Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can be hacked?  (Read 2710 times)
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:24:28 PM

actually i want to know there is a possibility have to hack this supper e-money, because somebody hack it will be a huge effect for the economy.
pls give your valuable opinion. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

As far as my knowledge goes, the network itself can't really be hacked but wallets, exchanges and your computer can. Meaning that you, and all the intermediaries used, to allow you to have access to the blockchain network and bitcoin, can be hacked. A big rule when it comes to bitcoin security, is to hold your private keys.
Another very important thing you should do, is to carefully choose the wallet you use to store your bitcoins. Using only well known wallets is very important and should minimize the risk of a hack, but there is still the problem of your computer.
This means that the type of wallet you use, also plays an important role in security as well. Using a hardware wallet is way more secure than having a desktop wallet, simply because your private key never "leaves" the hardware wallet. On your computer, it has to be displayed to you, so if your computer is already at risk, so is you private key.

I think that a good option could also be buying a "cheap" computer and use it just for very limited tasks. Like accessing your bank account, you wallet and email. An when it comes to email, you could even choose to not open attachments on that computer. Only use a secure browser, with well known security extensions there, and good internet security software (including of course malware scan, antivirus and firewall).

Probably a hardware wallet is still better than this, and the only reason I'm considering this, is because this could probably be more cost effective, because you would be improving the security for your email, and home banking as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:29:22 PM

actually i want to know there is a possibility have to hack this supper e-money, because somebody hack it will be a huge effect for the economy.
I think it would take a lot of time and resources to hack bitcoin, however, it can be done. Also, choosing the whong exchanges could also increase the risk. Remember Bitfinex hack? Same thing can happen again

Bitcoin itself can't be hacked. Exchanges and wallets though are possible. Most of the time, one has to be extremely careless for someone to have unauthorized access to their wallets. Exchanges have been hacked before and a skilled hacker can make time doing that again

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
LUXMICOIN

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:30:00 PM

i think it is not possible to hack bitcoin.all cryptocurrancy market depend on it.it is like impossible
chuoinguyen227

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Vite

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:39:31 PM

No no no, of course not. As the strongest virtual currency today, I think bitcoin will have an absolute security, who can hack it ?

It would be very terrible if someone can hacked it.

⚫     ViteX    
|     Exchange By The Community,For The Community     |
Bitcointalk  DEX  |  Website  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Alfinopogi

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:44:33 PM

bitcoin can be hacked ? i think it cant because Due to the nature of digital mining, bitcoin’s value cannot be manipulated or altered. Bitcoin's value is secured thanks to the cryptographic functions that it employs, and though it could be hacked one day in the future, technology and cryptography experts agree that such an attack is unlikely in the near-term.

Jf Annie

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:31:38 AM

I don't think that bitcoin can be hacker because it's very secure. But hackers must have very interest on this.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 07:42:51 AM

Of course bitcoin can be hacked as it is around the digital world or in the computers and the internet and electronics. The more that it is in the core of the internet the more likely it can be hacked especially now that hacjers too are on the rise

speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:02:02 AM

it's not at all easy to hack the bitcoin. so bitcoin is save!
I disagree! Although bitcoin's technology is robust, a coordinated attack could shut it down. Hackers are targeting third-party entity like our wallet or exchanges. There had been a few famous cases where hackers succeeded in hacking exchanges and they got tons of bitcoins out of them. Since then, exchanges are improving their security on the network to provide safeness for their client's bitcoin. However, hackers will not be swayed by this easily and will surely find a way to breach their network of security.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:03:44 AM

You have the source code of bitcoin, technically you can do anything on it, including hack that you mentioned. But if you wanted to hack, then you have to hack ALL nodes in the world, else you will be in the wrong blockchain.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:04:38 AM

It is possible to hack private keys but it will be very time consuming if it is done by trial and error. Another way for private keys to be hacked is the use of key logs.
Gloria_16

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:13:36 AM

that would not hack into a good password - from complex phrases, uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, do not tie the purse to the phone number, use google accessor and everything will be fine.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:15:34 AM

Blockchain network is secured as no one can interrupt or have some access to gain from the bitcoins that are being transacted there. It's impossible to hack bitcoin itself or make the network down that's the first issue that hackers can't put bitcoin down so they are just attacking it by spamming with transactions that cause a lot of troubles to us. It's the main reason why the confirmation sometimes is really turtling and made the fee quite expensive.
Fatemablabla

Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Yeah it is possible to hack.for you and i its not gonna happen but for the experts its easy but i guess it will be a long and time consuming process.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:26:04 AM

Bitcoin never hack by hacker but your bitcoin wallet can be hacked if someone know your wallet privet key or wallet password then your bitcoin wallet will be hacked.

When I first read the thread topic I thought you meant wallet, which is why I would have to agree with Adrin; but then looking through the answers here in the thread it seems that you meant for the whole system that is storing Bitcoin to be hacked. I guess this is quite unachievable since people get smarter everyday making programs suitable for hacking but has not yet hacked Bitcoin or stolen some on the network. I guess Bitcoin is highly protected and it will take a lot of coding and some cracking until you can do so. For now I guess what's prone to hacking is your wallet if you don't protect it appropriately.
aakriti

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:33:02 AM

As we know each type of currency need safe practices to handle it. If you didn't exercise safe practice your whole money may be lost. In the same manner Bitcoin can be hacked if you don't follow safety norms.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:56:23 AM

Hacking bitcoins is very difficult but it is possible
As anything that is on the network is vulnerable
Bitcoin definitely has higher security but who knows!
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

Bitcoins can't be hacked but the wallets do or the software you're using where you store your bitcoin, but according to the blog the I've read it states there that.

"There is one type of attack that could affect the bitcoin network: the 51 percent attack, which is widely considered to be bitcoin’s greatest inherent flaw. Because it is decentralized, bitcoin is vulnerable if any one player or cartel gains control of 51 percent of the computing power of all miners. This would allow them to stop transactions and reverse transactions, which would throw the network into chaos. In the past, at least one group has achieved control of 50 percent of the network. However, the more people using bitcoin, the safer it is — and more people are using bitcoin now than ever. It’s difficult to get an accurate count of how many users bitcoin has, but the estimates are in the millions."

You can read more about it here in:
https://theoutline.com/post/1618/how-hackable-is-bitcoin

and here's how to protect your bitcoin from hackers.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/heres-how-to-protect-your-bitcoin-and-ethereum-from-hacking.html
Coyoteerex09

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:58:44 AM

Truly. Bitcoin is very much secure. Unfortunately, online wallets are not and are more susceptible targets of hackers.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:06:57 AM

Truly. Bitcoin is very much secure. Unfortunately, online wallets are not and are more susceptible targets of hackers.

That is why i prefer to used offline wallet and i did make sure that the computer where i installed my offline wallet is very secured meaning i reformatted my desktop first, installed anti virus and installed the offline wallet plus i never used that desktop to download anything beside that wallet. For me this is the only way how i can secure my Bitcoin.
Creepings

Merit: 257

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:13:06 AM

You have the source code of bitcoin, technically you can do anything on it, including hack that you mentioned. But if you wanted to hack, then you have to hack ALL nodes in the world, else you will be in the wrong blockchain.

That's what makes bitcoin hard to hack and if you really need to hack bitcoin, you need more than a power of a million of computer that is why some bitcoin holders fear the quantum computer in existence but I think bitcoin will be ready before it is released in 20 years right? It might be taking of years to be ready and I am seeing that too in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: