Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bit Funder] [btcquick] [Rising profits]  (Read 42652 times)
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:23:16 PM

Paying a lawyer is all well and good - but thats exactly what all the online poker companies did before Black Friday see how well that worked out for them. Having all the legal opinions in the world won't stop btcquick getting shutdown it might keep the owner out of jail but thats about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:43:51 PM

Having all the legal opinions in the world won't stop btcquick getting shutdown it might keep the owner out of jail but thats about it.
Are you suggesting that in that case the owner should just risk getting to jail, instead?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:36:01 PM

Having all the legal opinions in the world won't stop btcquick getting shutdown it might keep the owner out of jail but thats about it.
Are you suggesting that in that case the owner should just risk getting to jail, instead?

I think he's just reminding us the risk of this company. The lawyer may save the person, but not necessary the company.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:28:13 PM

I think he's just reminding us the risk of this company. The lawyer may save the person, but not necessary the company.

But is it risky if the company only issues shares to non-US residents?

sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:36:24 PM

YES, what btcquick is currently doing is illegal it doesn't matter who owns the company. they need to get compliant before they get a cease and desist letter from the DoJ it's basically that simple in my eyes at least.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:54:33 PM

YES, what btcquick is currently doing is illegal it doesn't matter who owns the company. they need to get compliant before they get a cease and desist letter from the DoJ it's basically that simple in my eyes at least.

use debit card or credit card to buy bitcoin is illegal? then what of methods should we used to buy bitcoin is so called legally?
I think buying bitcoin is like trading your currency with private money ,and most countries won't recognized this transaction as a legal move..
the only guys who really worried about this issue is the issuer because he might go to jail for it.
shadallion

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:10:34 PM

Ascension please have your webmaster do a quick edit of the btcQuick webpage, there are two glaring typos.  It should be "Fees" not "Fee's" and "Buy bitcoins" not "Buy bitcoin's."

May seem like a trifling matter, but when we're talking about moving a lot of money around and building credibility, that sort of typographical error can push people away. 

Thanks.
Ascension

Activity: 457

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:33:00 PM

It does not matter where the shares are issued, the company is based in the USA therefore we fall under the laws of the land.
lg15x

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:56:06 AM

It does not matter where the shares are issued, the company is based in the USA therefore we fall under the laws of the land.

Could you please introduce the legal issues btcquick may risk?
kololo

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:59:01 AM

what's the legal problem now? what did you talk to the lawyer ? what did him response? what are you going to do next?
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 04:46:02 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ascension. So is it possible for btcQuick to register with SEC?

kaidy1979

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:33:24 AM

mark

796 Exchange is a financial website for Bitcoin-related services covering futures, stocks, funds, margin trading. https://796.com/invite/do/105071
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 09:29:53 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ascension. So is it possible for btcQuick to register with SEC?

Bitfunder has to do first.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:28:00 AM

Most likely, the company or some private investors will try to buy back all the shares. I think this is the only reasonable solution for BtcQuick now. Therefore, actually panic selling now may not be beneficial to us, the public investors, but to the private investors.

Unfortunately, 1M shares previously stayed in the IPO price ask position was sold directly to the bid wall and crashed the price to 0.00055.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:14:33 PM

Why are you not putting the stock up on crypto stocks, if labcoin can be listed on it, i don;t see why a legitiamate company like BTCquick can not be listed on it
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Why are you not putting the stock up on crypto stocks, if labcoin can be listed on it, i don;t see why a legitiamate company like BTCquick can not be listed on it
Exactly because of that.
If a stock exchange allows shady companies, it is itself shady.
Hence legit companies should want to have nothing to do with that.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:40:53 PM

Exactly because of that.

True i guess.....
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:59:23 PM

is btcquick still live? I payd the membersheep fee, i submitet my documents and i emailed them twice but no answer in a week so far...
better change the name to btcslow.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 05:26:50 AM

Exactly because of that.

True i guess.....

What about 796.com and crypto-trade.com? Based in HK.

jedunnigan

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:39:23 AM

I will not be disclosing why. That is like giving away all the questions for a test. Just know that we are working very hard to collect sufficient data to prevent fraud. There is no guide on how to prevent fraud related to bitcoin and we are learning as we go.

The entire "we won't say what's going on but we're working very hard" hasn't turned out well for anyone. What test, from whom do you surmise you need to keep this information?

So, pro tip #1: there's so much to do and so few people capable of doing it in Bitcoin that if your plan makes sense and you seem even remotely competent everyone else who is competent will breathe a sigh of relief. They aren't going to "steal" your idea of doing the absolutely fucking obviously banal, cause so much is needed I couldn't begin to tell you.

Pro tip #2: if you are incompetent, the people who are competent aren't going to steal your business early. They are going to steal it late, just like MPEx demolished GLBSE. They don't need early mover advantage, they will come to your market six months or a year late, break off your arms and beat you over the head with them until you are reduced to a bloody mess.

So, forget about anyone "Stealing" your business. When S.DICE was announced, a bunch of forum muppets rambled on about how it's not worth its valuation because "everyone could do it". And I laughed at them then and so to prove my point that they're laughable idiots they declared that they shall do it! It's been months, who has managed to steal the business? You can't steal any business from the competent, and if you're competent yourself you don't even try to, cause it makes no business sense.

That whole working without a guide issue? It gives you an opportunity to do something potentially very valuable for bitcoin: document your experience, and do it well.

You know what's funny? They wouldn't tell us their 'big secret' in here but they will tell the world in a Coindesk article. Bit odd, no?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: