Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] The Bitcoin Knight Original Sketch, 1 of 1  (Read 306 times)
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:18:04 PM

This is the original sketch of our upcoming "Bitcoin Knight" art print.  The final version, which will be filled in with more details and colored, will be limited to 21, and will be released on December 1st. 

This original sketch was done digitally and we are auctioning it off as a 1 of 1.

The print size will measure 24"x36" inches and will be signed and numbered as 1 of 1 along with our Private Collection embossed seal.

This original sketch will never be offered in any other size, ever again.

Featuring a modern knight with a slaughtered bear, the Bitcoin knight continues to battle and gain strength from each blow that comes his way.

Picture here:  https://imgur.com/a/NT8y5

Auction Terms:

Starting Bid:  0.025

Bid Incremeents:  .0025

Auction Ends:  Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 5PM Eastern Time

Sniping:  No, each bid in the final 15 minutes adds 15 minutes until no bid has been made for 15 minutes

Forum downtime:  If the forum goes offline in the final 4 hours of the auction I may extend the auction at my discretion

Shipping:  $10 Domestic.  International shipping, $25
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dolphriends

Activity: 1736
Merit: 440

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:39:50 PM

Cannot support this type of sketch, sorry. 
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:42:16 PM

Cannot support this type of sketch, sorry. 

the majority of our pieces are sketched digitally on tablets.  you guys are the digital age, come on! Tongue
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:01:04 PM

The sketch doesn't really have anything to do with bitcoin except for the title.

Looking for a signature campaign.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:08:39 PM

The sketch doesn't really have anything to do with bitcoin except for the title.

guess I should have released the finalized version first, then the original sketch.  the  final version will have Bitcoin logos on his armor and his armor will be a beautiful gold.  it will be subtle, though. 
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:42:42 PM

This should be moved to goods section
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:44:31 PM

guess I should have released the finalized version first, then the original sketch.  the  final version will have Bitcoin logos on his armor and his armor will be a beautiful gold.  it will be subtle, though. 

Final version....  Original sketch...   I thought this was a one of 1...   So there is more then 1?Huh
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:57:33 PM

Final version....  Original sketch...   I thought this was a one of 1...   So there is more then 1?Huh

the final version will be fully detailed with coloring added and several other details.  this is the preliminary sketch, basically the "beginning" of what the design will be.  should have released the other first, would have made more sense.

This one is indeed the original 1 of 1.  the final version is not going to look like this at all, as it will be heavily detailed, fine-tuned, and tons of colors added with other background pieces. 
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:34:35 PM

I agree releasing the Bitcoin themed one first would've been a good idea.  Is the final version complete or still in brainstorming?

BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:41:35 PM

the final version will be fully detailed with coloring added and several other details.  this is the preliminary sketch, basically the "beginning" of what the design will be.  should have released the other first, would have made more sense.

This one is indeed the original 1 of 1.  the final version is not going to look like this at all, as it will be heavily detailed, fine-tuned, and tons of colors added with other background pieces. 

I don't  understand selling an original "1 of 1" but later have other copies released ..   making the original not a

1 of 1...    Are there multiple copies of all your 1 of 1 work....
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:47:22 AM

your work is no longer becoming a collectible. its something new every other day and there is no collectible quality to it because you are oversaturating your own market. putting a bullshit limit of 21 on these things doesnt mean anything. now im not trying to chase you away but maybe try and time your releases together and offer a series or something. people have nicely suggested you post these in the Goods section because they feel the same way.

slapping a reused print on a desk pen holder and limiting it to 21 and overcharging for it... thats the one that really got to me and sparked this rant.

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:06:11 AM

I hate to say it but I have to agree.
Don’t get me wrong, I really like your work and think you’re super talented, but releasing new prints every other day reduces the collectible factor. You could still sell them as crypto merch but they’re not suited to the collector’s sub.
I think you either need to go easy on the releases or just change the angle of your sales model (more crypto art than crypto collectibles).
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:03:19 PM

your work is no longer becoming a collectible. its something new every other day and there is no collectible quality to it because you are oversaturating your own market. putting a bullshit limit of 21 on these things doesnt mean anything. now im not trying to chase you away but maybe try and time your releases together and offer a series or something. people have nicely suggested you post these in the Goods section because they feel the same way.

slapping a reused print on a desk pen holder and limiting it to 21 and overcharging for it... thats the one that really got to me and sparked this rant.

I see what you mean.  I never did end up selling that, was just gauging interest.

I still feel they are collectible; regardless of if there's a new design, how could the Bitcoin Knight be any less collectible because the To the Moon was released?  They are completely different designs and of their own uniqueness.  I do agree with spreading things out.  And I will do that from now on.

I suppose the excitement of the Bitcoin space hit me like a train, honestly.  I personally got into Bitcoin just barely in July and the excitement for me keeps growing.  So it only made sense for me to work on what I am truly passionate about, rather than focus on pop culture pieces which, honestly, the passion for that was fading. 

I don't have any new designs in the que except for this one and then one original, hand painted oil on canvas that's now taken 4 weeks so far.  Other than that, you won't see anything new from me until next year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: