Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you a whale?  (Read 953 times)
alpsea
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 555

https://refpa28543.top/L?tag=d_286347m_1264c_&site

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:38:46 AM

Really big money is needed, because the domain needs to be broad
What happens if you take a little stone to the sea and throw a big stone to the sea
Think like this

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:43:13 AM

I would think anything over 100 BITCOIN worth of coinage would make you a mini whale and a big whale would be someone with over 1k worth of BITCOIN and altcoins. I am a single cell amoeba at this point, need some miracle to become anything remotely looking like a whale lol.  Grin

It interesting that you say that. Whenever I see Legendary accounts on this forum, I assume that they must hold huge chunks of bitcoin but I guess that opinion is actually greatly skewed and I often forget that Bitcoin was only really cheap for the first couple years that it was out.
to be classified as whales you should have more than a thousands Bitcoins on your funds .some says they are the one whos responsible for the changes of the crypto currencies price,and they hold most of the bitcoin in circulations
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:10:29 PM

I think to be a whale in the world of cryptocurrency, it is not enough to have 500-1000 bitcoins. The price may fall, hackers can find a bug and steal. You need to have different currencies in different purses. That is, to be a whale, you need to diversify risks and investments.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:46:32 PM

Whale should have enough bitcoin and altcoin to change the trend and price by himself. For bitcoin it is very hard they must have maybe more than 100 million dollars of bitcoins, but it is easier to be an altcoin whale. if they can start collecting from deep price and collects enough (~5% of total circulating supply) of it and also have some bitcoin to pump the price.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:23:06 PM

whales usually have thousands of bitcoins and they can control  the market of any token or coin to get profits

Ourat

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

I think with my very little experience, and a little income too, it could be like a plankton take time and a lot of magic to become a very big whale. The size of a plankton whale could have been with many miracles hehehe Grin
Vicrypt

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:30:22 PM

I am with the concept given by some people. 1% of a coin makes you whale in that coin.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:36:39 PM

Do you think whales are individual people or a group of people? Because to be a whale it´s not only having a lot of money, but having the ability to influence on the market. For that it´s needed coordination. I assume there must be some relevant investment funds in the markets.
Beicin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:40:26 PM

Probably in the tens of millions i'd say. A whale is someone who has the potential to swing the market by himself - In bitcoin this is harder and you'd probably need even more money, but with several millions you can really manipulate some smaller market cap coins.

ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:42:08 PM

I would think anything over 100 BITCOIN worth of coinage would make you a mini whale and a big whale would be someone with over 1k worth of BITCOIN and altcoins. I am a single cell amoeba at this point, need some miracle to become anything remotely looking like a whale lol.  Grin
Bitcoin will you whale for the price get easily pump over the years and months. As we've wanted,  the bitcoin price will actually reachh 10k$ this month. I've read some article bitcoin price will reach million dollars in the year of 2020.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
UltraMegaSick

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:42:40 PM

Just curious. How much money do you need to be classified as a whale??  Grin Roll Eyes

20 Bitcoins for sure, that's a great amount of bitcoin possesion.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:46:04 PM

What makes you a whale is, you have to be full of information and knowledge about the world of crypto currency and must be an ultimate wise and is good in java script, c++ and etc. And of course with huge amount of digital currency/coin maybe 100k and up. Especially Bitcoin.
lambofan

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:52:45 PM

Whale should have enough bitcoin and altcoin to change the trend and price by himself. For bitcoin it is very hard they must have maybe more than 100 million dollars of bitcoins, but it is easier to be an altcoin whale. if they can start collecting from deep price and collects enough (~5% of total circulating supply) of it and also have some bitcoin to pump the price.
They are people who have a high degree of belongings by their side,talking about cryptocurrencies,in other words,they have a big number of these,they can easily manipulate the market sometimes,sometimes they just accumulate and accumulate and other times they only release a lot of coins that they have causing marked changes in prices almost always are very visible when one or several whales are in action because the price moves severely or place great offers of purchase or sale.

mademerich

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:53:31 PM

Most people here are suggesting a whale is someone with hundreds of thousands of bitcoins, but in reality it depends on the coin. Someone who invested 1k in an ICO that generates just 500k is already kind of a whale in that coin especially if that coin has very little liquidity.

Look on any of the slack trading channels where someone who puts in a buy or sell of 5 btc for midcap coins are usually referred to as whales.

GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:57:03 PM

You can be a whale in different coins - for example I have been a whale of a lot of shitcoins worth nothing. But once one these coins later rose thousands of time, so if I still had those coins I would be a REAL whale, those with millions of $$$.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
khichariya1

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:29:05 PM

I have been a whale of a lot of bitcoins worth nothing.What makes you a whale is, you have to be full of information and knowledge about the world of crypto currency and must be an ultimate wise and is good in java script, c++ and etc.
lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:34:50 PM

it seems to me that you can be called a whale if you have the most part of investments in any currency. When you alone can influence the currency market.

waecrum

Activity: 97

Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:16:19 PM

For me a whale refere to someone who own a certain quantity of the total supply of a coin. For bitcoin it should be around 0.1% which is 21K Bitcoin (16.7K with the actual circulating supply), for altcoin it's more around 2% to 20% of total supply so they can manipulate the market like a lot of ICO scam, ninja instamine or airdrop scam... (/s it's all for the futur work of the dev team, they need to eat you know,  Roll Eyes )

DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:27:50 PM

Just curious. How much money do you need to be classified as a whale??  Grin Roll Eyes

whale is when you have a big amount of particular coin...
10,000 ethereum 1000000 KMD ..
sverrir

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:01:39 AM

I think that heavily depends on the coin. Own 10-20 % of total value i would guess.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: