Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sumokoin - The litecoin of Monero  (Read 2054 times)
Wynne_

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:00:03 PM

Sumokoin market cap is less than 1 percent of Monero so it has nice potential for
appreciation going by that alone. It does not have to be better than Monero to gain value.

Great let me make a copy more of ETH and call it SumoETH, then I will say its a copy of Ethereum it has a low market cap and should be higher.

That´s  Ethereum Classic, it costs more than 30$...

People should understand a fork is not a clone. Is has it´s own roadmap, it´s own fundamentals, and it´s own development, also it´s own place in the market.
Sumo tries to improve some aspects from monero, and keep other esential things. I think Sumo is more focused in the average user among other aspects... The wallet being beta is working straight forward, mining is super simple, and the privacy aspects are no compromised. That philosphy will probably be a difference factor in the product development compared to monero wich is usually considered a bit complex product.

Ethereum Classic is not the fork. It was Vitalik who forked Ethereum to bail out all of his friends who have invested in the DAO.

But Sumokoin's own roadmap does not make it a better coin. A good development team makes a cryptocoin better. That is why many of us who invested in Monero, also invested in Aeon. Because we trust smooth and he has a proven track record. What do the Sumokoin developers have?

I agree with your statement regarding development teams making a crypto coin great, and considering the Sumokoin devs have achieved a near perfect track record with meeting the deadlines of an ambitious and rather innovative roadmap I am sure you could agree that they have performed incredibly well so far in their still young (6 months) crypto dev careers. Everyone has to start somewhere, and a year from now we will likely be having a far more positive discussion regarding this extremely talented group of developers.

I would also add that a dedicated community of investors/miners/enthusiasts also contribute greatly to the success of any crypto currency, and I can promise you from my own experience that the Sumo community is top notch and have eagerly assisted me from day one.

Lets be happy that so many talented individuals are enthusiastically driving the development of crypto forward, instead of getting drawn in to putting down good people because they believe in and back a different coin.
Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:38:34 AM

Could not agree more Smiley I am excited for 2018. Let's see what we can write in this threat on 01/12/18

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
goldencrowboss007

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:11:27 AM

It seems to me that guessing at a price not have never know. But I think SUMO has a very good potential
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1449

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:38:36 AM

@Wynne_. Yes I agree. Everyone has to start somewhere to prove themselves and start building a resume in the cryptospace. But starting it by cloning Monero and changing the protocol to have a premine is not a good way to start. What if they are really scammers?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Germining

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:06:55 AM

@Wynne_. Yes I agree. Everyone has to start somewhere to prove themselves and start building a resume in the cryptospace. But starting it by cloning Monero and changing the protocol to have a premine is not a good way to start. What if they are really scammers?

That was discussed a billion times. Read the ANN.... Etherium had a premine, BTC had one... Sumo is the most legit coin I have ever seen.

It makes me mad to even see this question.... The funds are locked in the chain and can't be released...

CryptoPyrate

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:13:00 AM

http://replygif.net/i/1081.gif
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:48:35 AM

isnt AEON the litecoin of monero?

Germining

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:08:38 AM

isnt AEON the litecoin of monero?
Yes it is.... the topic is not written well. SUMO is no light version of something...

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:27:41 AM

That was discussed a billion times. Read the ANN.... Etherium had a premine, BTC had one... Sumo is the most legit coin I have ever seen.

It makes me mad to even see this question.... The funds are locked in the chain and can't be released...
I agree with you escrowed the pre-mine funds will help the project to be able to sustain in the future. One thing I like from Sumokoin is the botnet-proof difficulty algorithm features, and I think it gives a lot of benefit to regular miners to be able to compete.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:42:23 PM

Feedbacks about sumo in this thread says it all. Watching this one. Hope I can decide to invest here since I am new on the community.
Germining

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:21:40 PM

Just a few hours ago we got this awesome release: makesure to check it out!

SUMOKOIN v0.2.0 - Sapporo - Release

Sumokoin v0.2.0, code name Sapporo, named after the capital city of Hokkaido, has been released that supports "Subaddresses" feature.

Subaddresses are on-the-fly addresses derived from wallet standard address which can be used to hide your wallet address from public eyes and therefore strengthens Sumokoin privacy.

Until all exchanges and pools upgrade binaries to this version, you may be able to use subaddresses to:

- Withdraw coin from exchanges

- Receive coins mined sent by pools

Ofc, you can use subaddresses to send/receive coins if both parties are using the latest version of binaries.

WARNING:

1 - Old wallet doesn't recognize subaddresses and cannot see the coins sent to its subaddresses (created by this wallet version). The coins sent, however, are not lost, they can be retrieved with new wallet.

2 - If you use old wallet files with new wallet cli, the tx history needs to be rebuilt by 'rescan_bc' command

Downloads: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/releases/tag/v0.2.0.0

AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Development is so quick in sumo!  I thought the subaddresses would be finalized early next year.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1449

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:19:48 AM

Locked does not change the truth that it has a premine of 10%. If the developers do not want to touch the premined coins then why have the premine in the first place?

This brings up more questions. What will happen once the coins are unlocked on 2020? Who controls the wallets that hold the coins? Will the developers reveal their identities by 2020?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Germining

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:45:54 AM

Locked does not change the truth that it has a premine of 10%. If the developers do not want to touch the premined coins then why have the premine in the first place?

This brings up more questions. What will happen once the coins are unlocked on 2020? Who controls the wallets that hold the coins? Will the developers reveal their identities by 2020?

If you are really interested just read the ANN. This has been discussed a lot of times, and I don't want to explain it again ... There are no valid arguments against a premine. If you want to scam in those days, just make an ico... No need to wait years for wallets to unlock  Wink

cappieman007

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:33:30 PM

seems to me that guessing at a price not have never know. But I think SUMO has a very good potential. maybe x 10 soon
Germining

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:31:01 PM

seems to me that guessing at a price not have never know. But I think SUMO has a very good potential. maybe x 10 soon

One can never know a future price, but based on the technical skills a double digit dollar price would be not to much to ask for.

myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:10:35 PM

While i value your opinion, i must say that if, DEV Team, don't deliver what they promise, there won't be enough volume left to dump in 2020. If this coin gains respect in the Cryptocurrency world, it will be in Top 50 maybe Top 40 and they won't dump and leave the coin. 2020 is long enough to prove the development of the coin.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:29:22 PM

Get some sumokoin, and sell it for profit when you will be done with it and I will be one that who made $100 Million with sumokoin after 10 years.

Just a joke, get monero ''the real coin'' or oax, decred if you want a unique coins.

But who knows? litecoin made it... but sumokoin?

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:32:46 PM

Sumokoin price is appreciating nicely. May get more attention once it crosses
 the $1 milestone. Has x10 potential just going by low marketcap alone.
Germining

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:39:08 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 09:35:34 AM by Germining

Compared to icos like etn sumo should have a marketcap of 100M right away... the tech behind sumo is advanced. Subaddresses on a cryptonight coin are a massive step towards privacy AND usability.

It will be an exciting year 2018

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: