Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your biggest concerns regarding Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 1175 times)
Cryptosenf

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:43:41 AM

I want to write an article about this and I've been asking around.

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over
* Scalability and governance

How about you guys?

Those you have mentioned are the Major concerns for the majority. What concerned me most nowadays are the people behind who's trying to take crypocurrencies down. Government, Hackers, Banks, and Big Time Businessmen they are all against the success of Bitcoin in the market. Also these pump and dump situations, because I think only those who are already rich becomes richer while the others (including me) are working very hard to become rich, I mean they can easily manipulate the prices in the market by putting huge amount of money into a specific coin and suddenly pull it all out when it turns to be very profitable. Isnt very unfair for us, this is clearly taking advantage, our loss is their gain.

This would mean we need some kind of supervision and regulation. Plain and simple. People aren't just fair to each other, especially when it comes to money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:32:18 AM

It would be the total ban or  only a small portion of this world runs crypto. I don't want to see that we can only see people using, buying or selling crypto in certain parts of this world. Our world is getting smaller and smaller so I hope it will  still turn out better in the end.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:00:44 AM

The biggest concern regarding cryptocurrencies around the world is that it needs to be more secure, because often hacks from exchanges have been taking place. Other than this I would prefer, let the governments regulate the use of cryptocurrency. But, at any instance should not ban or make people stop using it.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:06:48 AM

My biggest concern  regarding cryptocurrency is to be secured our accounts to those scammer ,being secured and avoid those hackers who want to steal our money.Because lately my husband was a victim of hackers and it was so sad that his wallet was never been found now.The money in his wallet that he worked hard for was gone immediately,I want a law to those bad person to be punish.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:35:10 AM

The biggest concern regarding cryptocurrencies around the world is that it needs to be more secure, because often hacks from exchanges have been taking place. Other than this I would prefer, let the governments regulate the use of cryptocurrency. But, at any instance should not ban or make people stop using it.
Exactly, security is the number one we need that makes an assurance like by gaining trust on both sides. Scammers, spammers and hackers are those bad people here in cyber world that they will do their very best as much as they can in order to have easy money which make sense that security is the number one to have enough foundation to avoid this bad people. Nowadays, as time goes by the crypto currencies are getting many which means the value of money is increasing so this bad people do their bad tactics to have easy money, hopefully each and everyone of us here in crypto currency community should aware all the time.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:05:15 AM

My biggest concern would be the security of my coins stored in my wallet. Since it's online there is a possibility that hacker could anytime make protocols that could attack my portfolio. So I thought of changing my password once every month, thinking that it could increase the security.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:36:24 AM

My biggest concerns about the cryptocurrency are everything should be comforted in order to be more secure platform because this can happen when governments come forward. Like South Korea government should come forward and support their development through this blockchain tech in the real-life environment.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:13:40 PM

My biggest concern for crypto is this market become a bubble and there are so many scam ico. We need to regulate the ico also there are so many ponzi scheme ico especially in my country. Ponzi makes crypto bad and the last concern is if exchanger manipulated the price like almost all korean exchanger. If we want to gain trust from whole world then we need to concern about it.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:25:19 PM

My biggest concern is there are many countries that are banning cryptocurrency. What if cryptocurrency will be ban also here in our country. And what if this cryptos will lose their value.

Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:49:06 PM

My biggest concern is there are many countries that are banning cryptocurrency. What if cryptocurrency will be ban also here in our country. And what if this cryptos will lose their value.
My worries are the same , that the government will ban all cryptocurrency trades and that's the biggest problem the market value is definitely tough and will drop drastically until it's worthless, ,but my worries are definitely not coming because the people are everything to a country

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Rano

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:10:46 PM

For me it is clearly the government. They control everything. If they start to put their hands in crypto, their won't be any "moons" anymore and a lot will be regulated. So far only a few countries have spoken out regulations and people could easily move into other countries to for example start their ICO (China to Singapore). I really hope that we stay where we are now.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:19:37 PM

I think given a free run, we will solve most to all of the serious issues and have a great system in the end, tons better than anything else.
We have to watch the commy governments and the big banks, a democratic country should let this go, but we all know who pulls the strings in a democracy.

My gut tells me we're fine for awhile, why? top finance people think well a head, right now they either think this is an easy market full of noobs and won't amount to anything, in this case they will treat it like any other market and be happy of it's existence, the other option is they know it will succeed and in this case they probably want it to.
If you look at some of the massive companies who are adopting crypto, for example microsoft and talks of amazon, go check out their biggest investors and you'll see they are finance guys.. you'll also see how large their stakes are, they could seriously impact said companies.

Now if I owned a multi billion dollar company and my main share holders threatened to pull out of crypto, I probably would hold back on adopting it, yet all we see if when a company brings on blockchain it's shares go through the roof.

remember while crypto is decentralised, any entity can buy and control majority of it, crypto offers many benefits to current money from a banking stand point like complete history of every transaction and the where abouts of said currency, from a control point, if you hold majority it's a system which gives you more power than the current money system, if the whole world uses 1 reserve and you own majority of that, it's far more powerful than spreading your money in to multiple currencies.

I can see certain countries like China wanting to put a stop to this, but the big old USA would be all for it.

If it wasn't meant to be, it would probably be banned already, they have enough fuel between the drug dealings, shady exchanges and 0 regulation along with money laundering and the likes.
nata1602

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

my biggest concern is that governments try to take over and that it is hard to foresee rate waves sometimes  Grin
gmf1000

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:58:53 PM

Yeah, crypto is issue dependent,, for every country that bring negative issue about crypto, the market will fall..
I don't want that thing to happen in my life.. I don't want all my investment turn into dust because of government banning cryptocurrency

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:02:33 PM

MY biggest concern is hackers and scammers.  It's too easy for new people in crypto to lose everything they have.  This is what is turning new users off in the world of crypto.  They are scared of losing everything in the blink of an eye.  We need to teach security to new users and help to report scam projects and ICOS.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:30:18 PM

Good day! There's a lot of fake airdrops going around lately. Others even using legit ICOs and others just don't know it that they are sending donations to scammers. A keen eye would know the difference.
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:05:17 PM

The future of cryptocurrency is very bright in the future. Because many peoples are accepting this worldwide. These coins are nothing but like a public share of a company. But as the Private companies are involved with this only so there are no Govt. nod or regulations are here. But they are working great with their own created norms. So, don't fear about the cryptocurrency.
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:14:10 PM

One of my concerns in the world of cryptocurrency is about the wallet used in saving our earnings here in cryptocurrency. I thought of a more secure key on how to protect our wallet, now that innovations to technology has increased and one of their moves is through hacking system and have access to manipulate our records and maybe our finances.

Krakenproto

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:48:02 PM

My personal safety. I can deal with scammers and hackers most of the times as nothing is 100% sure.
But the possibility for someone to rob me by pointing a gun to my head is what concerning me the most.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:07:43 PM

My biggest concern regarding Cryptocurrencies would have to be these scammers and hackers because you really can't tell when they'll hit you as their target. And with the internet that's so open, even if you have the safest wallet there are still times they could hack your account information and get your money out of nowhere. Some are even taking advantage of the untraceable blockchain technology we have and steal from people which are one of its disadvantages.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: