Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:40:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4477 times)
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:53:58 AM

The answer depends on the service of the wallet you use. I do not recommend if you want to keep your money with a simple, unknown and fancy wallet application. It has wallet services so that even the stock exchanges to keep safer money. No I use a quality wallet service, I can give you a positive answer if you can save my money there. It is useful to make a careful choice of wallet.
wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:57:38 AM

I don't know about that token, but if you are believe about that and sure that the token will developing then holding them in your wallet will be okay. Either way you able to buy eth in your wallet, it can be used for GAS.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

Yes you may be right, your altcoin amount will probably remain the same and be in the same swallow, but I am very sure its value may have turned higher if you take it after two years because that's the true nature of cryptocurrency.
mimota167

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:39:11 PM

You can hold for 2 years or 5 years according to your capacity. For this, a good wallet is needed in which you save it or put it in your trading wallet exchange yobit or bitrex.
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

it is depending on which altcoin you are currently holding like let's say you have ETH or LTC, you can hold for years because of their stability and the continuous support by many.
stue

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

Do not make it hard for something that is actually easy. Simple, hold for a better price, sell at a good price when you really need money. Do not torture yourself too much. It's up to you to hold altcoins in your wallet for how long, that's your right. But if you feel it is a good decision to get something good, then do it. And if you feel altcoins that you hold no progress at all, then sell and buy other altcoins are more qualified. So you are not wasting your time with investing in a zonk place.
ooxtcoo

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:39:12 AM

You don't need to worry about it, to keep it because the coin will not disappear in your wallet, but price - can go very low      
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:03:09 PM

There are always chances, for example, those who kept ETH in the course of the year became rich people!
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:04:40 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

The price  will still grow or dump depending on the market's supply and demand but still you cannot withdraw or move your coins if you do not have a decent amount of coin to compensate the gas.

fromnicetoevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:09:42 PM

Yes you can hold your coins in your wallet for years at a time just make sure to secure it properly and do not give your passwords and private keys to people who you do not trust and do not put it in a place or store it online where hackers and thieves can get to it because once you lose those coins they are gone forever
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:42:14 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I was asking the same question. Now I learned that we can keep the tokens in wallet for a unlimited period. I am thinking of leaving my wallet and not to check it for a long time, perhaps 1 year or more. After this period, I want to check it if there is a value difference. When I check it everyday and see that there is no difference, I am disappointed.
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:45:07 AM

Your question is not clear,if you put the coin in your wallet and hold it for a long time it may increase or decrease the prices theres no expiration date for the coins even if you hold it for a lifetime.

it's up to you because holding altcoin for a long time it can be profitable and that way you can sell your altcoin which has the highest price, let alone by holding altcoin at a long time token price will remain the same
DMarkov90

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:31:05 AM

Of course you can hold! In my opinion this is the most correct strategy. I invested in 10 promising coins and I'm going to keep them up to 5 years!
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 10:33:41 AM

any wallet may stop working, so you need to monitor it and not leave it for years without supervision. Coins can also lose their value over time. need control
khichariya1

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:36:56 AM

Yes you can hold your alt coin in your wallet but regarding with your concern, will the value remain, it depends on the alt coin you want to hold. Make sure the alt coin you will choose is the best one that can give you profit so you should do some research first before you choose.
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:36:45 AM

i think its ok if your wallet address has run out of balance, i mean balance $ for gas or for deposit, so its save for 1 or 2 year you save your token on your wallet, unless you declare your private key to someone or some regist form, you know what i mean right. Grin

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:41:06 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

All the coins that are now in the top before too had a price several times less than now. Therefore, keeping a token is the right decision and it should only increase over time, but in the ideal case. There are also tokens which, in time, remain promising or even worse, they become artifacts on the market. So check your choice before making a final decision.

bajindul88

Activity: 303

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:47:42 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

All the coins that are now in the top before too had a price several times less than now. Therefore, keeping a token is the right decision and it should only increase over time, but in the ideal case. There are also tokens which, in time, remain promising or even worse, they become artifacts on the market. So check your choice before making a final decision.
Depending on coin you have, if coin is obtained from Airdrop chance may be only 20% to be a valuable coin. but if coins you get from bounty is almost 50% more for the coins so it's worth. I think it's better to first study project you will follow so that will not be disappointed with the coins you get
Uvidify

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 11:53:34 AM

Since you have no gas, its obvious you wont be able to send out your tokens in your wallet maybe for sale on exchanges. but keeping it in your wallet may be worthwhile.. its second to hodling. with that, if eventually the price increases in years to come, you will be on profit, thats if its a promising token/coin. at the same time, the value may dip in years to come.. its as simple as that!
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:04:25 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Yes you cab hold your altcoins for year or two but it depends on the altcoin that you are holding because therw are some alts that have only a value for a short period of time and don't grow anymore or they became dead. But if think that your alts have a potential to become big ,then holding ia the right thing to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: