Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:31:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4482 times)
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:17:02 AM

If you have long-term investments, of course you can
hoanglinh0160

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:11:19 PM

i think its ok if your wallet address has run out of balance, i mean balance $ for gas or for deposit, so its save for 1 or 2 year you save your token on your wallet, unless you declare your private key to someone or some regist form, you know what i mean right. Grin
nhatminh237a

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:58:00 AM

Yes you can hold your alt coin in your wallet but regarding with your concern, will the value remain, it depends on the alt coin you want to hold. Make sure the alt coin you will choose is the best one that can give you profit so you should do some research first before you choose.
Dynika

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:06:07 AM

I leave for a long time only those tokens that are not traded now (or their price is very small). In this case, there is a hope to get a small profit in 1-2 years.
tungle471

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

I think you need to observe market conditions. Selling your currency when the currency price is high will be a very good choice. What will happen in the future we cannot predict, so we must seize every opportunity to make money to make more money. .
lavishlifing

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:24:51 PM

It is not recommend to hold coins in exchange long term, why? there is a risk, that exchange might encounter a problem/get hacked. So for long term hodling of coins it is recommended to use cold storage methods and make sure back up it.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:27:05 PM

Before doing that decision mate,just make sure those altcoins have a posibility to increase in future like years. Not all of them has that kind of power to be higher in next few year, some of them are just of short term. And if you think that coin will boom in next year go hold mate.
Jinz02

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 01:28:33 PM

Yes as long as when you hold your token it still remains.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

I do not think so. Electronic market is not stable. Prices of altcoin increase erratic. So you should sell altcoin as soon as possible. You will be safe and not lose any altcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
lehaonam219

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:00:53 AM

I think you need to observe market conditions. Selling your currency when the currency price is high will be a very good choice. What will happen in the future we cannot predict, so we must seize every opportunity to make money to make more money. .
Meycell

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:22:14 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?
You can keep tokens in your wallet for as long as you like, the market will still trade and determine the price, when you feel you are ready to cash out then you can get some gas and then sell your tokens, there are no restrictions on the length of time someone can hold coins or tokens in their wallet.
indeed to hold Altcoin on this wallet year will be very safe. the security level of storage on the wallet can be guaranteed for the future. so it should keep it in the wallet and make its development as a basic advantage to be gained in short term. so it would be great to keep it for longer in the wallet.
Ignacia

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 05:53:57 AM

Of course, you can hold all your altcoins as long as you want, but I think, that not all of them will rise in price. You should be prepared that in a few years more than half of these altcoins will not cost anything, therefore, it is better to hold only promising tokens.
icowind

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:55:39 AM

Yes, this is all possible. I suggest that you can hold some promising cryptocurrencies. Ethereum is a good choice. At present, its price is very low. In the future, it will have a lot of room for growth, so investing in it will gain a lot of money in the future. wealth.
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:11:25 AM

Of course you can hold a coin in your wallet for years but make sure it is an old stable altcoin, so you will not lose it and it will probably increase in value. But for the future you need gas when it will exchange the coin.
Dollar_Hunter

Activity: 1078
Merit: 21

COMBONetworkio

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:13:40 AM

Of course, you can hold all your altcoins as long as you want, but I think, that not all of them will rise in price. You should be prepared that in a few years more than half of these altcoins will not cost anything, therefore, it is better to hold only promising tokens.
True indeed we can at will to save altcoin for many years in the wallet,
but I think if we keep it too long it can lose a good moment,
so yes we sell only partly when the price is on the rise

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Footmanred

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:15:24 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

The main thing is not the time for which you will keep, but the return from it. If for a year there is no return from the coin, then the meaning is then to keep the dead weight. There should be development, updating and constant indicators of price change.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Jr family

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:23:19 AM

yes you may hold your altcoin for a year or how many years you want, the value of your token will remain. but you have no idea if the price on the market will increase or decrease. just playing a HI - LOW games.

you can't trade of transfer token on market if you have no gas at all. so you need more gas if want to trade all your token.

GAS can be traded like a regular cryptocurrency. But if you have NEO coins, you can get GAS for free if you save your NEO in personal NEO wallet (not exchange) by controlling your own private key. Grin
you can hold the Altcoin that you have will be very profitable by storing it in the wallet. for future profit can be if quite large with the development of Altcoin held will increase very high. therefore it will be safer if we hold it using your wallet.
Cilorku

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:25:02 AM

I think you can hold any altcoin for as long as you want, but if you want to trade, you should monitor the market price well by doing a very good research on the project, and make sure the value goes high before you sell it.
willybacem

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:35:47 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Each token that I think it has potential. If the coin has a huge potential of course if stored longer further selling price will grow. A different number of tokens that have a potential that is not good. And growth will follow the development of the growth of the Bitcoin.
BooMoon

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:39:57 AM

First of all you need to find a good cryptocurrency, because the key to long-term investment is that the cryptocurrency you are investing in will have a great future development prospect, and it will not crash during your investment. This is a long-term investment that needs to be considered.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: