Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bit Funder] [btcquick] [Rising profits]  (Read 42652 times)
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:29:14 PM

I must admit crypto-trade does like promising, although I don't know their stance on allowing more securities.

Looking forward to more improvements and updates.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinfresh

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:59:06 PM

Ok, well the 1st of November will be coming up pretty quick. Do we have any ideas on what will happen for US shareholders? I think this should be addressed very soon before the share price tanks any further.
kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:09:16 AM

hi looking forward for update?

limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:29:25 AM

Ok, well the 1st of November will be coming up pretty quick. Do we have any ideas on what will happen for US shareholders? I think this should be addressed very soon before the share price tanks any further.

While shareholder concerns do have an impact on price. The big problem is can the company continue operation. Exchanges shutting down and WeExchange only available in a few select states now. It's not getting better any time soon.
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:50:17 AM

While shareholder concerns do have an impact on price. The big problem is can the company continue operation. Exchanges shutting down and WeExchange only available in a few select states now. It's not getting better any time soon.

The company isn't an exchange though. Granted I suppose they issued a security.  They would just have to follow the appropriate money exchange regulations.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:52:06 AM

Time to move to Canada Ascension? We welcome you!
lg15x

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:23:41 AM

Look at the trading history and ask orders, it shows that US investors sold shares panic. There are not many ask shares, but large trading are just "sell" order. I don't know what could happen in the future, but I think it's worth of holding at this price even the trading will not be available. The dividends are good enough to hold those shares.
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:46:44 PM

What will be in case if BTCquick can't sell Bitcoins? What will be with shares on bitunder? They will be refunded?

superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:48:40 PM

What will be in case if BTCquick can't sell Bitcoins? What will be with shares on bitunder? They will be refunded?

No

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
lg15x

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:12:39 AM

This is only sell Bitcoins, not exchange service like assets exchange platform. You can sell lots of stuff on internet, sb. even sell Bitcoin on ebay or amazon. So the legal issue of selling bitcoin should not be a big issue.

But I think just this concern makes lots of people panic, or else others wouldn't have  such a good opportunity to buy shares at such a low price.

Profit and risk exist together, usually the higher risk the higher profit. People have to make choice by themselves.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:25:15 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 03:41:52 PM by Pale Phoenix

This is only sell Bitcoins, not exchange service like assets exchange platform. You can sell lots of stuff on internet, sb. even sell Bitcoin on ebay or amazon. So the legal issue of selling bitcoin should not be a big issue.

The legal issues are practically identical, at least with respect to U.S. MSB registration and state level money transmitter licensure.

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:54:37 AM

But I think just this concern makes lots of people panic, or else others wouldn't have  such a good opportunity to buy shares at such a low price.

Profit and risk exist together, usually the higher risk the higher profit. People have to make choice by themselves.

The legal issue is releasing unregistered security to a lot of unaccredited investors. If the company is 100% privately invested, like coinbase, it will be much safer.
lg15x

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

The legal issue is releasing unregistered security to a lot of unaccredited investors. If the company is 100% privately invested, like coinbase, it will be much safer.

Do you think btcquick need a MSB to operate?
jedunnigan

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:01:11 PM

Of course they do.

Bitquick is breaking the law in a few ways, and I am concerned for their future. The security is illegal from the perspective of the SEC, and there is a good chance they are breaking the MSB rules as well.

They would argue that because they are simply "selling" Bitcoins in a one-way street manner (there is no movement of funds between multiple parties like an exchange) they are exempt but I am very wary of this argument. I say this because if you look at the recent regulatory guidance, FinCEN classified Bitcoin in the same category as a traveler's cheque.

If you allow people to redeem traveler's cheques for dollars int he US you are an MSB. Thus I think btcquick is an MSB... and they are certainly not registered as such. I hope they do this for their own benefit, I want to see everyone succeed.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:03:37 PM

Of course they do.

Bitquick is breaking the law in a few ways, and I am concerned for their future. The security is illegal from the perspective of the SEC, and there is a good chance they are breaking the MSB rules as well.

They would argue that because they are simply "selling" Bitcoins in a one-way street manner (there is no movement of funds between multiple parties like an exchange) they are exempt but I am very wary of this argument. I say this because if you look at the recent regulatory guidance, FinCEN classified Bitcoin in the same category as a traveler's cheque.

If you allow people to redeem traveler's cheques for dollars int he US you are an MSB. Thus I think btcquick is an MSB... and they are certainly not registered as such. I hope they do this for their own benefit, I want to see everyone succeed.

So those people who selling BTC physical coin online is require a MSB ? This question is only can be answered if BTC is a legally currency.
jedunnigan

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:41:55 AM

So those people who selling BTC physical coin online is require a MSB ? This question is only can be answered if BTC is a legally currency.

Technically, yes they are. Bitcoin has already been deemed a "convertible virtual currency" by FinCEN so it need not be called a "legal currency" per se.

An administrator or exchanger that (1) accepts and transmits a convertible virtual currency or (2) buys or sells convertible virtual currency for any reason is a money transmitter under FinCEN's regulations, unless a limitation to or exemption from the definition applies to the person
jungle_dave

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

Its sad that a well run business like this has all these problems due to regulators.
Whats shocking to me is the concept of "accredited investor".  Why can't normal people help a business they like and maybe get a return back for the effort? Friends do this all the time.
A professor of economics from any developing country would not qualify as a "accredited investor" but Kim Karadshian would be approved in a second.

I wonder why the US is in such deep economic problems..

I hope BTCquick does well, I really liked there service.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:26:50 PM

Its sad that a well run business like this has all these problems due to regulators.
Whats shocking to me is the concept of "accredited investor".  Why can't normal people help a business they like and maybe get a return back for the effort? Friends do this all the time.
A professor of economics from any developing country would not qualify as a "accredited investor" but Kim Karadshian would be approved in a second.

I hope BTCquick does well, I really liked there service.

Freedom of choice will be occur in one day ~~ Smiley
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:17:12 PM

Simply because years ago this was inconcievable, you couldn't just do that in any practical way.
Now that we can, the bureocracy and the related laws are very very very VERY slow catching up.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:28:49 PM

A professor of economics from a developing country can do whatever that country's laws allow him to.  I'm sure Somalia's law is much more accommodating.  The reason that Kim Kardashian is allowed to waste money is she can afford it & won't go on welfare if she gets none of it back.

We're doing fine, thanks Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: