Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:02:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4477 times)
utiltox

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

you can keep your altcoins for years. there are no time limits for storage.
geterod

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 07:09:43 PM

Yes you can, but I recommend you don't use a exchange wallet. Use your own could wallet or ledger

MoonTrader - Next Generation Trading Platform

Contact us on Telegram.
youcansee

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:19:20 PM

Your money is certainly safer in the Bank. But in crypto, money can grow a lot as an investment, but it's less secure because you can also stay with nothing
if your money does not want to decrease in number, maybe you just keep it in the bank only, but if you are interested to develop your money then investing in crypto is the answer, provided that you have to understand the basic cryptocurrency

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
ogabonny

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:43:54 PM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?
It is pretty cheap to get gas to power transactions, keeping your tokens for years because there is not gas is risky,some tokens entering the market now are already failing in the short term.No guarantees
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:45:34 PM

As long as your wallet is safe enough, you wont run into any risks, but be careful and try to hold only good altcoins, not shitty coins because they will go to zero

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
taktik

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:49:29 PM

As long as your wallet is safe enough, you wont run into any risks, but be careful and try to hold only good altcoins, not shitty coins because they will go to zero

How can you determine the prospects for the development of the crypto currency? it is quite a complex process and unpredictable. In any case, there are such Coins that have reached their Star Time, but the consequences have fallen to the bottom.
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:50:30 PM

If u have hardware wallet then u can hold altcoin for years untill then  it is nt safe to hold altcoins in exchangers there is lot of risk for hacking
Hulh

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:57:18 PM

Its ok to store coins on your wallet as long as the keys are well kept. If you dont have your keys with you, theres possibility of losing money unknowingly.

Of course, you can hold your coin in your wallet for more than a year. If you plan to invest in long term, it is better as well to check the market price all the time so well keep updated the latest trend. Once your ready , you can buy a gas then you can trade or sell your coin.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Altcoins can definitely be kept in a wallet as long as it still existing but it is advisable to kept such long term coin in a more secure wallet that has a high level security to protect it from theft. As regards whether the value of the coin will increase or not, it all depends on the market condition. This will determine its worth.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:59:39 PM

Its ok to store coins on your wallet as long as the keys are well kept. If you dont have your keys with you, theres possibility of losing money unknowingly.

Of course, you can hold your coin in your wallet for more than a year. If you plan to invest in long term, it is better as well to check the market price all the time so well keep updated the latest trend. Once your ready , you can buy a gas then you can trade or sell your coin.

You'll be fine as long as the coin doesn't do a swap.  Roll Eyes

Last thing you need to is be holding 1000 coins of some random altcoin, five years later it's worth $3000 each, but you find out four years ago they had a swap, and you are AOL (my mother-in-law's acronym for "All Outta Luck").
Gurueconom

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:31:55 PM

Every altcoin has a chance for a price increase. Do not worry, if you leave your tokens on your wallet, nothing will happen to them. The main thing is that your crypto-currency wallet is not hacked.
MCJamison1987

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:41:40 PM

yes you can.
just make sure that if you just bought your tokens, retrieve them to your wallet first (external or exchange wallet)
Chase_AI

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:22:22 PM

Yes, you can hold for as long as you want. Be aware that just like any other investment, the value of your altcoins could rise or fall with the market. Make sure that you do not need the money for anything immediate if you are going to purchase altcoins, and you must be okay taking the risk. The longer you wait, you may see it rise more in the long term if you believe it will be successful as crypto is more widely used across the world. But ultimately you need to make the decision for yourself. Even if you can hold the altcoin for years, do you want to do that forever and worry about keeping track of it? If you want to only make money you can track the value and sell when it goes high, this is all up to you in terms of your strategy.
faaznuw

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:52:22 PM

On the off chance that you don't plan to exchange it for the time being, keep it in your wallet, insofar as you keep your private key, it's sheltered. For whatever length of time that this task still exists, this token will be in your wallet. When you have to exchange it, you have to include a few gas bills.
suterum

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:46:54 AM

You can keep alt coins in your wallet for whatever length of time that you need obviously its incentive in the market will change shape time to time, it might get a higher cost in the next years or it might lose it esteem, simply continue taking a gander at the market so you will realize what is occurring into your coin.
ELE.ZYK

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:05:36 AM

This is for sure, as long as you see some coins that you think have great potential. With confidence in the project team, you can hold for a long time not to sell.
Bocahkoreng07

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:08:05 AM

Of course yes. You can hold your altcoins as long as you want. But if you want it to trade, you should monitor the price in the market and make sure the value goes high before you sell it to avoid losses.
I agree with your opinion, that is a useful solution
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 01:10:35 AM

my advice, specifically for tokens (whatever it is) should be sold immediately and not held for a long time. because it is quite risky. there is no guarantee that tokens will rise as high as bitcoin, and also the risk of the token disappearing in the market is also large. If the one you hold is altcoin like etherum or ripple, it could be for the long term.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Olawale16

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:15:22 AM

You can keep you altcoin token for as long has you wish, that is not an issue but the issue is will the price on market be favourable after this long wait, no one can really tell that because of how crypto works. If the price increases during that period, then your luck and if otherwise, your luck aswell
Rokilot

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:48:35 AM

On the off chance that you feel yourself secure with the wallet it's great to keep hold of it for quite a long time. Indeed, even a few altcoins that has existed as of late too have increased more potential to develop. Along these lines, definitely what you hold expecting benefit after years will without a doubt be giving guaranteed development.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: