Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:32:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin expensive to use  (Read 795 times)
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:04:02 PM

The fee is not fixed it depends on how much you are transacting with.. but yes in comparison to others aka bch it is higher.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:12:10 PM

The increasing value of Bitcoin doesn't make products more expensive, on the contrary, it could make products cheaper at shops don't use a fiat to BTC conversion rate. But you're right about the high transaction fees, this is a temporary problem Bitcoin has. Solutions like Segwit are already available but they need to be used by more people to speed up the network.
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:05:34 PM

Weird I'm on one exchange saw a Commission of 0.001 was written there is a Commission system. See I don't understand.
The exchanger take a higher fee to make sure your transactions on a top priority in a bitcoin network transactions, besides they will cut-off your transactions fee as their profit.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:26:10 PM

Weird I'm on one exchange saw a Commission of 0.001 was written there is a Commission system. See I don't understand.
The exchanger take a higher fee to make sure your transactions on a top priority in a bitcoin network transactions, besides they will cut-off your transactions fee as their profit.
It is usually to happen to any exchanger as they saw that the market is high then, they probably increase the cost of transaction. We can't blame them because that is their strategies to generate more income. And still we don't have any choice, even though their fees is high but we still need their service for us to continue our transaction process. Only we can do is to try convincing them to lower the cost/fees  to have fairly transaction expenses.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:46:07 PM

Explain to the newbie because with the increase in the value of bitcoin grows and Commission of the network 0.001 (if I'm not mistaken) it is very expensive. Bitcoin to become like the big ingot of gold, which is a pleasure to own but it is inconvenient to use in everyday life. The community decides for ease of use, or we will move on to altcoins?
it is possible that the newbie fee 0.001 is very expensive because the newbie does not have the experience and the bitcoin income as its predecessors, but actually it is worth the income that can be earned now .. with great revenue ,, it is very worthy for the income of bitcoin users ,, which have already used bitcoin
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:55:35 PM

Yes, I found it too that it is so expensive because I just need to send 3 dollars but the fee is very huge than the money I need to send on, this is due to the expensive value per bitcoin, and I guess this is t prevent to make people withdraw thie money due to high price and get their profit..  Grin
KipKoolCrypto

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:56:24 PM

yes its expensiuve they to reduce the ammount of feess in my opnion before they get proper adoption. I dont like this fact
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:01:06 PM

I would say yes, bitcoin is a bit expensive to use I wish the online wallet banks
could lower their fees, that would make my day. The bitcoin price is going up day by day
so more fees adding up. Roll Eyes

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Paecga129

Activity: 422

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:20:29 PM

Bitcoin was always very, very cheap and fast to use and confirm. It never used to be this way. It used to only take a few seconds to see your transaction appear on the blockchain and have it confirmed. And there was no need to send a fee even - you could send a transaction with 0 fees and it would get approved quickly. However, unfortunately this is changing. Every day that goes by the network is more and more congested and fees are going up. It sucks. :-? Oh well! Hope this is a solution soon.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:30:36 PM

Yes, it is very expensive to send small transaction via bitcoin as it reaches its max transaction throughput. It is a hot topic on how to scale bitcoin. So bitcoin is more like a digital gold for storing value and less like a cryptocurrency for daily transactions.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:51:35 PM

Yes, it is very expensive to send small transaction via bitcoin as it reaches its max transaction throughput. It is a hot topic on how to scale bitcoin. So bitcoin is more like a digital gold for storing value and less like a cryptocurrency for daily transactions.

Bitcoin became more of a asset or investment than being a currency. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing for bitcoin to go over the price right now because there is a positive effect whether it goes down or up, if bitcoin price goes up investment rises and if the price goes down less transaction value.

If the question is bitcoin expensive to use then yes it is, but it depends on your reason of using, if you are only use bitcoin for gambling, buying things etc. then it is expensive but if you're about to use it for quick sending then it is not expensive at all. The purpose of why you use will tell you if its expensive.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Markzuckertion

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:00:46 PM

Explain to the newbie because with the increase in the value of bitcoin grows and Commission of the network 0.001 (if I'm not mistaken) it is very expensive. Bitcoin to become like the big ingot of gold, which is a pleasure to own but it is inconvenient to use in everyday life. The community decides for ease of use, or we will move on to altcoins?
Yes the trasaction will become slower when most of people are use it. So I think it will be good if bitcoin is only used for rich people that will be bitcoin investors and certain countries, I don't think that bitcoin need to be used by all people in the world.

dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:18:21 PM

Bitcoin became more of a asset or investment than being a currency. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing for bitcoin to go over the price right now because there is a positive effect whether it goes down or up, if bitcoin price goes up investment rises and if the price goes down less transaction value.

If the question is bitcoin expensive to use then yes it is, but it depends on your reason of using, if you are only use bitcoin for gambling, buying things etc. then it is expensive but if you're about to use it for quick sending then it is not expensive at all. The purpose of why you use will tell you if its expensive.

for now the function of bitcoin as currency is still not maximal. most people still use it as a commodity with a very high sale value. well, because bitcoin has not been recognized globally, so the use of bitcoin is still limited to other users.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:22:45 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 07:21:51 AM by ladydark

Bitcoin is nowadays used more as a store value and so,it would not be an issue.If it has been thought like that,then already many would have switched to altcoins.But it has not occurred.Segwit was activated to solve this issue and it was also solved to some extent,but some miners just mine empty blocks to make transactions get stuck and so,transaction fee has increased.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:50:50 PM

I would like to make a case for bitcoin not being expensive to use.  Smiley

There's a 9% to 14% sales tax in some US states. This implies that if a person makes a $100 purchase, their sales tax could be $9 to $14. Purchasing something that costs $100 in bitcoin and paying xfer fees is much cheaper than a $9 to $14 sales tax in fiat.

In europe, there is something called a VAT (value added tax) which is like their equivalent of the sales tax the USA has. The VAT can go as high as 20% on goods and services which qualify. 20% is a far more massive value than the cost of bitcoin transfer fees.

One might make a case of the euro and dollar charging far more in sales tax and VAT (which are almost like fiat transfer fees) than the cost of using bitcoin.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 11:53:02 PM

I think Bitcoin when you buy it in whole is expensive but if you buy it in part, it is not.  That is the good thing in Bitcoin, we can buy it by parts.  With regards to the transaction fee, I do not think that it is expensive, and it varies depend on the number of people demanding the confirmation.  Aside from that if you buy Bitcoin, you also have the value of that money in Bitcoin, so I think you do not lose or put anything to waste here.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

Honestly its not that expensive at any price. Few months ago when bitcoin was at 2700$ I thought absolutely same thing, and after few weeks I purchased bitcoins at 5200$, Now I am almost doubling the profit. I am sure if you buy it today at 9400$, after a year or two you will have 100% profit.

Wow you are really lucky and you have made the right decision in right time.

Well bitcoin is not expensive but the fe of the transactions has to be adjusted otherwise miners will get all the money.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:57:43 PM

That is what LTC is for  Wink

Truth is the new hatespeech.
dotts

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:48:22 AM

Bitcoin is expensive to use because the cryptocurrency adoption is up. Bitcoin is at all-time highs right now. As bitcoin grow in popularity, so did all cryptocurrencies which are cheaper than 1 BTC.
Aleksabit11

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:22:54 PM

It is really too expensive for small transactions, it is like paying double.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: