Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [eMunie] Latest update, lots of new features and improvements.  (Read 9944 times)
Duetschpire

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 12:50:29 PM

Seeing Emu in the making from the very early days has made me love this innovation and support its advantages more and more every day.

Every time Fuserleer showed up and wrote something, it's something new and innovative.

I have a lot of faith in this and hope it will set the record for digital currency and the way transactions are processed and secured.

I do hope to see the P2P exchange built into the system/client itself. If this is the case, dumping and pumping could be controlled within the system to secure the market even more. More security = more interest in investment = more adoption and useability.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:03:20 PM

Looking forward to the launch  Grin
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 01:31:16 PM

• Decentralized P2P exchange

this is perhaps the most innovative idea of all cryptos to date.

How would it work in practice?

Assuming I'm a regular Joe who just got interested in emunie, how do I buy emu?

For exchange to/from other crypto currencies, the process is quite simple and fairly easy to implement (in theory, isn't that always the case).

Hatchers/Mediators in the system will keep a ledger of all buy/sell orders in the system, and these will be possible to access from the client.  When an order is completed, buy or sell, then that process of transfer, as other crypto's have the BCAPI, is simple to achieve and can be automated, the eMu's transferred to the appropriate party as with the other currency.

Fiat exchanges are a different ball game, as you need a link to the outside world, and all the red tape that comes with it.  Although we haven't worked out all the details of this just yet, I imagine something like the following would be implemented.

Assuming that the necessary fiat transfer mechanisms (merchant accounts and such, any legal requirements) are in place, then the actual process can remain pretty similar and all happen behind the scenes. 

The structure to handle fiat I would like to be as follows but first about the foundation (more detailed thread later):

The foundation will ultimately be a number of members with an interest in eMu, voted into that position by other foundation members and has some requirements.  The foundation will regulate SERVICES of the eMunie system, to ensure that any unscrupulous characters are kept OUT, the foundation will also work to further roll out other eMunie services that use the main system and be a platform to push development of eMunie features forward through a general consensus, perform fund raising for this development and so on.

Entities wanting to offer fiat exchange services would apply to the eMunie foundation (thread on this later on) for a license (essentially a special key). Those entities would be heavily vetted to ensure that they are trustworthy and that they have all the required licenses and funding available to run a fiat exchange.

These fiat exchanges would then be allowed onto the system, and will provide eMu <-> Fiat services.

From a users perspective, it will simply be an exchange panel to view the buy/sell orders, and a button to Buy/Sell fiat from one of the fiat exchanges.

As I said all of this is still very much in the air regarding fiat transfers, so suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:17:10 PM

Whats this about a built in escrow system? Can you touch on that for I don't remember reading that anywhere before.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
NickCoin

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:04:01 PM

Now if people are only allowed to buy in (without the ability to cash out in fiat), from legal point of view, I'd imagine the process would be simple.

Each EMU will be treated like a digital product/commodity that the exchange (acting as the merchant) can just sell at a certain price in $ fiat, like selling stock photos, ebooks, audio files.

Then the network can just function like a core framework on which other third party entities can establish shops to sell EMU (similar to how ppl can simply install ecommerce plugins to sell things with WordPress - but wordpress itself is not the merchant, nor shopping cart).

The legal challenge is when ppl want to cash out in $ fiat - now it suddenly touches the money laundering regulations because it has become a two way money transfer system.

I'm not a lawyer, so this may sound dump, but how about making those two entities separate and independent from each other?
  • Entity A to handle all buy in orders
  • Entity B handles all cash out orders

==> Could entity A and B in this case classified as auction service providers, instead being legally treated as money exchanges?
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 03:41:42 PM

Launch date?
mrvegad

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:05:16 PM

Launch date?
did u read op?
NickCoin

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:51:42 PM

Launch date?
looks like next launch schedule is end of July.
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

• Decentralized P2P exchange

this is perhaps the most innovative idea of all cryptos to date.

How would it work in practice?

Assuming I'm a regular Joe who just got interested in emunie, how do I buy emu?

For exchange to/from other crypto currencies, the process is quite simple and fairly easy to implement (in theory, isn't that always the case).

Hatchers/Mediators in the system will keep a ledger of all buy/sell orders in the system, and these will be possible to access from the client.  When an order is completed, buy or sell, then that process of transfer, as other crypto's have the BCAPI, is simple to achieve and can be automated, the eMu's transferred to the appropriate party as with the other currency.

Fiat exchanges are a different ball game, as you need a link to the outside world, and all the red tape that comes with it.  Although we haven't worked out all the details of this just yet, I imagine something like the following would be implemented.

Assuming that the necessary fiat transfer mechanisms (merchant accounts and such, any legal requirements) are in place, then the actual process can remain pretty similar and all happen behind the scenes. 

The structure to handle fiat I would like to be as follows but first about the foundation (more detailed thread later):

The foundation will ultimately be a number of members with an interest in eMu, voted into that position by other foundation members and has some requirements.  The foundation will regulate SERVICES of the eMunie system, to ensure that any unscrupulous characters are kept OUT, the foundation will also work to further roll out other eMunie services that use the main system and be a platform to push development of eMunie features forward through a general consensus, perform fund raising for this development and so on.

Entities wanting to offer fiat exchange services would apply to the eMunie foundation (thread on this later on) for a license (essentially a special key). Those entities would be heavily vetted to ensure that they are trustworthy and that they have all the required licenses and funding available to run a fiat exchange.

These fiat exchanges would then be allowed onto the system, and will provide eMu <-> Fiat services.

From a users perspective, it will simply be an exchange panel to view the buy/sell orders, and a button to Buy/Sell fiat from one of the fiat exchanges.

As I said all of this is still very much in the air regarding fiat transfers, so suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

thank you for sharing !

NickCoin

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:24:53 AM

I bet the first crypto that manages to pull out a working decentralized exchange will be the king of all.
The rewards is a billion dollar cap. Let's see if it will be eMunie Smiley, sounds promising.
mrvegad

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:44:12 PM

I bet the first crypto that manages to pull out a working decentralized exchange will be the king of all.
The rewards is a billion dollar cap. Let's see if it will be eMunie Smiley, sounds promising.

Definitely looking forward to this!
gveltre

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:58:56 PM

sounds very interesting. 
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:32:48 PM

cant wait for it Smiley
solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 08:58:46 PM

Very cool stuff.

I heard somewhere that you will be using Java to implement this?

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
mrvegad

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:32:37 PM

I think that's just for the beta, i have read the final client might be c++
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 11:18:08 PM

Yup Java to start with, then migrating to a C++ client in the future.

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:08:14 AM

have visited the forum and did some more DD looking very good and time is about right for a new innovative coin.

http://forum.emunie.com/

NickCoin

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:19:19 AM

have visited the forum and did some more DD looking very good and time is about right for a new innovative coin.

There are already lots of copycat altcoins borrowing ideas from this, but all are still ideas in whitepapers and nothing more than that.

What I'd love to see is something tangle, the ideas and the systems here sound promising, particularly the dynamic adjustment to meet demand and supply equation, which to this date none of the alt have addressed.

However, for being such a different system, we won't know for sure whether it will be able to make the prices stable as it is designed to be, or would it be treated just like another store of value, like Bitcoin, where people tend to hoard, pump and dump at will.

If such things happen without proper anti-measures, eMunie would not go far, perhaps, at most, one day it will stand equal among BTC and LTC.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:29:25 AM

There are already lots of copycat altcoins borrowing ideas from this, but all are still ideas in whitepapers and nothing more than that.

What I'd love to see is something tangle, the ideas and the systems here sound promising, particularly the dynamic adjustment to meet demand and supply equation, which to this date none of the alt have addressed.

However, for being such a different system, we won't know for sure whether it will be able to make the prices stable as it is designed to be, or would it be treated just like another store of value, like Bitcoin, where people tend to hoard, pump and dump at will.

If such things happen without proper anti-measures, eMunie would not go far, perhaps, at most, one day it will stand equal among BTC and LTC.

that is indeed a challenge we have to tacle, i am confident we will find a solution.

SylTi

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:36:06 AM

Humm, I already can see the abuse of power from the futur "Foundation"

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: