Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4477 times)
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:21:38 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 12:53:13 PM by mpufatzis

Your money will be there as long as the developers support the coin. If it is a scam and you buy you'll lose your money.
It has happened before and it will happen in the future again. Make a research before you buy, just holding a coin doesn't mean a good invest. Keep your personal key and password in a safe place, preferably offline.
If you don't own the keys you have nothing. Good luck with your investment.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:22:56 AM

Your token will be in your wallet but the value of the token will change.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

The value of your altcoin is depending on the interest of people on it. Let say you are holding an ethereum, Maybe after 10 years the value will decrease or increase and it will be depending on the people if they still want to invest on it or not. The demand makes the value of coin even better so choose wisely before investing.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:07:58 AM

Yes you can...however the value of it we can never predict it can be low or it can be high but chances are the longer it stay the greater the possible profit you have to keep it updated and you've got to have gas if you decided to trade it in because if you don't have gas you wouldn't able to trade it. you have to secure both your coin and your gas so that anytime you want to do something with at least you're ready.

Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:15:49 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

Yes of course. You can hold any altcoins to stand into your virtual wallet for years. But I guess it was depending on the altcoin you wish to hold because I do not know if they are deleting old coins to give space for new and has more potential coins since those are too old and maybe people may not use it anymore. But for now, I know that you can gradually store it into your virtual wallet for years which is beneficial for long time holding

Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:55:13 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Yes, you can hold Altcoins for year. As you can notice last December 2017, the Altcoin prices were too low but now they are all rising up and it is really a good indications that Altcoins really gives us so much income. We also need a luck to what coins will probably increase rampantly. For me, you can also consider Bitcoin and hold for a long period of time. Just allot some money to trade in Altcoins and make it grow until you reached the desired income.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:07:37 AM

Of course, you can keep your coins / tokens for many years. But here we should look at the risks. For example, the dev will drop the altcoin or switch to the new altcoin and you will have to exchange your old altcoin for the new one or you will lose all your old altcoin..
zilinzhi

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:08:05 AM

You can keep yours as long as you like, but the price of it may be hight or low and no one can promise you anything. If you want to make profit you need pay more attention to it/them when you are free and sell them at a high price.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     SETHER - Blockchain meets Social Networks     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      whitepaper     facebook     twitter     telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 4th December
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:13:52 AM

As long as the coin that you been storing is not yet banned, you can hold that coin for as long as you want. But you may need to check to market when it's price is decreasing and increasing. You also need gas if you want to trade it on the blockchain.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
nick_nick

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:20:53 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Depending on the kind of coins you hold. the value will remain irrespective on the number of year you keep them, but as whether the price will increase or decrease unduly; only time will tell. If your lucky the coins could gain a price hype whlist others may no where to be found on the market
KeikoKitagawa18

Activity: 364

World Family Coin

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:32:29 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Of course it will happen. Especially if the project is based on a great team and many do cooperation with big companies.
I am sure if you hold the coin for 1 year the price will surely increase more than 3 times.

●   Space Knight   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  WFC  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  Donations Platform  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

It's a good decision to keep coins in your wallet for a long time. But you need to follow the news. Some projects are closed, because their product has failed or is not successful, or many bugs that can not be fixed. There are different situations. And in a year you can see that half of the coins on the purse are not traded on exchanges and do not have any value.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:40:38 AM

unless you decide to transfer your coins you don't need money for transaction

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
Bonus777

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:45:47 AM

You can keep your altkoins on your wallet for a very long time, if you are sure of this coin, that it will only go up with time. If there is no such confidence, you need to constantly monitor its price and be ready to withdraw it from your wallet and sell that your coins do not turn into zero.

KXC247

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:40:35 PM

Just find a secured wallet that you can hold your private keys and you are good to go.
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:02:06 PM

No one can help you just yourself. You can keep the altcoins for 10 years or more but you never know what the fitute await us. And also the best thing to do its to keep your self inform about the current altcoin project.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:53:15 PM

I suggested on you just keep or hold it on your wallet.We can not predict the value of it would be higher or lower.But the last decisions was depends on you.
kenborbs

Activity: 154

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 12:24:01 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

You can hold your coins as long as you want, the current quantity of your coin will always be the same, only the value will increase or decrease which depends on the digital market. It will die if your chosen coin is not reliable and has a poor support from the developers. Make sure to research before buying new coins because sometimes it just a scam. If you want to hold a coin, you can invest BTC or any other altcoins that is sustainable and has more potential for growth in the long run.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:33:14 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

It depends on what coins you're holding because for me there are two types of alt coins circulating in the market, one of them are the major coins where ethereum and bitcoin cash are best example while the other one are the coins that are new in the market and best for day trading. If you think that your coin is one of the major top coins on the market then go and hold it in your wallet but if you think it's part of the tradable coins then playing it in the market will be the best option for you. You're the only one who will decide to your future so make a double check on what moves you're going to do.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 12:58:12 PM

If you are a long term investor and you want to hold it for next 5 years then you hold your coin in hardware wallet because there are many hacking attack on online wallets and if you are a trader then you can hold your coin in any exchange wallet which have strong security features like bittrex, binance etc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: