Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your biggest concerns regarding Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 1175 times)
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:21:48 PM

I want to write an article about this and I've been asking around.

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over
* Scalability and governance

How about you guys?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:46:21 PM

Over-promising or unrealistic projects.  I see some coins and tokens that I don't believe are outright scams but will not live up to expectations in the medium to long term.  Some have contradictions that mean they cant both be an investment (coin goes up) and a viable platform (because costs would become high). Others are offering a cryptocoin/token for a scenario that doesn't need it.

At the near scammy end are projects that may have genuine intentions but the coin ICO is essentially just an unregulated way to raise funds for their tech projects.  I note some ICO are keeping a lot of the issue for themselves and the spending allocation is heavy on marketing.  Just like a certain frenzy near 20 years ago...  enjoy the ride we know where a lot of them will end, hopefully you pick an Amazon and not a Boo.com
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:50:09 PM

In addition with fraud and scammers involved mostly with so many shitcoins and ICO projects, there is the high volatility of prices which make the earning much harder especially for the short term investors and holders.
I am here talking about altcoins, because Bitcoin is already going to the moon and will be valuable and used for long time most likely.
moola_

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:02:34 PM

Interesting topic very good way to explain, thank you for a very insightful topic.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 09:33:10 PM

There are no bigger concerns about crypto's, it is all upto us to believe in all those projects that we are facing day by day, there are tons of them who are promising very huge returns in a short period of time.

I dont use to trust in them, because there is no way to pay such returns, maybe when we lost a huge opportunity to make a good amount of money by investing in a coin/ico, is our biggest concern.

The only thing that is worrying me about cryptos are just the high fees that you need to pay in order to send bitcoins. And if you have a multisig wallet or if your wallet provider is using the Outbound fees, you are going to need to pay fees for receiving those bitcoins too..

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
josebcn

Activity: 394
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:45:39 AM

Bitcoin.

I don't like the fact that you have to buy BTC in order to buy some coins.

This must change.

Telegram Group Crypto Gifs Channel https://t.me/Cryptogifschannel
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:25:07 AM

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

Of all of them the biggest problem are governments and banks, scammers are a bother but for the most part you can ignore them if you take the right precautions, and scalability while and issue as well it seems it is finally going to be fixed, but the problem with governments is that they have all the money in the world and they have an even greater power the power to make the laws and change them.
iopinion

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:30:31 AM

Not being able to sell in USD in most of the exchanges is one of my concerns. I am also concerned about online theft.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:04:02 AM

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

Outside from claiming cryptocurrencies, the vast majority money related transactions need aid reversible. This doesn't intend that you could basically try for An shopping spree and if you try refund the money, Likewise there may be generally a administering figure that oversees the transform. To example, We should say that you buy something web and the merchant never sends you an item.

pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:25:07 AM

That someone will find a major flaw in the system. It could cause everything to collapse

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:49:49 AM

Beside I worrying about more fraud/scammers, for me and in my place in particular.. honestly I'm still worrying the government in my country will completely bans on cryptocurrencies including to selling crypto to local currency, because the government really can't accepting it and regulating it yet so far, and until would be punish the people are connected with cryptocurrencies.

burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:04:22 AM

First of all i afraid of thiefs. The Scammers or pirates. I never keep my passes in my computer. It's in my notebook writen by my hands. Than i feel bad about taxes. We don't pay tax an goverments know this. If one day they take control that would be very very bad for all of us. It's scary too..
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:31:14 AM

my biggest concern is "people forgetting what cryptocurrencies are supposed to be"!

and sadly that is what i see happening these days. they are no longer created to be a "currency" or a "payment system", instead they are created to be a speculation tool for traders to make money. people are even calling altcoin market as "penny stocks"!

in fact i say this issue is more serious than the 3 you mentioned. specially the scaling one. since none of these altcoins are being used for anything other than people sending coins to and from exchanges, scaling is meaningless for them. their blocks are too small, the top ones handle less than 1/10 of bitcoin daily transactions! and the rest are not even used.

Buying the dip...
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:10:38 AM

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

The possibility of cryptos getting destroyed by the governments out of nowhere is one of the main concerns in people's minds, even though  the possibility is not likely at all to happen, but it does make people worry sometimes. Scamming can be avoided in most of the cases if the person is smart, but avoiding the control of governments can be very hard for the normal folks.

Dralarn

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:41:47 AM

I'm not that worried about governments, actually they can't do anything about it. They should have taken BTC down when they had the chance to do so, and it was uknown by most of us. BTC until now has gained so much traction that it will be a bigger disaster to try to stop it than just let it be. The regulators want a stable economy, if they try to mess up BTC, the investors will be hurt, and it might even impact the overal markets, so it probably won't happen. Scammers is a real threat indeed, I'm thiking about the noobs and non-tech savvy people who will join one day, and they will be easy pray for anyone interested to rip them off. Scalability is definitely a problem too, BTC has said it's a problem, ETH said it's a problem, but as technology advances that will eventually be solved as well.
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:40:42 AM

My biggest concern with cryptocurrencies? Burning coins for no reason. For example you are trying to create transaction, you just write something wrong? Your money is gone. This is very painful for me.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:42:57 AM

So many great answers.

Thank you!
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:21:12 PM

That someone will find a major flaw in the system. It could cause everything to collapse

I think it is impossible to happen with a major flow and also everything will collapse. Mostly of the coin that colapses is the developer scam all of the coins  thats why it collapses and also the major flaw will not likely to happen , still there is a flaw but i think it is not major enough that could lead to market collapses. Just trust the coin and invest what you can afford to lose
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

My biggest concern with cryptocurrencies? Burning coins for no reason. For example you are trying to create transaction, you just write something wrong? Your money is gone. This is very painful for me.
That is not the case with all the coins. Some returns your money back into your wallet if transaction failed or if troubles arises that cause transaction to not succeed. You should definitely report that to the developer. Also, try asking here for help, maybe someone can help you. By the way what coins is that? It is the first time I have heard someone encountering that problem without having fault at the users side. For me though my biggest concern regarding cryptocurrency is too much speculation. IMO most has gone astray to it's original purpose.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:35:52 PM

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

there will always be fraud and scams and it happens in life in general.
from what i understand governments cannot take over as they are mostly decentralized currencies.
my biggest concerns are that most good blockchain technologies wont get the traction they deserve because people dont back them fully.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: