exchanges if you make this mistake.

This is the short version, if you have any more detailed questions, just ask Smiley

modelski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:34:46 AM

Since you're running bitcoind on a server, I'll go with the short version:
1. Move your Bitcoins to a new address.
2. Export the private keys from the addresses that held Bitcoin at the time of the fork.
3. Import the private keys into the Bitcoin Cash wallet of your choice, and send them to wherever you want them.
4. Do the same for Bitcoin Gold and BitCore.
5. Never use these addresses again.

Whlie doing this, use proper security measures. Only export private keys after the addresses are empty, don't unstall untrusted software on your normal computer, don't enter private keys into random websitse that promise to really give you your fork coin, etc. MAKE SURE you don't send Bitcoin to Bitcoin Core addresses, or the other way around. You're very likely to lose your money at exchanges if you make this mistake.

This is the short version, if you have any more detailed questions, just ask Smiley

Thanks!

Already have some questions:)

1. I have bitcoins on approx.20 different addresses now. So what I should to do in this case?
2. Never use addresses that was imported? Never use in in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash to receiving the money?

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:43:58 AM

1. I have bitcoins on approx.20 different addresses now. So what I should to do in this case?
You'll have to move/export/import your funds for all these addresses. Note that you should check the addresses you used at the time of the forks, these aren't necessarily the same addresses you're currently using.

2. Never use addresses that was imported? Never use in in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash to receiving the money?
Use them to move out your funds in different wallets, after that, don't use them again for receiving funds (AKA consider them compromised).

BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:58:33 AM

try this step by step tutorial hope it helps :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
modelski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

And it is possible to backup wallet.dat and then upload it into bitcoin cash client? Cuz seems I can not figure out how to check the addresses and understand is there was bitcoins on 1 august 2017.
BitcoinReseller

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:06:41 AM

And it is possible to backup wallet.dat and then upload it into bitcoin cash client? Cuz seems I can not figure out how to check the addresses and understand is there was bitcoins on 1 august 2017.

You don't need to import wallet.dat file on Electron Cash wallet, you only need to export Private Keys for addresses which has BCH and import them into your Electron Cash wallet.

here are detailed steps for how to claim your BCH :

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
modelski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:35:28 AM

You don't need to import wallet.dat file on Electron Cash wallet, you only need to export Private Keys for addresses which has BCH and import them into your Electron Cash wallet.

Thanks! I am little bit confused how to get addresses from which I need to get privkey. Cuz there are approx. 1000 addresses for all the time. And I do not know how to check was there coins at the time of fork. Maybe it is an any more easy solution present?
BitcoinReseller

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:08:47 PM

Thanks! I am little bit confused how to get addresses from which I need to get privkey. Cuz there are approx. 1000 addresses for all the time. And I do not know how to check was there coins at the time of fork. Maybe it is an any more easy solution present?

in that tutorial, first step is how to know how much BCH you have on your address.
if you have many addresses, you will need to check each one manually if has BCH  Undecided

modelski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:33:43 PM

Thanks all! And have anybody manual about how to do same with Bitcoin Gold Smiley
v_Harley

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:47:47 PM

You can get BCH through your own private key, but you have to wait until the BCH purse comes out, or if you have bitcoin on the exchange, the exchange can help you get BCH and trade BCH.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 03:57:31 PM

Cuz there are approx. 1000 addresses for all the time. And I do not know how to check was there coins at the time of fork. Maybe it is an any more easy solution present?
You could do a bulk export and bulk import, let the Bitcoin Cash wallet figure out which address holds any funds.

modelski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:53:49 PM

Cuz there are approx. 1000 addresses for all the time. And I do not know how to check was there coins at the time of fork. Maybe it is an any more easy solution present?
You could do a bulk export and bulk import, let the Bitcoin Cash wallet figure out which address holds any funds.

What is a bulk export?
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

What is a bulk export?

I guess it is export ALL adresses in the wallet.dat file. It is possible with the core using 3rd party software ( I don't know if a command like dumpallprivkeys exists), but do a bulk import would be harder, I don't know if it is even supported
modelski (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:50:48 AM

Thank to all, guys! Did it manually Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: