Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4474 times)
TaKlarPH (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:43:12 PM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paragon07

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:52:44 PM

yes you may hold your altcoin for a year or how many years you want, the value of your token will remain. but you have no idea if the price on the market will increase or decrease. just playing a HI - LOW games.

you can't trade of transfer token on market if you have no gas at all. so you need more gas if want to trade all your token.

ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:57:58 PM

Yes as long as the altcoins is using in your community and nt yet ban but if it is ban u cant use it anymore

shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:03:56 PM

yes you may hold your altcoin for a year or how many years you want, the value of your token will remain. but you have no idea if the price on the market will increase or decrease. just playing a HI - LOW games.

you can't trade of transfer token on market if you have no gas at all. so you need more gas if want to trade all your token.

GAS can be traded like a regular cryptocurrency. But if you have NEO coins, you can get GAS for free if you save your NEO in personal NEO wallet (not exchange) by controlling your own private key. Grin

uobaaagrf

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:04:01 PM

In general, long-term investments tend to make investors more comfortable, because you do not need to focus entirely on altcoin.
However, you need a long-term investment in altcoin with a great potential and future to make a big profit, such as ETH? Last year, ETH unit price of less than 10 US dollars.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:06:18 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

You can keep tokens in your wallet for as long as you like, the market will still trade and determine the price, when you feel you are ready to cash out then you can get some gas and then sell your tokens, there are no restrictions on the length of time someone can hold coins or tokens in their wallet.
Nariza

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:04:20 PM

Of course yes. You can hold your altcoins as long as you want. But if you want it to trade, you should monitor the price in the market and make sure the value goes high before you sell it to avoid losses.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:13:12 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

you can hold it as long as u want.

if price will go up or down depends of project devs and god Smiley
YoungMaster

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:23:57 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Yes, it's all back to altcoins/tokens which you hold with their whitepaper and roadmap.
If they have a proper planning for their development, there could be a possibility pump by some people just like the pump groups.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:14 PM

Yes you can, aslong as that alt is still existing. But its value will never be the same as before, because all altcoins price is not stable. Sometimes its increasing and sometimes dcreasing. Just hope that the altcoin you hold is profitable even if you hold it for long years.

yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:30:04 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

You can hold it as long you need and no one will stop you, it's yours. But let me remind you something about the risk that maybe happen. First, coin has future but real market has their own answer, your coin has possibility become scam ( has no value ), missing ( stolen ) and maybe you forget if you have one. Second, why you not take another ways to grow up your coin with trading? more valuable but also there's risk to face it. But it's your coin and good luck with you.

Allan Ramanda

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:43:51 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

if you are unsure of the coin. you should sell or trade to ethereum to invest in the long term. because I do not want to get a loss with only 1 coin that is not clear potential.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:05:21 PM

yes you can hold your altcoin in your wallet but regarding with your concern, will the value remain, it depends on the altcoin you want to hold. Make sure the altcoin you will choose is the best one that can give you profit so you should do some research first before you choose.
iblistenan

Merit: 109

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:11:03 PM

the value is still except is a PoS coin youll get more by jost hodling it, any how theres a chance that the price of coin you hold will increase so you have the opportunity to gain profit
totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:13:27 PM

Your question is not clear,if you put the coin in your wallet and hold it for a long time it may increase or decrease the prices theres no expiration date for the coins even if you hold it for a lifetime.

IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:20:33 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

The life of token is depend on many things. One of factor is the community of its token. If the community not longer support, then, it will die faster. Another things is, it also depend on market, if volume get higher, then i believe the price will go up.

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:21:22 PM

Yes you can hold any altcoin as long as you want but that's not advisable especially to those pump and dump coins or any shittokens they do not last long unlike in top 10 altcoins in coinmarketcap atleast in those top 10 you are confident to hold it since the value doesn't drop very fast and doesn't depend on pump and dump so it is better to choose on the top 10 coins if you want to hold altcoins for long term
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:23:38 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

That depends on your choice, if the klarity token has so big community behind it and very profesional developer and the value of the token will be higher in the future, All of your analyzation gives a lot of the impact for your choice. And you must to do it seriously if you are aiming for the longterm holding or investment.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:26:20 PM

Dont know about that kalrity token you are talking about but not any coin can have constant price for years. However amount of token you have in your wallet or eth address will not change despite any amount of eth you will have there.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:28:29 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Yes you can hold your altcoins in your wallet. But altcoins price depends in the market sale. It may go down but it also may rise. Holding altcoins while the price is low and selling it when its price is high is a good tactic.

404 Not Found
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
  Print  

Jump to: