Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:05:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin need to be taxed?  (Read 1280 times)
adekpulpen

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:53:53 PM

Depending on the government policy in your country. If bitcoin can be said to be a real job then it is fine if the government implements taxpayer rules for bitcoin users.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:53:59 PM

For the moment, the problem is not so important because (I guess), there are not so many bitcon users earning the equivalent of a monthly wage...

But many government are indeed worried about that... And that's why they are trying to implement dedicated legislation.

So, indeed, if you earn money with bitcoin and don't pay tax on it, then it is a "loss" for your country and the amount you have is lost for national welfare (health, schools, and so on).

BUT at the same time, when you pay taxes on your wage, you generally go through a traditionnal bank. So you pay fees for... nothing.

So I understand your idea... And I think the objective is to reach an equilibrium.. For the moment, well I would say that individual taxes actually don't make such a difference in the state's budget (just because many large firms are also playing with the system, and the loss, here, is far greater).

Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:54:11 PM

Yes because it means government is accepting the legality of bitcoin. Once bitcoin is taxed it means its legit to do business with bitcoin. i believe that its fair to pay tax for earnings out of bitcoin.Perhaps a percentage tax can be paid out of bitcoin or alcoins earnings.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Theroupppp

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:57:53 PM

In next future i think some countries will going to tax bitcoin.. Its lot of money!
NadiaHel

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:58:25 PM

Base from my recent post "Does bitcoin could be call a job?" I have read your opinions regarding to that. Doing these things is a form of earning money basically we have income. So does it need to be taxed? Because this is also a source of income, and we might call it as a job? 
It depends on the country, but there are somewhere you will need to pay taxes when you sell your BTC. For instance, in Spain apparently, you will need to pay 16% once you make cash your BTC and put it in your bank account. 16% is the payment from 0 to 6.000 euros, 21% when you sell between 6.000 and 21.000, and so.
I don't know how Spanish government is going to manage the taxes, a mean, what kind of papers do you need to deliver to the institution, but I'm quite sure next year probably BTC is going to appear in some official taxes declarations documents.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:29:36 PM

Base from my recent post "Does bitcoin could be call a job?" I have read your opinions regarding to that. Doing these things is a form of earning money basically we have income. So does it need to be taxed? Because this is also a source of income, and we might call it as a job? 
When you holding bitcoin and stored into your wallet our government can't forced us to task or just asking task. Remember that bitcoin is decentralized no one big person behind bitcoin to manipulate or to control bitcoin. Taxation of bitcoin by our country is that impossible happen, but i think if you convert your bitcoin into your local fiat then if you are going cash out your money there's a transaction fees added in banks or other remittancies. And that's maybe your taxes paid or sort of being taxed.

BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

I don't think bitcoins are needed to be taxed. It doesn't even needed to be regulated by anyone or any country since it's self regulating or rather regulated by everyone using or has bitcoins on them. I don't see why some government are trying to get their hands on the people's bitcoins.

Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 12:27:57 AM by Jaycee99

It depends on the country, but there are somewhere you will need to pay taxes when you sell your BTC. For instance, in Spain apparently, you will need to pay 16% once you make cash your BTC and put it in your bank account. 16% is the payment from 0 to 6.000 euros, 21% when you sell between 6.000 and 21.000, and so.
I don't know how Spanish government is going to manage the taxes, a mean, what kind of papers do you need to deliver to the institution, but I'm quite sure next year probably BTC is going to appear in some official taxes declarations documents.

To be honest I think bitcoin contains tax due to increasement of fees. Well as you see if your a bitcoin user, You might probabaly notice the high fee that is happening its like an tax our fee is like our tax increase or still stable it's still like a tax.

When you holding bitcoin and stored into your wallet our government can't forced us to task or just asking task. Remember that bitcoin is decentralized no one big person behind bitcoin to manipulate or to control bitcoin. Taxation of bitcoin by our country is that impossible happen, but i think if you convert your bitcoin into your local fiat then if you are going cash out your money there's a transaction fees added in banks or other remittancies. And that's maybe your taxes paid or sort of being taxed.

Our problem here is we see fees as fees not a tax if your wallet fee increase well think of it the head or creator of the wallet is using the increase payment fees in a government tax payment.

If people see bitcoin as a job well It's good it's a self employed job but don't think of it as tax freel,  remember you have fee that controls your transaction.

For the main question does it need to be taxed? Well well it already been taxed but not byet the government buy the head of the exchange wallet itself.

In next future i think some countries will going to tax bitcoin.. Its lot of money!

In this point of view.I think the goverment would so rich and bitcoin users will do gown from its original income without any taxes. See this if taxed is colaborated bitcoin incomes you will see its problem thats is increasement of fee and low income return.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

I think that there should be taxes when somebody earns money.
Paying taxes is benificial for the society we live in.
And when the public sees that people who work with crypto currencies contribute their part in the well being of the society, I think it will help getting even more acceptance.

It's me!!!
shloma82

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:35:52 PM

I believe that bitcoin should not be taxed. The commission that we pay for the transaction is quite enough. Grin
anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Merited by rockyfeller (4), vincentong17 (1)

Not at all, but if the government will tax the coin well let them be and we just need to follow, the profit in cryptocurrency can be tax by the government because as a citizen they have the right to collect part of our earnings. tax is better than banning it.
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:43:13 PM

as good citizens, we must abide by the rules of the country in which we live. one of them is by paying taxes. and for bitcoin users should also be taxed from what has been obtained. Thanks
Booooooo

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

No, because the original idea bitcoin decentralized and should not be taxed. Therefore, some states forbid it.

notyours

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:11:16 PM

Depends upon where are you living. If you do think that applying tax in cryptocurrency would make a significant change in the government and in the country then nothing's wrong with that, but when a country is corrupted and most of the officials tends to apply tax to those poor people that doesn't have the capability to do so then it would be such a waste. Instead the thing we should do is somehow give somethings to charities to be sure that what we have given is served.
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:12:37 PM

Taxation will allow the crypto currency to be established more quickly in the world and all states will favorably treat it. However, we already pay for the transaction, plus tax ... This issue needs to be settled by the creators of bitcoin.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
rolls89

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:17:24 PM

Why tax something which the govt. doesn't recognize as of now.But yes in coming years,seems a possibility that earnings through BTC may be taxed.Entirely depends on your nation and the local govt.
sunno330

Activity: 406

homt.net

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:18:04 PM

Some country does not support/dont give legality for thats tax no need. Some country bitcoin is legal there are need tax or others fees. Most used currency bitcoin is deduction tax/trx fees from their wallet directly.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:19:00 PM

if Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency want to be acknowledged by the state then the tax should be enforced
and all companies that provide services exchange or buying and selling Bitcoin too.

dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:02:42 PM

In my opinion it really doesn't need to, but as people are making money by investing, it will be surely regulated and soon tax will also be implemented upon the earnings. Recently I heard a news, where our country has sent out notices to top wealth creators using cryptocurrency. I believe they have sent notices not just to have fun, rather I am sure Tax for investing even for using Bitcoin will be coming in front of us soon. Actually there is nothing wrong to be taxed, if a country makes it legal, they will have to tax on it. It will help boost the growth of crypto currencies and the technology as well. But yup it will somewhat hamper the motto or one of its USP, that is decentralized currency.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:02:59 PM

To be honest my friend, i really do not think that this thing you are talking about - does bitcoin need to be taxed, is really dumb(sorry to say this). Because obviously, bitcoins do not need to be taxed. I mean why the hell would bitcoins need tax? Just doesn't make sense if you ask me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: