Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:35:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 12 Bitcoin. What should I do???  (Read 18589 times)
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:30:02 PM

If I had 12 bitcoin in my wallet I would only convert 1 bitcoin to fiat just to spend. I would cut others in half, hold half in btc, divide other half in ethereum, monero and many other altcoins.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:33:33 PM

I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

My question is, what do I do now?

As far as I can see, I have 4 options;

1) Hold the Bitcoin

2) Invest in altcoins and leave a little in Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

4) Convert it to fiat (probably the dumbest idea)

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams (after bribing a few of the devs, I got massive discounts in comparison to market prices and drove the volume up on their respective markets to get them listed on coinmarketcap which catapulted their price). Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

Do what you've been doing man! you've nearly 100x your money in a few months time! If you can do that again then you'd have nearly 10m usd which would allow you to do all of your 4 options and live a great life!

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:37:06 PM

Make a Bitcoin fork. It must be named BITCOIN ......It seems to be the no1 way to create money out of thin air.
Dont forget to premine some You seem to like scams. You will beat all long lasting alts that seem to struggle to get their recognition.  BTC+ BCH+ BTG = how much market share?
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:40:17 PM

Consider investing Lisk and Waves with a big portion of your money, put some of them to ETH, and leave smaller portion for BTC. Actually, you made good decisions, then you had 12 BTC. Maybe you can suggest us what to do Smiley
Action Gamble

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:47:07 PM

I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

1) Hold the Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams (after bribing a few of the devs, I got massive discounts in comparison to market prices and drove the volume up on their respective markets to get them listed on coinmarketcap which catapulted their price). Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.
It is a bad idea to invest your btc in altcoins especially in this period now it is 9000$ and it has the possibility to rise until 10000$ so i propose to you to keep them in your portfolio.

TheNostradamus

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:47:41 PM

Consider investing Lisk and Waves with a big portion of your money, put some of them to ETH, and leave smaller portion for BTC. Actually, you made good decisions, then you had 12 BTC. Maybe you can suggest us what to do Smiley

I hold both of these projects and I believe they are up to some good things in the future. But never go all in. So perhaps hold 50% in btc and the rest in altcoins like Lisk, Waves or another good one. If BTC goes up you may be end up with some better bargain prices.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:50:28 PM

12 btc is a really good amount and right now I think its better not to invest it anywhere as the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher and you can make huge profits only by holding it in your wallet as investment involves risk of loosing money and with current price you cannot afford to loose it.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:53:17 PM

Dudeeeeee you made 12 btc from 0.01, what??! xD

My suggestion is, hold that BTC because as you can see the price of bitcoin keep rising like there is no tomorrow. Or my other suggestion would be, convert 1 btc to multiple coins such as ETH, Stratis, NEO, Monero, etc or new ICOs. You can make even moreeeee money with just 1 btc. But the easiest way is just to hold it because I'm sure bitcoin will rise even further!
Jack Dunn

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:57:41 PM

Create a good crypto portfolio
5 BTC => BTC
5 BTC => ETH
1 BTC => other alts (NEO, OMG, DASH etc)
1 BTC => ICOs and small market cap coins ( basically high risk)
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:59:50 PM

Dudeeeeee you made 12 btc from 0.01, what??! xD

Am I the only one not believing it?

He made 12 BTC from 0.01... and he is asking for advices? Come on... Just trolling us very much.

Look at his really funny\Warren Buffet inspired story:
after bribing a few of the devs, I got massive discounts in comparison to market prices and drove the volume up on their respective markets to get them listed on coinmarketcap which catapulted their price

Yeah... sure mate... bad news: you are registered from 2nd of November so it's not possible (those scam coins were much before). Retry next time.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
cryptodaking1

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:23:52 PM

I feel that it is about time to exit bitcoin and start buying altcoins. Amor looks like a good candidate to me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2376207.0 They are decentralising the dating industry
Djabba

Activity: 528

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:07 PM

You can buy a few altcoins from the top 10 and the rest would be left in bitcoin and ETH. But if you could earn 12 bitcoin so quickly why stop there - you can continue to trade also further, I think you are good at it
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:46:21 PM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

To me you have a big money !! You can invest Altcoin for higher profit or keep BTC, If I have, I will keep 10 BTC and invest 2 BTC in altcoin.
BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:48:13 PM

I think that it depends on your life condition.

If you are in a good life condition and you don't have anything missing in your life, you can just hold it.
But if you afraid of this money and you entered a point where you can't afford losing it, I would recommend you to at least sell some of your holdings.
It also really depends what was the price of bitcoin when you purchased it, because you may consider to at least return your investment amount.

With 12 bitcoin, you can make many combinations to get more from them. You can convert them into USDT and wait to buy more bitcoin from cheaper price if you don't believe this positive trend will not continue.

Or, you can get cheap altcoins to expect more profit from them in long run by holding them.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:48:34 PM

If you can turn 0.01 BTC + $1000 into 12 BTC within six months, then you don't need my advice or anyone else's.
You're obviously very good at what you're doing, so stick with it.
For what it's worth, I'd advise don't throw everything into one project in case you lose it all. Best to be a bit pragmatic. And two, if you keep increasing your holdings at that rate, you'll soon be enough of a whale to influence markets, so be aware of that too.

rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:57:21 PM

Many people can offer many suggestions. But this is probably the best advice that you will not be able to sell or trade Bitcoin, you put your coins in front. It's better than the best.

Be hardworker
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:59:08 PM

I think you should hold your Bitcoin and in case you want to enjoy life, then you could convert some of it to fiat. I don't think that switching to altcoins is a good idea, almost all altcoins are doomed to fail. There're just copies of Bitcoin with some different characteristics, developers act like it solves all problems but it doesn't. It's either a temporary solution or it isn't a solution. However there are some altcoins that might have success but you got to research them carefully and you shouldn't invest more than 20% of your current capital in Altcoins. But it's still your own choice, you should do what you think is the best.
diogoo

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:35:41 PM

There are already tons of coins. Unless you have a killer idea I would keep doing whatever your doing because it's working very well and above market growth.
cryptowomba

Activity: 233

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:44:56 PM

Hold onto those 12 coins, If you wanted to be a little adventurous, you could use half of one to invest into other projects. But please don't blow it all on ICO's!
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:48:39 PM

I don't think you need to be asking the community what to do. Sounds like you've done a pretty incredible job all on your own. Maybe I should be asking YOU what I should do next with my 0.2 BTC  Grin

Seriously though, thank you for sharing. Very interesting journey.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: