Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:04:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4474 times)
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:26:03 PM

Of course you can leave your altcoins how much do you want in your wallet. And if the value of the coins will rise no one can say. They may rise and they may fall.  Smiley

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polemdolah0

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:31:05 PM

I think we are free to do it, but keep in mind that not all altcoins are good for us to hold in the long run given that alts are best in short term investments, Of course yes, there is nothing to worry about holding altcoins on as long as we have kept their private key it is safe for us to recover it when the time comes we need it.
financialgoal

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:44:21 PM

Yes you cab hold your altcoins for year or two but it depends on the altcoin that you are holding because therw are some alts that have only a value for a short period of time and don't grow anymore or they became dead.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:47:46 PM

Holding for long term is the best strategy you can do in this situation bwcause if you see most altcoin are in red blooded situation that can cause decreasing in market volume so if I were you I will continue to hold my altcoin in my wallet but make sure its contain a private key to secure your token.
Elseye

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ApolloX

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:49:23 PM

Why not? Some altcoins release their potential only after several years, and in future there will be more such cases I'm sure. Many good projects currently are below ICO price.

Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

Why not? Some altcoins release their potential only after several years, and in future there will be more such cases I'm sure. Many good projects currently are below ICO price.
If the value of your coins is below the expected price, it might be  better if you just hold it than trading it with less  values, because there  are possibilities that after a year or even for several months  the price will reach full potential,rather than selling in low price.

hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:07:32 PM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?
actualy you have a point,to hold that your coins in your wallet,because you have no gas fee in order to change it to fiat or trade  it to another kinds of altcoin but asking a question thats theres any chances that your portfolio will getting higher,my answer is yes ,because everything  crypto coins have a big chances to grow its price value,or vice versa because of its volatility in the market.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
nguynnguynminh51

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:26:36 PM

Yes of course you can hold as long as you want its your decision but nobody knows what will really happen in the future but you must keep your your private key safe to prevent losing your bitcoin.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:29:31 PM

You can store the crypto currency in your wallet as much as you need, because it is not forbidden in any way! The danger is that this coin can cease to exist and you will simply lose your money!

well it's important to monitor the project once you already own the coins. Majority of them do not cease to exist, yet they can lose the majority of its value very abruptly.
vandeam

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

With your funds obviously nothing will happen, but still I would not be able to do so because at the slightest rate of growth I already have a desire to withdraw at least part of the profit

Sandeep24

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:47:34 PM

i think it would be possible because you can earn on long term capital gain. It is the fundamental strategy of market.
Chazaki

Activity: 181

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Your funds aren't going anywhere, but think about whether it makes sense to do so. I often think that I got the coins for nothing and they are worthless

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
yahata141

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:24:16 PM

I think you need to observe market conditions. Selling your currency when the currency price is high will be a very good choice. What will happen in the future we cannot predict, so we must seize every opportunity to make money to make more money. .
Bile123

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:23:24 PM

The case of course everyone, but I would periodically change my wallet, because he is exposed to hacker attacks and for the safety of his funds it is better to change them
phongz81hng

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:47:08 AM

i think its ok if your wallet address has run out of balance, i mean balance $ for gas or for deposit, so its save for 1 or 2 year you save your token on your wallet, unless you declare your private key to someone or some regist form, you know what i mean right. Grin
jmix2018

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:49:24 AM

yeah you can hold it for years!! its up to you that will you keep or not!! its you choice to deside whats right on your Ethereum coin!!!
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:00:29 AM

I think it will not be any problem with it. I have some altcoins that I got from bounty token last year. And I still keep it. I'm sure that it will be worthy to hold the coin that has promising concept in the future. If you think that the coin will have better price in the future, just hold it and forget it for some month or years.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
nvishnu22

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:00:24 AM

altcoins are much profitable for long term as they get griped to the market they start growing , but the main problem is that some coins get banned and also in some cases project goes ruined that will lead to problem for the altcoin which cant be used again.
Set01111

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:01:45 AM

You can keep the Altcoin in your wallet, but you want to keep something to carry the price or just keep it in your purse. While you keep without profit for many years to come, whether it is your money or just meaningless numbers. I do not quite agree with what you think.
danivan7

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:05:33 AM
Merited by Roels Major (1)

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

for token, I think few token can survive more than 1 -3 year, but any token just life for several month.
if developer still active, and still on roadmap, I think it will survive for several year.
but if u r  decide to hold coin may be it will different ,
because mining and development still running, and miner,comunity will always support their coin,
adding new market, publish, and many more

✭   KARATCOIN   ✭ (https://karatcoin.co/)
Join our ICO!
█ Straight to gold mines! █
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: