Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:34:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9,L3,D3 - External SYSLOG Server???  (Read 307 times)
zimmy6996 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:09:10 PM

I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has been answered already, but I honestly have taken the time to do forum searches here, as well as digging on Google.  That said, I haven't been able to find anything telling me yes/no, so I'm reaching out to give this a shot ...

I would really like to be able to funnel the syslog output from my S9's and D3's over to a central syslog box, so I can look back on output if there are errors, and a box reboots.  Is this possible?  Clearly, if it is, it's a manual hack using SSH. 
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2545

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:53:51 PM

Only thing I can think of trying is Awesome Miner monitoring software.
It's notifications rules can be set to monitor and act on many conditions. Never looked into your specific need but might be possible. If it is accessible via the miner's API you should be Golden. The author of Awesome is very active in that thread above.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:06:42 PM

You can setup ansible to scrape the data every x seconds or whatever. Its one external way to pull info.

The reality is the logs are pretty useless. The machines dont reboot on their own, if you think they are then its most likely your power supply dropping out.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: