Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4479 times)
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:28:20 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

Yes you can, the problem will be certainly which wallet provider are you using for your alts and if they'r reliable.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:34:22 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

As far as i know you can hold them there as much as you want. GAS is needed only for transactions. There are so many wallets without money inside but only tokens, if there would be any issue, total market cap would decrease everyday.
good point the gas is only needed when you will make a transaction but in terms of your token inside it will not disappear though the value can fell down its always depend from the market and also relied with the dev if they continue progressing and working with their coin. that's why it is important to study each project that we will going to invest so we have an idea if its good for saving inside our wallet for much longer period.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:47:32 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

You can completely keep your altcoin in your wallet whenever you want and no time limit. Altcoin will not lose, this is sure but in terms of value, I'm not sure it will achieve the high value you want because the market is constantly fluctuating. Over a long period of time, we do not know what is ahead in the future. If there is potential, it can increase value in the future. You should monitor market information to know the value of the altcoins
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:54:41 AM

Yes you can as long as you want,  its your altcoin so its up to you if you want to hold it in a long term, but expect that anytime the value of the coin you hold can be gone but you are lucky if its increase.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:18:46 AM

It depends on you. Let me give you some positive advice regarding this.

Don't just put all eggs in one basket, or do not rely in just one source. Just don't wait for it to grow, explore as much as you can. To be honest, I am owning 20+ altcoins (both investment and earned from airdrops and bounties). As what I have learned from a preacher's book "My Maid Invests In The Stock Market", sticking to one coin is a bad idea.

Don't resign in your job yet. Just keep doing your great job and put altcoins on the side. Make sure every time you receive salary, PIF (pay-it-forward) yourself first by reserving a little portion of it to invest on other altcoins. Yes, there are risks involved here. However, greater risks comes greater rewards if you know how to manage it.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Davidbugs2

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:24:24 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

You can keep your coins in your wallet, its safe as long as your secret key is safe. Value will sure rise unless a dev dumping and leaving the coin.
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:29:05 AM

it is depending on which altcoin you are currently holding like let's say you have ETH or LTC, you can hold for years because of their stability and the continuous support by many.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:30:20 AM

•Will the value remain?

It depends on what kind of alt coin that you are keeping into your wallet,most altcoin are trash and scams. Its value will surely change, better yet hope for the good.

As for Klarity token i dont know what kind of token is that, the alts coins value is depending on how well the devs are promoting and scaling the coin, most likely the coin will die if the devs just sleep after the ICO.

altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 09:43:18 AM

Yes, you can hold your coins for years in your wallet. But you should check your wallet once in each month.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
RACallanta

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:56:21 AM

yes of course. you can hold your coins for a year or for a long time. as long as you want. and after that, if you want to take out your coin , the coin in your wallet has gaining much more profit. and you can enjoy your huge money and you can buy anything for that . i think that's technique is also know as investment?? right? but for that it take a long long time before you get your money. but if you want to get your cash early, you can get it anytime for your everyday financial.. Wink Wink Wink but if i where you i'll take my coin in good profit, and i don't want to hold my coin for a year(s)..

S M A R T   Q U O R U M
ANNTelegramWhitepapersmartquorum.comOnepagerDiscordTwitter
The First POS Coin To Fuel Blockchain Market Boom
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:03:29 AM

It depend on you for how long you will hold that Altcoin as long as the price value is still growing and pumping,no one can stop you it is on your own decision how you can get through to your marketing strategy to gain more profit on buying and trading.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:08:30 AM

You may hold your coin in your wallet for years long. Keep your wallet watching time to time as wallet updates security features regularly.
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 10:14:34 AM

Yeah. you can keep it in your account until you want. you can make a lot of money if it is valued by your holders. I think you should set yourself a certain time a day and follow the token in your wallet. keep the money in your wallet that you will pass through in the future. buy-sell in other currencies. so you can make more money. you can make very comfortable money with only 1-2 hours of follow-up per day
aliba

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:18:44 AM

if it was I still less guarantee because if altcoin is less potential it will die in the long run and I think it may also be up to not get up again.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:31:00 AM

All I can say is altcoin is risky market so just prepare for lossing and consider profit as the bonus.
For me personally, I will keep my eye on BCH,BTG ,and upcoming BDC since they have potential for early profit

Just take a look on BCH, their value increase up to 4x !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Bambinoe

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:36:01 AM

Yea altcoins can be kept for years as long as the Dev team have not packed up.

yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:43:35 AM

you should examine more deeply and find information about token or coin that you save. whether have a chance or progress for either long term. be careful in making decisions. and take the risk as small as possible.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:53:36 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

It's value will only be remain if it is a good coin that comes from a good project that is being handled by reputable developers. There's a chance the value will get either higher or lower depends on the project roadmap. Only a few coins survive with todays digital economic standing, so I might suggest that you shouldn't hold a coin / token for a very long period of time.
Bukx

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:57:26 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

You can hold altcoin for jow long you wish. Nobody will forbide you to do it.
Always the price will remain different, higher or lower. Alway there is a chance to go higher or lower.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:57:44 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

The alt coin and the token are different. But what you are referring to is holding a token, you can not guarantee it if it increases or decreases its price. So it's better to sell them now, it's better to hold Ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: