Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:42:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp Withdrawal Problem  (Read 897 times)
thelandscape (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:50:58 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 02:32:15 PM by thelandscape

Hey,

2 days ago i made a withdrawal request for 5.27 BTC from my bitstamp.net account. The transaction is shown as "Finished" in my account. The problem is, it hasn't arrived and is also not on blockchain.

I've already contacted the support about this problem. They just said the system administrator will have a look at it. That's it

Does anybody know what might have caused this problem? And how reliable is the support team at bitstamp? I haven't heard from them since more than 24 hours.

Hope anyone can help me.

Greets
thelandscape (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

I had no problems with bitstamp. Withdrawal of Bitcoins to my wallet takes few minutes

Same here. Usually it works very well. But this times the coins just disappeared into nowhere and the transaction shows finished.
hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

I had no problem with bitstamp before. try the support they are very helpful
Ikijaro

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:42:38 AM

I encountered exactly the same issue as you. That happened on the 28th June.
I have also contacted their support and got the same response that their system admin will take a look at this issue.

Haven't heard of them yet but it is weekend now. Expecting to hear from them early next week.
I don't think we are the only ones who have this issue.

Keep us posted if you get a reply from Bitstamp support or you get your BTC back somehow.

hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:58:05 AM

Withdrawed today without any problem.

check email for withdrawal confirmation
cryptopunk

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:02:21 AM

I assume if it says "finished", you've already clicked the link in the confirmation email. Maybe they are batching large withdrawals for manual review and increased security ?
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:09:33 AM

The same happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It took several emails and several days for this to get resolved. It was very disappointing then and it is also disappointing to see they still haven't got their act together.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
thelandscape (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:23:09 AM

I assume if it says "finished", you've already clicked the link in the confirmation email. Maybe they are batching large withdrawals for manual review and increased security ?

Also thought about that. But 5 BTC isn´t enough for a "large" withdrawal and as support said, they´re looking into it so it cant be  just a regular check. There must be something wrong in their system which didn´t let the coins go through.

I'ts just very annoying as i bought the coins for 98$ and now the rate is below 90$ and i still don't have my coins. It's now more than 2 days after the last meesage from support. Very bad communication with them  Angry
thelandscape (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:23:02 AM

Support just added the BTC back to my account. Withdrew this time without any problems. But i lost about 50$ on this so i hope they fix their system soon.
Ikijaro

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:49:46 PM

Glad to hear you got your BTC.

My BTC was also refunded back to my Bitstamp account but I could not withdraw successfully. Withdraw status says 'Finished' but the transaction is not in the blockchain.

I contacted support again and we will see what will happen next.
thelandscape (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:29:44 PM

Must be a huge bug in their system. Really hope they fix it soon and you get your coins too.

Support also gave me 30 days of free trading as apologize, although i had to ask for it.
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

The same happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It took several emails and several days for this to get resolved. It was very disappointing then and it is also disappointing to see they still haven't got their act together.

Kids with css skills learning entrepreneurship on your teeth.

Must be a huge bug in their system. Really hope they fix it soon and you get your coins too.

Support also gave me 30 days of free trading as apologize, although i had to ask for it.

Yeah, they completely lack any business ethnics. We have seen numerous examples of that. Not that anyone cares.

Ikijaro

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

Alright, Bitstamp refunded my account again and this time I made 4 succesful BTC withdrawals.
From now on, I make a habbit to make small test withdrawal(s) before withdrawing larger amounts of BTC.

My experiences with Bitstamp have mainly been positive. Let's hope they'll study and fix these random withdrawal issues.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: