Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:00:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining motherboard - Onda B250 BTC-D8P - Anyone tried ?  (Read 3896 times)
serkan7554

Activity: 378
Merit: 21

English ↳ Turkish Translator ✓

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:25:50 PM

Hello guys, I  got few rigs set up on this Onda B250 D8P motherboard and all share the same problem - everything works great on every possible setup, except when you put card in 1st GPU slot(the 16x one), then it gives out constant 4Mh/s from a GPU that is in the first slot and other cards get unstable hashate(keeps jumping up and down), which also gives SMOS monitor wrong info on monitoring. It works perfectly on a  7 card setup with 1st slot being empty. Works also great, when using 8 cards but one card is plugged on the small pci-e port thru a riser(again, 16x slot is empty). So my question is, are there any BIOS setting I am missing, or something else? I can already say that it cannot be a faulty board, since more than 10 rigs share the same problem.

Using SMOS, mining only ETH w/ AMD rx570 gpus,  1650w psu, celeron g3930(iirc), m.2 ssd.
If you need more details, let me know, been struggling with this for a very long time already
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

I had the same problem. change mode I think this solution.

i have 230 cards.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jogurtinsh

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:03:54 PM

Hello guys, I  got few rigs set up on this Onda B250 D8P motherboard and all share the same problem - everything works great on every possible setup, except when you put card in 1st GPU slot(the 16x one), then it gives out constant 4Mh/s from a GPU that is in the first slot and other cards get unstable hashate(keeps jumping up and down), which also gives SMOS monitor wrong info on monitoring. It works perfectly on a  7 card setup with 1st slot being empty. Works also great, when using 8 cards but one card is plugged on the small pci-e port thru a riser(again, 16x slot is empty). So my question is, are there any BIOS setting I am missing, or something else? I can already say that it cannot be a faulty board, since more than 10 rigs share the same problem.

Using SMOS, mining only ETH w/ AMD rx570 gpus,  1650w psu, celeron g3930(iirc), m.2 ssd.
If you need more details, let me know, been struggling with this for a very long time already

I know it probably has nothing to do with your problem, but the onda D8P doesn't have an M.2 slot....

Very strange its only the first slot, but its on all boards... so that part makes me curious since its pretty much not reasonable to happen.

Sorry, my bad. Wanted to say mSata slot

I had the same problem. change mode I think this solution.

i have 230 cards.
Thank you for answering.
What do you mean with "change mode"?
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:26:41 PM

I finally got around to putting 8 gpu’s into by newer 8 gpu version Onda board. I plugged in 2/6 6 pin connectors on the motherboard but only 4 of my 1070 ti’s will power up. Do you really have to plug in all 6 and then plug in 8 more for the cards? That’s just ridiculous. Even my 1600g2 doesn’t have enough connectors without ordering splitters or extensions. I only needed 2 6 pins on the octo board, I can’t think of any good reason to require all 6 when your directly powering the cards anyways.

Am I missing something or is this the actual requirement?
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 11:01:18 PM

I finally got around to putting 8 gpu’s into by newer 8 gpu version Onda board. I plugged in 2/6 6 pin connectors on the motherboard but only 4 of my 1070 ti’s will power up. Do you really have to plug in all 6 and then plug in 8 more for the cards? That’s just ridiculous. Even my 1600g2 doesn’t have enough connectors without ordering splitters or extensions. I only needed 2 6 pins on the octo board, I can’t think of any good reason to require all 6 when your directly powering the cards anyways.

Am I missing something or is this the actual requirement?

GPU's can draw up to 75W through the PCIE slot.   they need juice.... gotta make it available to them.  if you are populating all 16x slots, you need ALL extra power plugs plugged in.... as the 16x slots don't get power from anywhere else.   some 16x slots share the same molex/sata port, but, in general, they are necessary to plug in.

Remember, only two plugs per PCIE cable or per SATA/molex cable.
if using a SATA cable;  you could try one splitter and powering 3 ports;  but I do not recommend.

These boards do have hefty requirements to fully work.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
quick1unc

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:34:59 AM

That isn't the case for the Octominer board. You only need 2 of the 6 pin connectors on the board for power even with 8 gpu's. I guess the Onda is different, but its definitely a hassle from a connection stand point.  I still like the Onda board better for windows operation though as with a g4400 cpu its so much more responsive than my Octo board.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:22:42 AM

I have to say I am really liking this Onda B250, it runs great no matter what I throw at it. Simple Mining OS, Win10, Debian. They all just work. I currently have 7 480X 8gb cards in it. I had 8 but one died, it will be back from RMA in a few days. It worked great when all 8 were in there. Starting to think I should buy one or two more of these instead of wasting time messing around with other boards.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 12:54:37 AM

I have to say I am really liking this Onda B250, it runs great no matter what I throw at it. Simple Mining OS, Win10, Debian. They all just work. I currently have 7 480X 8gb cards in it. I had 8 but one died, it will be back from RMA in a few days. It worked great when all 8 were in there. Starting to think I should buy one or two more of these instead of wasting time messing around with other boards.

another facet:

If you accidentally bump the BIOS reset when plugging in a USB (keyboard/mouse in my instance) all you need to do is F1 into BIOS, and set default graphics to IGFX....    simple.

But yeah, im loving this board.    It's the perfect format IMHO.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

quick1unc

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:59:33 AM

Bought some 6 pin extenders and just used the unused 6 pin off each of my gpu cables to fill the motherboard 6 pin slots and everything worked like a champ. 8 gigabyte 1070 ti’s running with no issues. It did bump the power usage up a bit compared to the same setup on my octo board but not enough to be an issue.
bubbAJoe

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:34:40 AM

Bought some 6 pin extenders and just used the unused 6 pin off each of my gpu cables to fill the motherboard 6 pin slots and everything worked like a champ. 8 gigabyte 1070 ti’s running with no issues. It did bump the power usage up a bit compared to the same setup on my octo board but not enough to be an issue.

Huh?  The B250 D8P doesn't have 6-pin slots on the mobo, at least version 1 doesn't....

Oh wait, you're talking about the Octominer board?
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 02:48:32 AM

Huh?  The B250 D8P doesn't have 6-pin slots on the mobo, at least version 1 doesn't....

Oh wait, you're talking about the Octominer board?
D8P V2 has 6 pin PCIE power replacing sata/molex, as well as a repositioned ATX power port..... from what I recall.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:48:26 PM

Good to know. I have not done much with the bios other than a quick look.

another facet:

If you accidentally bump the BIOS reset when plugging in a USB (keyboard/mouse in my instance) all you need to do is F1 into BIOS, and set default graphics to IGFX....    simple.

But yeah, im loving this board.    It's the perfect format IMHO.

map_ua
Copper Member

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

Tg: @map_ua Discrod: vjmap#6929

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:33:42 PM

Hello guys, I  got few rigs set up on this Onda B250 D8P motherboard and all share the same problem - everything works great on every possible setup, except when you put card in 1st GPU slot(the 16x one), then it gives out constant 4Mh/s from a GPU that is in the first slot and other cards get unstable hashate(keeps jumping up and down), which also gives SMOS monitor wrong info on monitoring. It works perfectly on a  7 card setup with 1st slot being empty.

just got the same problem. With all my motherboards. Long time lurking and the fix is:

1) load bios
2) system agent
3) gpu settings
4) port 1 was set not like others. just set the same settings for port 1 like for others.

Private CPU pool, pm me to join 150%-180% of xmr profit.
x8664amd

Activity: 129
Merit: 6

Long term HODLer since 2014

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:16:58 PM

Hello guys, I  got few rigs set up on this Onda B250 D8P motherboard and all share the same problem - everything works great on every possible setup, except when you put card in 1st GPU slot(the 16x one), then it gives out constant 4Mh/s from a GPU that is in the first slot and other cards get unstable hashate(keeps jumping up and down), which also gives SMOS monitor wrong info on monitoring. It works perfectly on a  7 card setup with 1st slot being empty.

just got the same problem. With all my motherboards. Long time lurking and the fix is:

1) load bios
2) system agent
3) gpu settings
4) port 1 was set not like others. just set the same settings for port 1 like for others.

Thanks, this has been a savior for me. I spent hours debugging the same problem as well.

Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. Just HODL.
bubbAJoe

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:59:53 PM

I know what the specs say for supported CPUs, but has anyone tried an 8th Gen 1151 CPU in this board?
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 12:33:38 AM

I know what the specs say for supported CPUs, but has anyone tried an 8th Gen 1151 CPU in this board?
B250 does not support 8th gen;  same socket, different pinout.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:44:00 AM

Its sound like good motherboard. Simple but worthy. Cheap but not cheaper. I have use it for a long time and until to day its not get some trouble. But remember do't to push it too much and don't forget to keep clean it. Happy mining bro/sist with it. Smiley
markeljan19

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:08:09 PM

1) load bios
2) system agent
3) gpu settings

Wow thank you 100x .  Spent all day looking for this solution.

If anyone is having trouble on the v4 motherboard just look for port settings and match port 1 settings with port 2 and 3 (set everything to auto).
OliverCoin

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:36:41 AM

Im new to the mining and computer building in general.
Been learning mainly from youtube.

Ive order 4 Onda B250 boards from alibaba with 1650watt PSU

CPU G4400
Ram 4GB Sodimm.
GPUs RX570 4gb
SMOS intended

this is my first rig build or computer build.

ive installed CPU, Ram all power including 3molex and 3sata and 1st GPU.

im having same problems as everyone else. no signal. CPU and GPU fans running.

Ive tried bridging the FP1 pwr pins for first boot.

I don't have SSD drive installed yet.

plan was to install windows from usb so i can use the rig to perform bios mod on GPUs first before switching to smos.

I have no video signal from board or GPU.

am i correct in assuming that i don't need harddrive installed to access bios or get video signal at least.

no signal no beeps just fans spinning.
bubbAJoe

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:55:16 AM

Is the monitor plugged into the GPU? If it is, that's your problem.

I'd just first boot without any GPUs plugged in and get your OS setup.  Then you can add GPUs.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 12:07:06 AM

Im new to the mining and computer building in general.
Been learning mainly from youtube.

Ive order 4 Onda B250 boards from alibaba with 1650watt PSU

CPU G4400
Ram 4GB Sodimm.
GPUs RX570 4gb
SMOS intended

this is my first rig build or computer build.

ive installed CPU, Ram all power including 3molex and 3sata and 1st GPU.

im having same problems as everyone else. no signal. CPU and GPU fans running.

Ive tried bridging the FP1 pwr pins for first boot.

I don't have SSD drive installed yet.

plan was to install windows from usb so i can use the rig to perform bios mod on GPUs first before switching to smos.

I have no video signal from board or GPU.

am i correct in assuming that i don't need harddrive installed to access bios or get video signal at least.

no signal no beeps just fans spinning.

whats the ram DDR4?  DDR3?  cause it needs to be 1.2v spec if DDR4 a lot of DDR4 sodimms aren't 1.2v.....  This is key to the DDR4 version of the ONDA boards.

My suggestion;  power the board power, as well as cpu power cables.  populate the first PCIE/SATA power plug (it feeds the important stuff as well as the first 16x slot).  It is better to populate them all, but the one closest to the CPU is the one that powers the 16x slot and major system components in that area.

flip on psu power;  it should boot on its own right off.   if not; flip power on psu off and wait for it to fully discharge (everything off).  now press the cmos reset button near the USB ports.    press it for 3-5 sec just to be on the safe side.

then power the PSU back on and see if it still does the same thing.  it should boot no issues with a good cpu/ram config.

My guess it the memory;  with the PCIE slots unpopulated and only the HDMI on board hooked up;  it should POST....    If not;  memory or CPU is the culprit....  possibly the board;  but from what I have heard thus far;  the DOA rate is quite low considering how many boards overall they have made thus far.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: